Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

Who will be the first driver to lose his seat in 2009?

• Total voters

rascalb

While only two races have been run so far this season, I doubt that we will see the same driver line up in Abu Dhabi that we do now. Who is your pick for the first driver to lose his seat?

I voted for Webber. If he doesnt get the sack it will come before next season. I think Bourdais would be my second choice.

I honestly think, this poll is a no brainer - its going to be piquet without a shadow of a doubt. \\ Rare finishes, rare pace, guaranteed damages.

MP4! webber is doing awesome so far, hes just got his perpetually bad karma from the last 10 lives or so..
I completely agree though bourdais is close, he's just not showing the performance or the technical feedback. Nakajima seems like he is hanging in there, but he needs to stop dropping the car off track.

I think Kimi's been doing okay despite the first 2 races being rubbish for him so far. I don't think it's for a lack of trying on his part, he does genuinely look more game this season than last year, and let's not forget that the F60 isn't up to scratch yet, so the under performance cannot be blamed solely on the drivers yet.

My guess? Either Bourdais or Piquet. Bourdais really isn't looking very good at the moment, and I think Buemi seems to be doing much better than him. IMO, Bourdais cannot afford to let himself be out-performed by his team-mate again this year. Piquet seriously needs to up his game or he'll be gone very soon.

I think Webber's doing great, except that he's having really shitty luck!

I don't think anyone will lose their seat but if someone does it will be Piquet.

Piquet, maybe Bourdais.

Piquet. His attitude is unprofessional, even if his words mostly are.

Kovalainen, if he continues to kill cars after the first turn. Piquet otherwise.

I really hope Bourdais doesn't lose his seat.

I'll be the odd one here and say Nakajima will lose his seat, not fired by Williams, but by the Toyota bosses who will stop supporting him and replace him with someone like Kamui Kobayashi. Who will fare absolutely NO better.

Last edited:
Barrichello.

Start sports once said Kubica is nosing up to Brawn, and that Rubenho is running on a per race basis from Brawn at the moment.

Worries me.

Barrichello.

Start sports once said Kubica is nosing up to Brawn, and that Rubenho is running on a per race basis from Brawn at the moment.

Worries me.

Not a wise move. First off, with BrawnGP, Kubica is not gonna be expecting lots of salary. Secondly, who knows when the big teams will catch up, then what? Kubica will need to move back to the big teams again. So I can't really see that happening anytime soon.

Piquet. His attitude is unprofessional, even if his words mostly are.

what unprofessional attitude?? I havn't been paying attention to Piquet's career/attitude. Surely he can't top hamilton as being a twat.

Last edited:
Barrichello.

You think so? I find it hard to believe that Brawn would dismiss him in favor of Kubica. Brawn said, and I agree with him on this, that Rubens' experience is an integral part of the team's success so far, and they (especially Jensen) wouldn't be nearly as prepared if he weren't on board.

Which is why I have lost all respect that is there for Kubica.

He's just so set out to get his world championship in this scenario. Compared to Jenson he's seriously weak. And being open to diss his team as slow and such last season is doing his employer damage in PR.

I'm not that worried about Kub replacing Bar, I'm more concerned about Bar's car 23's gearbox. It got changed, and yet, still cant launch properly from the pits. My god.

But honestly, per race basis... I'm not too sure.

what unprofessional attitude?? I havn't been paying attention to Piquet's career/attitude. Surely he can't top hamilton as being a twat.

He's always very negative. Every time I see him on camera he's got a face like a storm. He just looks pissed off. That can't rub off well on the team members he's close with, and I'm sure it's something the team manager and the crew chief are noticing.

As for Hamilton, I don't know. He looks like he presents himself okay as far as his professional obligations, but Ron Dennis basically owns his career, so I'm sure if he starts to get out of line he'll either be put back in or disowned.

Renault will be pissed off with Piquet in no time. Him and Bourdais are the only two I see leaving before the end of the season, but I doubt either will (although I think they will both go after Abu Dhabi).

Nelson, Kazuki and Sea Bass, unfortunate for the latter, but Piquet deserves the sack.

Rubens and Heikki might just leave F1 after the season... I see Rosberg making his way to Mclaren, Vettel staying put if Red Bull look to stay competitive.

I clicked on Piquet and hahahaha surprise, he has 25 votes. That guy isn't getting any love