Will there be a season 2?

Will there be a season 2?

• Total voters
(how many people watch russian news daily, realistically?)
In case this wasn't rhetorical, the German and French News are the highest rating at around 14,000 nationally. Most of the others are around half that, Russian News rates around 6000, with Korean the lowest at 1000.

Besides which, they run in a loop on the World News Channel, which next year SBS say they plan to turn into a full secondary channel exclusively showing foreign language programming, including the things like foreign language children's shows and a prime time of foreign language stuff.

SBS can't make money off the foreign language programs, so they need to have some mainstream English content like Top Gear to be able to fund the stuff that SBS is for. They can't run it off the Government funding alone, so they need to appeal to the masses or at least a significant niche (that's why SBS loves the cult programming, like Iron Chef) so they can spend the rest of the time doing the unprofitable stuff.

In case this wasn't rhetorical, the German and French News are the highest rating at around 14,000 nationally. Most of the others are around half that, Russian News rates around 6000, with Korean the lowest at 1000.

Besides which, they run in a loop on the World News Channel, which next year SBS say they plan to turn into a full secondary channel exclusively showing foreign language programming, including the things like foreign language children's shows and a prime time of foreign language stuff.

SBS can't make money off the foreign language programs, so they need to have some mainstream English content like Top Gear to be able to fund the stuff that SBS is for. They can't run it off the Government funding alone, so they need to appeal to the masses or at least a significant niche (that's why SBS loves the cult programming, like Iron Chef) so they can spend the rest of the time doing the unprofitable stuff.

Exactly + 1

Exactly + 1

That's why, as this blue-rinse based push to have SBS "return to traditional values" starts, we all must put forward the above views to the government review that I mentioned (& gave a link to) earlier in the thread. There's no point to SBS if it is irrelevent to the majority of the population.

It'll be around, it's turning out to be a good show!

I said yes, but the question you've asked in the title and the question you've asked in the poll are completely different ones really. The question in the poll was whether I like it, which is not the same as whether there will be a second season, and I think as long as people in Australia continue to watch it (I believe ratings are good?) then there will be a second series. I think it's got a long way to go, but then the first series of new style Top Gear really did as well.

I hope so, it's still much better than most of the crap they make here

I caught five minutes of another australian show called "packed to the rafters" good lord it's awful

agreed, and you havnt even mentioned neihbours, McLeodS daughters or HOME AND AWAY

but top gear australia cant touch UK top gear, i cant believe sbs replaced it with Aus TG. horrible. its painful to watch. but still beats any of those above mentioned shows

SBS hasn't replaced UK TopGear with TGA, they will still be showing the original.

And with the UK guys deciding to only do 14 episodes a year from now on, you should be happy that there is the Aussie version to fill in the gaps though-out the year.