Who is Aussie STIG ??

Just going off the 'Official Launch of Top Gear Australia' video, it looks like he walks like a Clubman Kart driver I raced a few times, Tobias Kipper. He's been in Formula Ford for a bit now and dabbled into V8 Supercars a few times, but that's as far as its gone. I think he would be too junior for The Stig, but jesus he sure walks like him.

A mate and I reckon it might be Wayne Gardner.

He can drive, he doesn't live that far away (Central Coast?) and he seems to have a bit of time on his hands these days. Judging by the pictures, the height/physique looks about right too.

Who ever it is, I doubt they would be very well known.

...besides he/she has to be a good driver, that pretty much rules out anyone from the V8 Supercars. :p

:lol: The show hasn't even started and already the Stig threads have begun...

Can't you guys just, you know, enjoy the mystery?

i hate threads like these.

Can't you guys just, you know, enjoy the mystery?

Speculation is half the fun! Having said this, I personally don't want to know who Aussie Stig is. I think the whole Stig mystique is what makes Stig such a great character.

To me, speculation about the identity of any Stig (Aussie or otherwise) is sort of like how when you were a kid, as much as you wanted to yank the beard off Father Christmas to see who he was, you knew better not to as it would totally kill the magic. So, whilst it's all good that we all theorise about who the Stig is, I'd still rather not know for sure.

Last edited:
Just like with the progenitor, who gives a shit? It's the Stig, that's all you need to know.

Unlike the UK series, it is entirely possible with TopGear Australia that one of the presenters is the Stig. Charlie and Steve are both racing drivers.

From that promo vid, isn't Aussie Stig wearing a helmet with a big GPR sticker on it too?

Does Jezza have shares in GPR? :D

I'm not sure whether we are supposed to think of the two Stigs as being the same character or whether our Stig is a different Stig. Jeremy did once say about the Stig that there were plenty more where he came from.

Unlike the UK series, it is entirely possible with TopGear Australia that one of the presenters is the Stig. Charlie and Steve are both racing drivers.
I initially thought that too. But then I remembered how all FOUR of them were together at the launch. Although it is possible for them to find someone of similar build to 'fill in'.

Let the tinfoil hat theories begin :D

Yep either could be but whoever it is has a REALLY wierd driving style!!