Wireless troubles

Dr_Grip

Made from concentrate
Car(s)
79 Opel Kadett|72 Ford Country Sedan|03 Volvo XC70
This is a test to find the root of my Linux troubles.

It seems like Wireless I/O seems to lead to Firefox and pidgin, but not Skype freezes. Am i mad, in a coma, or back in time?

I turned off bluetooth cause linux has taken me back to 1983. Does this really make things worse or am i seeing a pattern where none exists?

I have to figure out why this lags so i can get back to being able to use my computer.

Next try will be a reboot from integrated to discreet graphics. There must be some way to sort this out.

Okay, so this is me on the nvidia driver. Let's see how that goes.

EDIT: The free X11 driver for nvidia cards (nouveau) sucks hairy donkey balls. It's marked as experimental, so it has every right to do so, but it still sucks.

Now installed the non-free Nvidia driver. Makes everything look better, but the laggin problem remains. Strong as ever.

Last edited:
Damn this fuck. I'm back on the Intel graphics as i flat out refuse to deal with the broken shit that are both the open and the closed source Nvidia drivers.

As they did not solve my lag problems AND the Nvidia card ruins the not-so-great-to-start-with battery live even more, i can't see the point.

The other thing i did was importing the package for the current linux kernel from debian unstable and, at least for the duration of this post, there's no lagging.

Off to redyoutube, more testing.