Will trade Blood for Oil

Isn't that what the Iraq war is for -- trading blood for oil?

Sorry, had to do it. :)

^Yeah, I know a lot of people like that. Luckily, I'm not one of them.

Hey people, if you can you should give blood for no reason. </soapbox>

I used to, but there is no Red Cross anywhere near me. I show up for blood drives when I know about them, though.

I can't donate for some time with my injury, it would slow my healing.

PS- Congratulations to everyone who got the reference about "blood for oil" and the Iraq war. I was poking fun at myself and my propensity for posting political propaganda.

Yay, soliloquy!

^ actually, there's this

The "No Blood for Oil" stickers have been around for some time. The saying is referencing the blood of US troops.

^ actually, there's this

The "No Blood for Oil" stickers have been around for some time. The saying is referencing the blood of US troops.

Wouldn't it be ironic if those stickers were a petroleum product. :p

Isn't that what the Iraq war is for -- trading blood for oil?

Sorry, had to do it. :)

Yeah I also thought this was going to be a war thread.

Anyway, I think it's a good idea. I used to donate blood alot because it meant you got a reason to ditch classes AND they gave you cookies and stuff.

Now I'm not so inclined to drive 50 kms, wait for an hour, and then walk out without anything in return. Fuel for blood sounds like a good deal to me

While I like the idea of encouraging people to donate blood, I feel the need to quote the ever-insightful Blind_Io:

Not sure, probably donated by the gas retailers and written off as a donation on their taxes... so technically it would be the US Taxpayer.

This is a good point, this will most likely make even larger margins for the oil companies that are raping us at our expense. Fuck yeah.