Worst cars ever made

Cute..yes (sort of). But, I wouldn't want to have an accident in one. :blink:

Sure! because you will die in the most unpleasant way. Between all the metal and engine parts! But they did cover that tho! Thing barely reaches 100 mph! XD

Austere wrote: "Isn't that the one that was based on a twenty year old Opel design?[User Posted Image] I'd hazard to guess that any kind of long-term mechanical reliability would have more to do with the German design than the Korean manufacturing.

Also, reliability is only one of the things a person should expect from a car... I count on my own car to be reliable and it is... and it's three times older than your mothers Daewoo."

No ideea on the 20 year old opel design but i can tell you one thing: It is not made in Koreea! It is actually one of the first cars to get out of the factory here in Romania. So no Koreean manufacture... but romanian one..so it should suck even more. But it doesn't :blink:
And your car, the merc, duuudeeee! But tbh i would expect that from a MB that costs (when new) quite a lot of money and is made in Germany. Reliability is guaranteed :p
Whilst this fucking cheap car ( costs less than an Aygo and about the same as the dacia logan) made in this country that has/had no experience in making cars, well, having a reliable car from them is quite an impressive thing.

Dsemaj : I can say it's absolutely hideous. It terms of appearance, it appeals on no level, whatsoever.

Oooowh come ooon! :)

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/19/cielo.jpg

Atleast the wannabe agressive front? :)

ummm....no

Whilst this fucking cheap car ... made in this country that has/had no experience in making cars, well, having a reliable car from them is quite an impressive thing.
Not when you find out that it is indeed a twenty year old German design and that all the Romanians do is read the instructions and put the pieces together. Daewoo don't even really exist anymore anyway, do they? As far as I know (and this is sketchy at best) Daewoo was a Korean auto manufacturer that went out of business and now all their designs have been sold to GM or licenced out to be built in Uzbekistan and Romania.

Yeah, I'd like, fully choose one of those over a Honda, eh?:?

I'm happy that you have some sort of sense of pride in the fact that your country is making cars but I don't know how to finish this sentence without contradicting the first half of it.

NSU ... rotary

NSU_Ro_80.jpg

I bring you the NSU Ro 80. The car that gave Wankel engines their bad name (at least in Europe). It was notorious for needing an engine rebuilt every 50,000 km, after the rotary tips ate themselves. On other fronts this car was at least 15 years ahead of it's time. It had independant front McPherson strut suspension and independant rear suspension (in 1967 (MUST.. RESIST.. MUSTANG.. JOKE..)) and disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Other novelties include power steering and inboard mounted front discbrakes. The design was also far ahead of it's time, so far actually that 15 years later Audi almost completely reused it for the 3rd generation Audi 100.

Not when you find out that it is indeed a twenty year old German design and that all the Romanians do is read the instructions and put the pieces together. Daewoo don't even really exist anymore anyway, do they? As far as I know (and this is sketchy at best) Daewoo was a Korean auto manufacturer that went out of business and now all their designs have been sold to GM or licenced out to be built in Uzbekistan and Romania.

Yeah, I'd like, fully choose one of those over a Honda, eh?:?

I'm happy that you have some sort of sense of pride in the fact that your country is making cars but I don't know how to finish this sentence without contradicting the first half of it.

Ok i did go on wikipedia and it seems and i am sorry if somehow i denied u on that that it is inspired(actually EVERYTHING is inspired) from the Kadett E.
No they do not exist. Chevy bought them. matter a fact the lacetti is the child from daewoo and chevrolet. Yeah the korean auto part did go out of bussines and yeah the desings were sold to us for some years then to chevrolet.
No you would not choose it over a honda because Honda's not that they look cool they are very reliable. Now it would seem that i just contradicted myself but hang on! I just wanted to say it is reliable. not that we like :OWN WTF PWNED. Not at all.

Indeed Honda's are good reliable and most of all safe.

Sorry if i upset any of you but i didnt want to make a point just wanted to tell a thing.

I bring you the NSU Ro 80. The car that gave Wankel engines their bad name (at least in Europe). It was notorious for needing an engine rebuilt every 50,000 km, after the rotary tips ate themselves. On other fronts this car was at least 15 years ahead of it's time. It had independant front McPherson strut suspension and independant rear suspension (in 1967 (MUST.. RESIST.. MUSTANG.. JOKE..)) and disc brakes on all 4 wheels. Other novelties include power steering and inboard mounted front discbrakes. The design was also far ahead of it's time, so far actually that 15 years later Audi almost completely reused it for the 3rd generation Audi 100.

I've read a bit about that car. I've heard that shops now just shove Mazda rotaries in them if they don't use Ford V4's. I'd love to find one, sadly they can only be found on this side of the Atlantic if it was privately imported.

saying was: NSU, too much, too early.

geometro-before.jpg

I do beleive, this is the WORST car ever.

I mean, THINK ABOUT YOUR LIFE! YOUR KIDS! YOU COULD BE KILLED DRIVING THAT!

2005_Chevrolet_Cavalier_ext_1.jpg

Ahh the Chevrolet Cavalier. A car that WAS on par with the Japanese.....in terms of dullness. It's craptastic and inefficient engine had the power of a 1.8 engine and the economy of a 2.4. It was slow, badly made, ugly, cheap, and completely hopeless in terms of reliability. That god it's not being made anymore.

Ahh the Chevrolet Cavalier. A car that WAS on par with the Japanese.....in terms of dullness. It's craptastic and inefficient engine had the power of a 1.8 engine and the economy of a 2.4. It was slow, badly made, ugly, cheap, and completely hopeless in terms of reliability. That god it's not being made anymore.

That was a TERRIBLE car.

The Australian GM J Car - The Holden Camira
my parents had a Camira back in the eighties and they thought it was one of the worst cars they've ever owned
Chevrolet Cavalier
Chevrolet Cavalier.

I recall saying this before oh wait I did... :tease:

I think it's safe to say the entire J-body platform was a pile of crap.

Based on votes I think we may have a winner though.

I do beleive, this is the WORST car ever.

Geo Metro/Suzuki Swift.

I mean, THINK ABOUT YOUR LIFE! YOUR KIDS! YOU COULD BE KILLED DRIVING THAT!

While it's a rolling death trap, it's actually a Suzuki Swift. Order the right parts and it's an extremely cheap, yet fun to drive car.

2) VN Commodore - I was subjected to long trips in the back of one as a little kid with my grandfather. I remember the road noise was horrendous and the ride more like being in a boat than a car. I used to give me headaches.

No, no, no, no, no...:?: :p

I used to own a VN Berlina, and before that my parents used to own the Commodore - some old silver thing. I dont remember much about my parents car coz like you I was quite young but my Berlina was a nice car. It was a bit of a handful around the longer corners due to poor weight distribution (resulting in its eventual demise against a tree) and it didnt so much as sip the petrol as gulp it all down in one big mouthful, then demand more. The indicator stalks felt like they were going to snap, the plastics were quite nasty, and the air conditioner had a nasty habit of leaking water all over the footwell.

You're right. It was pretty rubbish...:p

But man they do a mean burnout!!!!! and get hold of a 5 litre V8 with a manual box and they would absolutely hammer!!!!! They weigh very very little.

Still a lot slower than my car around a race track though hehe

The Prius

For being overpriced
Expensive
and worse then the cheaper Echo

Oh yeah, it was horrid (Go back a few pages to read my short rant about the Cavalier that I own).

What I find interesting is its replacement, the Chevy Cobalt. I haven't had a chance to drive one yet, but several magazines say that "it is a big improvement from the Cavalier."

However, my dad rented a Cobalt on his business trip to Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. When he came back, I asked him about it and his reply was interesing.

"I don't know why people think it is any good. It is EXACTLY the same as your car (referring to my '99 Cavalier)! It's just another Cavalier! It was terrible."

He went on to rant about all the things that were wrong with it (He pretty much described my car). So, according to him, the Cobalt is just another Cavalier, only better looking.

Not too sure about worst car (I can think of too many), but I can name some disappointing cars.

1) Bentley Continental GT (Rubbish VW interior, doesn't feel like a proper Bentley. Get the flying spur instead)

2) Lamborghini Diablo Roadster (Hard to park, looks rubbish in person, image problems)

3) BMW 7 series (iDrive is poorly designed, uncomfortable ride for a luxury sedan)

He went on to rant about all the things that were wrong with it (He pretty much described my car). So, according to him, the Cobalt is just another Cavalier, only better looking.

Everyone I've ever talked to (except Cobalt SS owners) that have been in both, say the Cobalt is the Cavaliers equal in every way.

I think it kinda-sorta looks better. In the same way Elephant Man looks better than Rosie O'Donnel.

I owned the Pontiac version of that, a 2004 Sunfire. It was...bad. Cheaply made. I paid very little for it, and it was built to a price. The only redeeming value on that car was that it, besides the financial benefits, was that the engine and transmission was good. Both were solid reliable units (2.2 liter ECOtec and a Getrag five speed manual), and never once did I have an issue with it for the 33,000 miles I drove it. The gearing was perfect for the engine, and the torque "curve" was, like virtually all GM engines, as flat as Illinois.