Who is fed up with the "green" movement?

Jay

the fool on the hill
Let it all out. Rant to the world. This is your thread.

Who is fed up with the "green" movement?

I am.

Hybrids are not green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are terrible.

raise%20your%20hand.jpg

I was an "environmentalist" before this environmentalism thing got out of hand.

And by the fucking way, I've always been raised to not waste water, to recycle my bottles and cans, to turn off the goddamn lights, and to not put tinfoil in the microwave. Stop telling me to fucking do these things.

:x

I see nothing wrong with going 'green', as long as I am in Holland. Every other green movement is just to take money from someone else because of invisible gas.

Last edited:
I was just about to start a similar thread the other day.

Dear Auto Industry,
STOP THIS BULLSHIT, and please go back to conventional internal combustion powered cars that actually WORK. I've done two research projects (granted, they weren't that deep, but still) on this issue, and no, just no.

Hybrids are not green!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They are terrible.

This is true. I don't hate green. I just hate pseudo-green like hybrids.

I hate people who think of green as a kind of fashionable trend.

@Crazy - I'm sorry, but any hideous diesel car emitting sulfur is not green. Relatively speaking, I don't really think of many cars as being green.

Last edited:
I hate people who think of green as a kind of fashionable trend.

Or those who think they are actually making a difference, whether it is environmental or economic. Because its not either.

Heres one of the few relatively green car I do like.
http://img26.imageshack.**/img26/5707/audir8v12tdiconcept2008.jpg
23MPG from a 500hp V12 that does 0-60 in 4.2s. Yes please.

Edit:
Also, luckily Aston Martin seems to be on the side of the petrolhead. Their Aston Martin Lagonda Concept, while awfully hideous, is pretty much the only petrol powered concept at Geneva so far. Koenigsegg on the other hand :no::no::no:

Last edited:
It's called "moral superiority". Fucking Hollywood.

I think mankind should be more environmentally considerate, but the "green" movement shits me because it is all about superficial cliches and easy targets. There seems to be little depth to it, little thought and very little scientific rigour.

They have gone after the car, but what about everything else? Junk mail (both addressed and unaddressed) contributes as much to my "carbon footprint" as my cars. Every week I throw out kilograms of the stuff. Trees were felled, factories burned fossil fuels to produce it and carbon was produced in its delivery ... and for what? Nothing. I've tried to restrict it, but the "no junk mail" sign on my letter box keeps getting removed by those that deliver the stuff. In recent council elections, I recieved 3 how to vote cards from the fkn Green Party!!! Three! Why pick on the car? Why pick on something that makes my life better? Why not direct your attention to an environmentally damaging activity that makes my life worse? :mad:

Another thing. Vegitarians. They produce far more carbon than omnivores. They only eat plants (which help trap carbon), they don't eat animals (which produce carbon and other greenhouse gasses) and because of this diet (which is relatively low in fat) they have a higher respiratory quotient for any given metabolic rate, which means they produce more carbon dioxide per calorie produced than someone who eats meat. Why aren't vegitarians on the "green" radar???!!! They are killing the planet. :(

Last edited:
well later this year im making a doco on the future of cars, looking into hybrids, electric cars and hydrogen
it'll probably be slightly different at the time of production, but it'll still follow the same consensus...

hybrids are half assed, they still use fuel, they still pollute, and even though its on a small scale, the figures still exist and thats not a good thing
Electric cars are very good but impractical and hence dont have a place in every day society
hydrogen though.....spot on. And its this piece of ingenuity which will save the petrol car
so in reality, you'll only need to be green if you dont love cars, which is just the way we petrol heads want it :)

well later this year im making a doco on the future of cars, looking into hybrids, electric cars and hydrogen
it'll probably be slightly different at the time of production, but it'll still follow the same consensus...

hybrids are half assed, they still use fuel, they still pollute, and even though its on a small scale, the figures still exist and thats not a good thing
Electric cars are very good but impractical and hence dont have a place in every day society

hydrogen though.....spot on. And its this piece of ingenuity which will save the petrol car
so in reality, you'll only need to be green if you dont love cars, which is just the way we petrol heads want it :)

Don't forget about manufacturing the batteries. Did some research and Jezza was absolutely right, its awful for the environment.

I am beyond fed up now. I'm numb. I just don't care what the ecotards think any more. They're just noise to me.

You want to see a green car?

THIS
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/03/04/pg1970chevellelavinia.jpg

That is way greener than any Toyota Prius Why, because it was made 40 years ago, from materials dug out of the ground in the same country it is assembled in. The pollution created from its manufacture has already been taken care of by nature.

You want to save the planet? Don't buy a new car, drive an old one. The amount of pollution produced by the engine is nothing to the amount of damage done by strip mining nickel for your hybrid's batteries.

You want to see a green car?

THIS
https://pic.armedcats.net/c/cr/crazyjeeper/2009/03/04/pg1970chevellelavinia.jpg

That is way greener than any Toyota Prius Why, because it was made 40 years ago, from materials dug out of the ground in the same country it is assembled in. The pollution created from its manufacture has already been taken care of by nature.

You want to save the planet? Don't buy a new car, drive an old one. The amount of pollution produced by the engine is nothing to the amount of damage done by strip mining nickel for your hybrid's batteries.

Exactly! Strip away the Hollywood self righteous shit and "global warming" and you'll see that certain things are greener than you think. And is no one pissed that crap like global warming and stuff like recycling which we (euros at least) do anyway? What about more important non-human issues? Conservation, manufacturing, overpopulation and environmental demolition should be the important things, not this self-righteous crap about the earth melting. Not mentioning moral issues, ie, genocide, innocents in prison,
animal welfare, blah blah blah.

That's what pisses me off about the green movement- completely lost touch with its logic and purpose. Environmentalism should be about the important (REAL) issues I mentioned above, not sensationalist bullshit that makes people feel like they're saving the f***ing world. Same principle as Christian fundamentalists- turning a religion based on peace and caring for humans (and some animals, depending on your interpretation) and changing it into some sort of hate-filled rhetoric that wants you to convert or kill everyone that doesn't follow some bullshit principle a priest pulled out of his hat to make controversy.

/rant

The moral superiority involved and the false greenery are kind of annoying. But I guess the "green movement" can also include legitimate pollution awareness, which I don't have a problem with.