World of Speed - the Project CARS' not-so-serious little brother

neutron

How did we miss this? World of Speed is an action racing game made by the same chaps that are in charge of the incredible Project CARS - Slightly Mad Studios.
http://worldofspeed.com/

[video=youtube;-kXPH441Hvc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kXPH441Hvc[/video]

Slightly Mad Studios & My.com are proud to announce World of Speed ? a free-to-compete AAA massively multiplayer online action-racing game which introduces a new level of connected competition to the racing genre. Developed by the award-winning team at Slightly Mad Studios, World of Speed allows players to hop into the driver seat of their favorite cars and race across real world circuits and tracks carved from the streets of real world cities including London, Monaco and Moscow.

World of Speed introduces a new level of connected competition allowing players to team up and compete in an ever-expanding number of gameplay modes where completing team-based objectives determines the victor. Being the first to cross the finish line no longer guarantees your victory; it?s all about the Team! Players can also team up with friends and other players to form Clubs where they can customize their logos, earn access to a Club garage social hub, compete against other clubs, show off in the Airfield Playground and battle in high-stakes races in Territory Wars.

With Slightly Mad Studios behind the wheels World of Speed takes action-styled racing games into a new era by combining AAA HD graphics and visuals with the thrill and intensity of a massively multiplayer online competitive experience. In World of Speed you?ll be able to download the game, log in and compete in all levels of competition without ever spending a penny!

Designed as an evolving online experience, World of Speed will be supported with regular updates and the addition of new cars, tracks, gameplay modes and much more for years to come! Over the coming weeks and months we will reveal more about World of Speed including how you can sign up to participate in the beta so be sure to come back often to stay on top of the latest news and info.

Watching the trailer I thought this was another Grid but then I read the text.

I wonder what kind of team based objectives they have in mind. Because it sounds like a competitor to The Crew but since this isn't an open world game, SMS would be limited to what they can do with a team. Got me interested though..