Who is fed up with the "green" movement?

Global warming to most people is no different to ab blasters or other fitness equipment from the late ninties, the sooner the market moves on from this fad to another the better off we will be (in fact the environment will be better off as well, as valid research can be conducted not "OMG SKY FALLING TOMORROW" to get a few quick research bucks)

Like you wouldn't believe, but I'm too tired to type out all the details. I think it will just end up pissing me off.

Can't even be arsed to type something original.

Despite being an avid motorsport competitor, I am more or less pro-environment and think yes we should be doing all we can to reduce our impact.

However do anything about cars is pretty fucking useless given the pollution from other sources. Fix up public transport. Imagine for a minute if electric technology got installed in every bus diesel spewing bus in the world. Billions of kilometres worth of fuel burn and pollution solved.

The one question that keeps burning me though is........ok yes the world is getting warmer and the climate is changing, but how do we know that mankind has anything to do with it. Earth has gone through so many massive climate changes that surely its bound to happen again!

Conservation of resource should be common sense. End of story.

I long for the time when the word "green" only meant a colour.

To me Green is still a color. The environmentalist movement is just pissing me off.

I have found my next car that I will get after college. I was thinking of a Volvo S60R or a Mercedes C43...but they aren't "green" enough. Time for me to buy a Chevelle SS with 900 HP!!!

And for mileage: It's not the car you drive, its how you drive it. I've tried to see how low of mileage I can get on my dad's pius. I've managed to get it down to 15mpg on a 6 mile trip. :lol: The highest my TSX has gone on the same trip was around 35-40 mpg.

Last edited:
The one question that keeps burning me though is........ok yes the world is getting warmer and the climate is changing, but how do we know that mankind has anything to do with it. Earth has gone through so many massive climate changes that surely its bound to happen again!
According to a friend of mine, who is an environmental scientist, CO2 emission plots correspond almost perfectly with global temperature rise.

My problem with the "green" movement is the lack of understanding of the issue on their part. Here is a perfect example that many probably know about:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yi3erdgVVTw[/YOUTUBE]

I would disagree that cars are not a part of the problem, they absolutely are even though private transport is far from the biggest offender it still pollutes. The problem is how most econuts go about solving the problem.

Hybrids and anything with a high capacity battery, as been mentioned, is absolutely the wrong way to go. HEV's are slightly better but the problem of manufacturing still exists, electronics are VERY toxic when being made and are very difficult to recycle not only because of their composition but because there is no electronic recycle bin outside your house.

Moving ALL cars to be HEV's or whatever other green propulsion they come up with is also not a solution. I would bet that my friends and I produce less pollution with our unfriendly cars than my friend with a Camry Hybrid down in NC. Simple reason for it is that my gearhead friends and I don't drive to and from work every day and don't need to take the car to go get some groceries and even if we do its a few blocks not 2-3 miles. If/when "green" cars become the norm there is nothing wrong with having a beast in the garage that will spew huge amounts of black smoke into the atmosphere simply because it will be driven once or twice a week at most.

I caught a few minutes of the Colbert Report last night and they had some guy talking about eating habbits. He brought up an interesting point, that Clarkson sorta made before, he said that a family of three eating a steak dinner is the same as them turning all the lights in the house, getting into their SUV and driving around for an hour. He cited the UN study that something like 2/3 of all greenhouse gases come from industrial life stock. Add to that factories, "clean" :ROFL: coal burning plants, oil/gas boilers that are pretty much at every single house/building on the planet.

Problem is that it is very hard to go after Kraft, Perdue, National Grid and so on... because they have money, they have power, they have lawyers and lobbyists in the government so they can get what they want. It is easy to go after individuals because we have very little power and since the propaganda made "green" fashionable there is not much will to speak out either.

And for mileage: It's not the car you drive, its how you drive it. I've tried to see how low of mileage I can get on my dad's pius. I've managed to get it down to 15mpg on a 6 mile trip. The highest my TSX has gone on the same trip was around 35-40 mpg.

Agree 100% my roommate drives a 2.0 (I think) Nissan Sentra. No power, small light car, he gets about 30MPG. My A4 gets 33-35 w/o much trouble, to add insult to injury I can get that mileage going 70-75 and he can only get it at about 60.

Last edited:
I'd sick to the teeth of it, but I gave in to the pressure and now I have a green car...

What?

Think I'll buy a Lotus Esprit next, that will have no eco-features either. :D

The moral superiority involved and the false greenery are kind of annoying. But I guess the "green movement" can also include legitimate pollution awareness, which I don't have a problem with.

That's what I mean. Most of it is useless now, but the base principles are good and still work. It's been hollywood-ised, basically.

I'd sick to the teeth of it, but I gave in to the pressure and now I have a green car...

What?

Think I'll buy a Lotus Esprit next, that will have no eco-features either. :D

Your Series III is probably one of the greener cars here. Its 2.25L I-4 probably uses very little fuel, it was made 30 years ago, so the pollution from it manufacture is gone and it doesn't contain 50 billion miles of plastic and other un-eco friendly material.

Cars are a distraction - miniscule part of the problem, we could all drive the Pirus and it would not matter one jot.

Logging and burning down the rian forest, Cows burping, El Nino, stupid in efficient coal fired power stations and other shit is far more important.

Right so lets start to fix it, yes get as efficient with cars as possible, try to find a better fuel that works but let us deal with the other more important crap too.

There is a Discovery show series that has a list of ideas; some of which are of the "Oh shit - its all hit the fan what can be done type?" and some of which could be done soon like wrap Glaciers in thermal blankets at vunerable points - stops them melting and hence reduced the amount of water in the sea and sea desalination.

theres so many things that piss me off about it

the main thing really is the kind of ignorance they have... i think thats the right word, they go round spouting what is essentially bollocks because its based solely on emotion and not science and the thing that really gets me going is that the media + others like governments pick up on it and restate it as some kind of truth

its just annoying

and then theres people who produce "token gesture" environmental products that really are no better than normal products or sometimes even worse and then charge you through the nose for it. people who make a profit from what could be a load of misguided tosh.

theres so much money and political power tied up in this 'CO2 is the root of all evil' idea that i honestly believe that if any information to the contrary were to be discovered it would be buried, along with the finder, faster than you can blink.just like in 1984 the paper would be tossed into the furnaces in the middle of the ministry and the thought police would make the person responsible vanish. the market associated with this is multi-billion dollar in size, and it gives politicians good leverage with people who dont know any better.... like hell theyre gonna let it all disappear because the facts have been discovered.

im not a conspirasist but i've heard some more extreme people suggesting NASA's recent failure to launch that satalite into space that will look at carbon in the atmosphere was just too perfect..... it means the greenies can go on without solid facts to back up their claims and the opposition have to continue going on voiceless.

the best laugh is, this lot target the car.....that nice little status symbol that gives freedom and shows that you have been pretty successful in life.... yet the thing is, as long as we use petrol/diesel we will get CO2, its absolutely unavoidable in the combustion process and it can only be effectively reduced with after-treatment. but even that can only go so far. on top of this, in the grand scheme of things, the car contributes a rather paltry amount of CO2 to the atmosphere.

and if the green fuckers hadnt intervened in the past, we'd have nuclear power all over the place so we wouldnt need coal/gas fired ones and we'd probably have a nice abundance of energy to spend on other things like producing hydrogen. the only way we stop producing CO2 is to move to a hydrogen economy or find someway of getting useful work out of oil without combusting it.

Last edited:
why all the fuzz, even big cars can be green :D

green-hummer-h4-big.jpg

Last edited:
I think mankind should be more environmentally considerate, but the "green" movement shits me because it is all about superficial cliches and easy targets. There seems to be little depth to it, little thought and very little scientific rigour.

They have gone after the car, but what about everything else? Junk mail (both addressed and unaddressed) contributes as much to my "carbon footprint" as my cars. Every week I throw out kilograms of the stuff. Trees were felled, factories burned fossil fuels to produce it and carbon was produced in its delivery ... and for what? Nothing. I've tried to restrict it, but the "no junk mail" sign on my letter box keeps getting removed by those that deliver the stuff. In recent council elections, I recieved 3 how to vote cards from the fkn Green Party!!! Three! Why pick on the car? Why pick on something that makes my life better? Why not direct your attention to an environmentally damaging activity that makes my life worse? :mad:

Another thing. Vegitarians. They produce far more carbon than omnivores. They only eat plants (which help trap carbon), they don't eat animals (which produce carbon and other greenhouse gasses) and because of this diet (which is relatively low in fat) they have a higher respiratory quotient for any given metabolic rate, which means they produce more carbon dioxide per calorie produced than someone who eats meat. Why aren't vegitarians on the "green" radar???!!! They are killing the planet. :(

+1
So, time to target India? Land of vegetarians and methane-spewing cows?

The green movement sucks balls. Everything I would also type as been said already. Since when was it cool to not hate hippies?

+1
So, time to target India? Land of vegetarians and methane-spewing cows?

Well, I have been to India ..... and it is very warm there. :)

An average sized adult human produces about 900 grams of CO2 per day at rest. That means the population of India (by basal metabolic processes alone) produces about 90,000 Tonnes of CO2 per day .... (if they all ate more meat, this figure could be reduced by more than 10%). I'm pretty sure the Kyoto thing didn't take this into consideration. :lol:

This is for all the ecomentalists out there; this is how we do it in Finland.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BJD3aoth5U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dTH5eGhqvCM&NR=1[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlvOuJ3pzhI&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Fuck yeah !! Nothing like the smell of smoking diesel in the morning.
I once got to be a part of one of these early morning cold starts, with three of those Masis in the last video. It was a beautiful sight really.

Last edited:
Well, I have been to India ..... and it is very warm there. :)

An average sized adult human produces about 900 grams of CO2 per day at rest. That means the population of India (by basal metabolic processes alone) produces about 90,000 Tonnes of CO2 per day .... (if they all ate more meat, this figure could be reduced by more than 10%). I'm pretty sure the Kyoto thing didn't take this into consideration. :lol:

Well there's quite a lot o' beef running around their streets :lol: Let 'em eat it - saves the planet :p

The best way to save the Earth is to kill ourselves.

colorvisualize.jpg

I'm fed up with the people who complain about the green movement, does it really affect the cars you are currently driving or will drive in the near future, or are you pissed they won't be making the next supercar that you'll probably never own, drive or touch.

Seriously. Chill.