"Why I Left Jihad"

Yes, that's the whole point. You can't force everyone to love each other and get along... you have to keep to your own affairs and hope that these different groups of people start to get along more and more.

Forcing your own thoughts and beliefs on other people is just going to anger them.

Firecat said:
Tsk Tsk. You know I don't have problems with conservatives (I partly am one so to speak). Anyway, my point was this is all politics....the same way America had commnists as their bad guy (and now fundamentalists)...it's the same way Arabs have Zionists as their bad guy. Yes, I do wish some could better differentiate between Jews and Zionists.

From a modern conservative, yes I'm far from it. But an old school conservative, like Pat Buchanan or even Tucker Carlson....I find myself on the same side on many issues. Bush et al are not conservatives, they are neoconservatives (which I'm sure i've posted extensively on before)

I don't see how you would agree with Pat Buchannan, maybe on closing the border, and talk about civil rights in the same breathe.

About the war, interventionist policies (foreign), free trade, Israel...and several other issues

What happens in those threads? Does Justin get bashed because his political stance on every issue is the exact opposite of what pretty much everyone else thinks to the point where it seems like he just opposes popular opinion to try and act cool? Is that it?

:D

Because everyone here or most, are Liberal.

And that leads people to believe because they all think similarly and disagree with me that my view is wrong and everyone else is right.

All the Justin vs. the World IS going on.

Besides MPower and some posts from Jeffy, Tomo, Im posting against the all of the Liberal minded members on here.

I'm not a classic liberal and quite frankly I can't understand that Americans tend to classify everything not right-wing as liberal. Sure, I would callmyself one in the sense of the phylosophical definition, but who wouldn't ?

I'm not a fan of liberalism when it comes to the market and parts of politics. Nor I'm a fan of Adam Smith and his vision. Any society that purely relies on the market to offer solutions to everything will have it's fair share of social deficits. Which I'm not willing to accept.

Can you Americans explain to me why social-liberalism became liberal in general ? Did you guys change the definition or is it just another word for not conservative ?

Seemed so to me, that's why I asked. Can you tell me if it's a recent phenomenon to call everyone who disagrees a liberal or has it always been like that ?

Should I call you Left or Liberal or Social Liberal or what.

What doesnt offend you.

I am basing that based on the arguments most people on here bring up which is predominantely socially-Liberal minded.

It was not meant as offensive so don't get your panties up in a bunch.

Its not like I called you far-left loonies but I was easily called far-right winger/far-right wing conservative when the political test I recently took doesnt even show that.

I just did it to classify, I don't really care if you are Libertarian or Social-liberal or economic conservative, etc.

Certainly some people want to imply or make me seem more disrepsectful than I am or more of a bigot when I have respected the opposition and its view.

Relax Justin, nobody wants to make you seem like this or that. I'm sure everyone here is capable to form a own opinion based on your posts.

Like I said, I was merely interested in the extensive use of liberal.

Well some are very quick to assume what I think or put words in my mouth. I am sure you have seen that in the postings of some.

I didn't mean it in a negative way. The old justin did that, I post and argue my points with respect for others EVEN IF I TOTALLY disagree with all my Conservative heart.

justin syder said:
I didn't mean it in a negative way. The old justin did that,

I think the "old Justin" was before my time, what was he like?!? Oh, and I've really enjoyed all the debates we've been having....it has been keeping me on my toes and giving me something to do.

Firecat said:
I think the "old Justin" was before my time, what was he like?!?

He was mean and he liked Clinton. :lol:
Sorry couldn't help myself.

There is a thread where I apologized for flaming other ppl's view and being undebatable. In Political Section.

I think it came about just when you arrived Firefox.

zenkidori said:
it's the conservatives word for people who disagree. I myself am not a liberal, but Justin would tell you otherwise.
What exactly are you then? Im not saying that being a liberal implies a negative, insultative conotation, but from what I have seen, you do have liberal views. Again, not a bad thing... just those are your views.

MPower said:
zenkidori said:
it's the conservatives word for people who disagree. I myself am not a liberal, but Justin would tell you otherwise.
What exactly are you then? Im not saying that being a liberal implies a negative, insultative conotation, but from what I have seen, you do have liberal views. Again, not a bad thing... just those are your views.

This could be a an interesting topic. It depends on what you are looking at. Are we talking about politcal views on the economy or society in general?

Gay marriage would probably fall under the liberal spectrum. What about being anti-Iraq war, where would that fall under? As I mentioned before, old school conservatives (i.e. the real conservatives) were most likely against the war. I'm not sure things are so black and white anymore, and classifying people as "liberal" or "conservative" doesn't really encompass that persons true indentity.

I don't consider myself liberal (and for the most part, I dislike many politicians and others that consider themselves "liberal" in todays politcal world). If I were to slap a label onto myself, it would most likely be "leftist"....but as I mentioned before, I share many views with paleoconservatives. There are similarities between certain aspects of the right and left

Also, the politcal spectrum is very broad. What some might consider liberal over here in the States, may be moderate in Canada...each country or society has a different political spectrum.