Wiesmann considering the blitz: GT might get BMW 510 hp V10

ahpadt

Forum Addict
wiesmann_bmw_v10.jpg

The Wiesmann GT is about to get a mad, bad engine to match its mad, bad looks. Available since inception with BMW's 362 HP V8 that gets it to the six-oh in 4.6, the niche maker from Muenster is said to be considering a variant that hides the M-edition five-liter V10. If Wiesmann didn't alter the car in any way, it would be an instant boost of 148 HP for a car that weighs quite a bit less than 3,000 pounds. That would raise its performance -- and its handling -- from 'more than adequate' to 'absolute nutter.' There's a chance the car could do its first meet-and-greet at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/22/wiesmann-considering-the-blitz-gt-might-get-bmw-510-hp-v10/

:wub:

Last edited:
Oh. My. God.

Do it Wiesmann, do it!!!

wiesmann_bmw_v10.jpg

There's a chance the car could do its first meet-and-greet at the Frankfurt Auto Show next month.

Well, since there will be a GT there, they could just say its the V10 one ;-)

That would be AWESOME

Eh, I just don't see why I'd want this over the M5. Or the previous Wiesmann over the M3. I don't see what extra it offers. And it looks like the brain bug from Starship Troopers at the front.

a-bug-6-l.jpg

Eh, I just don't see why I'd want this over the M5. Or the previous Wiesmann over the M3. I don't see what extra it offers. And it looks like the brain bug from Starship Troopers at the front.

There are very few cars that are more exclusive. The M3 and the M5 are both heavier, sure you could strip them.:rolleyes:
I actually like the looks, there are more contemporary cars around, but not everyone wants them ;)

DO IT!

NOW!

I love how the Wiesmann looks and I would immediately take it over an M6.

I'd take the Wiesmann over the BMW! It looks stunning!!

If I had to choose one car, right now, to drive for the rest of my life, it just had to be this.

Oh. My. God.

Do it Wiesmann, do it!!!

God that's a great looking car.

DO IT!

NOW!

jesus christ my lord in heaven they have to make that !

I'm one-billion-trillion percent in agreement with ^ these people. I mean, good god this car would be quick and make one brilliant noise. And the BEST FREAKING PART?!?!?! NO GOD DAMNED M BUTTON AND STUPID REDICULOUS IDRIVE CRAP! Push in the clutch and turn the key to get your 500BHP+ please and thank you.

^ No it isn't.

Wiesmann GT with BMW V10 power confirmed for Frankfurt

According to a variety of reports circulating the web, it's been confirmed by Weismann that a V10-version of its retrotastic coupe will be making its official debut in Frankfurt next month. Based off the company's current coupe, the GT MF 5 will be sporting a BMW-sourced 507 HP V10, the same found in the M5/M6.

The current model tips the scales at just over 2,700 pounds when equipped with the 362 HP V8, so a 0-60 time under 4.5 seconds should be easily within reach.

Expect the new model to make it to dealers abroad sometime next year, likely sporting revised body panels and a tweaked interior.

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/08/25/wiesmann-gt-with-bmw-v10-power-confirmed-for-frankfurt/

:woot: