Which ferraris were crap?

Actually, for that series the collectible GTBs were the rare fiberglass models, they only made 712 out of 4139

Tom had a GTS, becuase of which it was much more popular 72% made were GTSs about 14k to a total(incl 328 ) of about 20k

my fisrt 40g for a car will probably go to a 328GTB if i can find one

And a fun factoid: the 308 GTB, while having 14,000 copies made, still is a popular car among Ferrari enthusiats due to Magnum PI.

or possibly because it looks, sounds, and goes about as good as a ferrari can, and is reasonbly priced in todays money

at the trackday yesterday (the reason i posted this) i was talking to the 308 driver, i asked if he had done a track day before, he told me he had on various sport bikes, i asked him which he liked better, and in truth he enjoyed the 4 wheeled ferrari more :lol:

seems like a good car then

If I was rich the Ferrai I would least likely buy would be a Scaglietti.
Ferrari%20Scaglietti.jpg

Sure, it's nice to drive etc, but it's just way too boring looking.

thats understandable, but if you talk to ferrari owners, (the type of people who owned 456s before the 612 came out) they rather didn't like being stared at on a daily bases, so as far as that goes the 612 is a better all around daily driver

And a fun factoid: the 308 GTB, while having 14,000 copies made, still is a popular car among Ferrari enthusiats due to Magnum PI.

or possibly because it looks, sounds, and goes about as good as a ferrari can, and is reasonably priced in todays money

at the trackday yesterday (the reason i posted this) i was talking to the 308 driver, i asked if he had done a track day before, he told me he had on various sport bikes, i asked him which he liked better, and in truth he enjoyed the 4 wheeled ferrari more :lol:

seems like a good car then

Yea, my roommate was talking to a guy who had a mondial at a gas station in PA yesterday and the guy had told him he liked it more than his NEW Ferrari. I mean think about it, how much fun can you have in one of these old cheap Ferraris, you can drive em everyday and thrash em around alot more since they're tens of thousands cheaper to repair than anything as new as a 355, you can even work on em at home to some extent. Plus you still get the noise, the looks, and the drive(w/ some exceptions) and the badge w/ comes w/ access to all sorts of events, shows, and the Ferrari Club or [insert country] all for anywhere from 10-40 or 50k sounds good to me

The 208 was crap, the first FI 308s were crap, the 400 was crap, the mondial wasn't particularly good, and the 328 and 348 weren't good either.
That's what I've heard also.

The 208 came out of necessity, the first 308s are collectibles and were mostly considered crap only because of their fiberglass bodies which is what makes them desirable now, i dont know where you heard the 328 was crap everywhere i look generally considers it to be pretty good the 348 and 400 were crap and yea, the mondial wasn't particularly good

Seems that the original Ferrari Testarossa (1984?1991) had some problems in the handling department.

if you have to leave it idle for 30 mins before taking off, i say the handling isn't the only problem that car has

i've never liked the testarossa

Its not often one finds 17 year olds that have that much experience with a make like Ferrari, how many of them have you owned yourself, and how many belonged to friends...?:rolleyes:

I just happened to have read car's list of the best and worst ferraris and I put together my selections with that knowlege and a few accounts from friends, specifically a friend of my dad's who currently owns a 599 and has owned ferraris for thirty years.
The 208 was bad because it was seriously down on power, as was the original fuel injected 308 (another friend owned one and had the quattrovalvole engine swapped into his car).

The 400 was a dog to drive and the automatic box was seriously bad (30 year ferrari guy's first one, bought in 1978 ), the mondial wasn't particularly well sorted (tried to fling you into the scenery) and the 348 was bad enough that the aforementioned friend sold his to some silicon valley guy and bought an NSX instead.

Last edited:
If I was rich the Ferrai I would least likely buy would be a Scaglietti.
Ferrari%20Scaglietti.jpg

Sure, it's nice to drive etc, but it's just way too boring looking.

Really, that is the first one I would go for. It's subtle without being boring to me; I don't like loud flashy cars generally. It has a small back seat in case you need it and a boot large enough to make it a great road-trip car.

The 208 was bad because it was seriously down on power, as was the original fuel injected 308 (another friend owned one and had the quattrovalvole engine swapped into his car)

the guy had a quattrovalvole!, damn now i wish i would have ridden in the car instead of sitting around so much

Really, that is the first one I would go for. It's subtle without being boring to me; I don't like loud flashy cars generally. It has a small back seat in case you need it and a boot large enough to make it a great road-trip car.

Actually is got proper-ish backseats