Would you like the BBC to air the last 3 episodes of Top Gear?

Would you like the BBC to air the last 3 episodes of Top Gear?

• Yes, with a different replacement host for each episode.

Votes: 31 45.6%
  • Yes, with one replacement host for each episode.

Votes: 24 35.3%
  • No.

Votes: 13 19.1%

• Total voters

Mr. Nice

Would you like the last three episodes of Top Gear to be aired?

Yes but I don't care how its done. With Clarkson, with someone else or just Hamster or Slow.

How about adding:
"Yes, with Jeremy Clarkson at the helm or not at all" or "Yes, with only James and Richard", or "Yes, but without the studio or the audience - just the filmed segments"

I'd choose the latter if that was an option.

In reply to PaddyFancy: For me, Hammond and May are like the bass and rhythm. The show has a feel like it wouldn't work without a lead, so I didn't include the option of only Hammond and/or May in the poll. If a moderator would like to add that in, I'd be fine with that.

In reply to DAiNiUS: No, just no.

Last edited:
Yes but no replacement. Just May, Hammond and Stig with Hammond starting "The orangutan is finally suspended ...", then May "The infantile pillock, Anyway the new Golf GTI ..."

Yes, but I guess BBC is trying to "erase" Jeremy as well so they won't be happy showing film with him in it either.

On the plus side there wouldn't have to be "celebrity plugs their stuff for 20 minutes" for these episodes. Here's an idea, Hammond and May could each lap the track in the Astra / Liana and interview each other!!

from what i've seen in old top gear andy wilman could fill in for clarkson, no problem at all and a few episodes down the line people will need to be reminded that some dude named clarkson used to host the show. people are that stupid these days.

No. Not unless Jezza is the host.

918 vs. LaFerrari vs. P1. All we need in one show and it may as well be their swansong.

YES, and keep Clarkson.

(Well, they could get a new one from "Clarkson Island" I suppose....)

Last edited:
The episodes should definitely be shown. Too much work went into their making and it's unfair to all involved to keep them buried under a rock. I'd prefer they be shown with just Richard and James presenting, but with the choices offered, one guest presenter for these episodes only would be okay.

Bring back Jason Dawe !

No seriously, show the last episodes with or without a replacement host.

Top Gear in the old days got on well before Jeremy joined, and Hammond and May have made a few DVD specials on their own without Jeremy.

I want them to air them as if this tempest in a teapot never happened.
There was no need for them to pull the last 3 episodes, they could have had their "investigation" after the series ended.

I want them to air them as if this tempest in a teapot never happened.
There was no need for them to pull the last 3 episodes, they could have had their "investigation" after the series ended.

That ruins the point of a workplace investigation. If someone is posing a danger to work colleages you don't keep them on just so he can finish whatever they have to do.

Top Gear season 9, when the show got super popular, was it always intended to air when it did despite Hammond's accident?