Where would you like to see the magazine?

Yes please! The more feedback the merrier and quickly too.

I'm going to the Philippines for a feedback and development session in the next few weeks, so the more I've got to discuss with them, the better.

They have done a good job in some aspects of the magazine and they have produced some great local articles. The problem we always have outside of Europe is we're writing for the car magazine market, not just the Top Gear fans.

This means we end up with cars that are not so interesting and perhaps a slightly different tone to the magazine, in the interest of making the appeal as broad as possible.

However, I do agree that they might have drifted too far in some areas (and I'm not speaking out of turn, they know this too) - my visit will hopefully pull them back in the right direction. They're a fantastic team and a nice bunch of people, so I'm sure they're gonna get it right.

It took us 10 years to get TG UK right, TG PH is nearly there in just 2....

I'd like to be one of the first to welcome you to my country! I hope your trip will be productive and help steer TG PH back on course. I remembered reading a few years ago TG PH was one of the first localized editions the BBC embarked upon and the feeling of excitement of having a local version that wont cost too much.

I sent you a message containing links to the forums I mentioned earlier via PM so just check your Inbox. There has been many many threads comparing the local edition with other local competition & what motorheads in our country like or not like with TG PH.

This reminds me, we still get TG UK in the newstands through local distributor, Emerald, and I was wondering why we dont get the free DVD of "the best of Top Gear"? Dont mind it being PAL seeming the player & TV are multisystem.

Not yet ... but would hope to have one before too long.

To Canada if it isn't already here! Please! Car and Driver is such a yawn, and Road and Track is useless!

I know we already get the exported version in Australia, but I think it needs a little more exposure somehow.

Unfortunately, because it doesn't really have any local content I don't think that could be done particularly well.

I would just like it to be easier to find the topgear mags. The ones I have been able to find are always a month or two old. And not every newsagent has them, which is a pity because TopGear and Evo are MUCH better mags then local Wheel and Motor which are only good for things like local commodores and falcons.

Gerhard said:
To Canada if it isn't already here! Please! Car and Driver is such a yawn, and Road and Track is useless!
screw Road/Track. Car And Driver, Automobile, and Motor Trend are all very car mags.

If Top Gear magazine guy is still here I would like to ask how much a yearly subscription to Canada would cost. I love the mag, just bought my first, and would like to get more.

I'm still here :)

I think it's ?85 for a year (13 issues). You can subscribe via :

www.topgear.com

just click the link to the magazine on the right hand side and there's a link on the page that opens.

No local version in Canada yet but we're working on it!

digital/online edition would be great

digital/online edition would be great

I look forward to an online/digital subscription of the UK edition. That would be great if it would cost significantly less than the international subscription of the print edition. I already get a couple of magazines delivered electronically via Zinio (zinio.com) and it's very convenient not to mention that I don't have as many old mags lying around the house creating clutter.

holdennutta said:
I know we already get the exported version in Australia, but I think it needs a little more exposure somehow.

Unfortunately, because it doesn't really have any local content I don't think that could be done particularly well.

I would just like it to be easier to find the topgear mags. The ones I have been able to find are always a month or two old. And not every newsagent has them, which is a pity because TopGear and Evo are MUCH better mags then local Wheel and Motor which are only good for things like local commodores and falcons.

I agree 100% the aussie car mags are shite compared to TopGear. The only newsagent that i know has TopGear are usually 3-4 months old and about $20 AUD

TopGear is loved by lots of Aussies but most of the fans i know have no idea that there is a magazine of TopGear.

I for one would love to have a subscription in Aus

TGUKGLM said:
I'm still here :)

No local version in Canada yet but we're working on it!

GLEE!!!! :thumbsup:

Very good, thank you, very enjoyable. Was very kindly invited to big F1 event by Johnnie Walker, so got a bit of partying in too.

We've got a great team over there and I spent a couple of days with them. The new issue is out now and, for me, is the best one they've done so far.

Xenon said:
It is sold in Canada, at least in Vancouver it is. I got it at the UBC bookstore.

Yeah, it sell everywhere in Canada. My local magazine store has it. But they have it in every book store like Chapters and Indigo.

t3h r0x0rs said:
Xenon said:
It is sold in Canada, at least in Vancouver it is. I got it at the UBC bookstore.

Yeah, it sell everywhere in Canada. My local magazine store has it. But they have it in every book store like Chapters and Indigo.

I looked through all Chapters around here in Toronto.. don't have them... :(

i had to do an hr drive to another mall to get it, lol...

I'll do some checking to make sure it's in every Chapters - it should be but sometimes we have problems with the distribution...

I guess it depends on where you go. If you live near the Eaton Centre, the big Indigo store (the one with the Starbucks in it) has it.