Woodward Dream Cruise (Michigan) - August 15, 2015

Between road racing, autoX, and a bunch of other trips I'm doing I don't think I can swing a hotel, especially at Woodward prices. Maybe I'll just sleep in my car.

So is there any solid plans for an FG at the cruise this year? Its coming up in under 2 weeks. If there will be a FG meetup, i'll go but if not, i'm going to skip the cruise. Not a fan of the traffic and crowds.

Side note, Midwest drift union: streets of detroit is going on at Michigan Central Station downtown on the 15th as well. Not as good as Formula D but still a good time.

So is there any solid plans for an FG at the cruise this year? Its coming up in under 2 weeks. If there will be a FG meetup, i'll go but if not, i'm going to skip the cruise. Not a fan of the traffic and crowds.

Side note, Midwest drift union: streets of detroit is going on at Michigan Central Station downtown on the 15th as well. Not as good as Formula D but still a good time.

I know LeVeL and thevictor390 are arriving mid next week. Personally I'm not interested in drifting so I'm leaning to passing on that, but if there's enough interest, I'll tag along. I just don't understand why they need to do that on the same day as literally the largest car show in the world.

Last edited:
They seem to be intentional whatever reason, as evidenced by formula D being scheduled on the same day last year (iirc).

I'm guessing its because usually the drift car scene has virtually no overlap with the classic muscle car cruising scene.

After thinking about it, i'll probably skip the drift event this year. Let me know if there will be a FG meetup. Otherwise, i'll likely hang out with the great lakes Z club on saturday.

I'm proposing meeting up somewhere for lunch on cruise Saturday. Last year I had no problem getting into Crispelli's. Vinsetta Garage would be my top choice, but good luck getting a table in there.

I'm up for lunch/mini-meet.

I'm hoping, but not holding my breath that there's going to have a cactus on display for the sake of pummeling the side panels on...

I'm up for lunch/mini-meet.

I'm hoping, but not holding my breath that there's going to have a cactus on display for the sake of pummeling the side panels on...

I'm sure it'll be out and about. Not sure about a display.

Does anyone know what the story behind that car is or why its in Michigan?

I'm sure it'll be out and about. Not sure about a display.

Does anyone know what the story behind that car is or why its in Michigan?

For what it's worth, I've also seen a giulietta (or was it mito..?) roaming around. so they may be as much USDM-vaporware as the ranger and everest spottings in dearborn

Theres 2010 RX8 R3 in my apartment complex parking lot.

Turns out, i shouldnt count on buying a car before I even contact the seller. Cars been sold so my saturday opened way up. I'm down for a meet whenever.

We'll be out of Woodward tonight if anyones interested in joining... location TBD, but likely parked on a side street around 14 mile and walking between 13 and Maple.

I don't know how to car anymore. This is massive sensory overload and it's only Thursday. I've stopped noticing Roadrunners, C7 Z06s, Shelby Cobra replicas, Hellcat Chargers and Challengers, etc. In one parking lot I lost count at 53 Dodge Vipers. I finally saw a Daytona Charger. I need a beer...