Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

• Total voters
flyingfridge said:
And just to tie up your Holden engine fact watto, the Saab and Alfa engines ARE the Alloytec, they're just lower capacity versions with different heads and a turbo for the Saab.

Thanks mate. I knew it was something like that but didn't want to present people with incorrect facts ;)

ClarksonIsFat said:
flyingfridge, you're right in that these types of threads generally accomplish nothing. You're wrong that the Americans think the Z06 is the greatest car in the world and nothing can touch it.

Sorry dude either you read my post a little wrong or i wrote it a little confusingly, I'm not generalising about Americans, it's obvious that many have good taste. BeserkerCatSplat drives a GTO, and our mate vo0do0 drives a Z4 so there are wise people there. i'm talking about Fanboys in general no matter what their creed is.

The bright side is, they seem to have shut up.

For the record, I can't say that the people defending the Z06 are doing a great job either. You keep asking people to provide examples of 500hp cars with better mileage or such things. How 'bout strengthening your own position by providing some examples of cars the Vette is usually compared with which it beats in the catagories you are arguing about?

Just because your opponent is an asshat doesn't mean you can be lazy.

And youngwarrior, breakfast and builders excuses only work so long as reasons not to support your facts. After a time you just seem like you have nothing to support your reasons and are just beeing an ass (though I think the general consensus of the thread is that we started believing that a while ago). I'm sure the builders won't mind if you sit down and type for a few minutes.

youngwarrior said:
1. americans idea of luxury is a BMW 3 series. Its not.

3. A shifter what? Race a Z06 against a FQ340 on a B-road and the evo will smash it.

4. Because I have builders round my house Im only going to make quick replies

5. You already dismiss anything I say before Ive even posted my numerous facts. Well done you live up to your stereotype. Your always right. :roll:

1. I love how you seem to know exactly what all Americans think, no matter what the subject. Apparently, you think a Z4M is a luxury vehicle - a statement that really decries your idea of a "luxury" car.

2. What happened to 2?Oh, well, I'll bring back one of your previous comments instead:
Its not as fast as the 'ring time would suggest.
:lmao: So, let me get this straight - it's fast around a racetrack, faster than many supercars around that same track, and yet that doesn't mean it's "fast?" Are you kidding me? Ahahahaha! What deluded reality do you live in?

3. Is that so. Do you have any possible way of backing that statement up? Wait, no. You can't, because you're probably not old enough to drive and you spend your time spouting off on message boards about topics you obviously know jack shit about.

4. Incorrect - you have posted exactly zero facts. Your so-called "facts" are what the rest of the world calls "opinions," or sometimes "outright lunacy." All you have said, really is that the Z06 is "unreliable" (with no stats to back it up), has "poor fuel economy" (in the face of the numbers posted, which outright decry that notion), and has a "poor interior" (Also an opinion, since you can't really compare interiors ona quantitative basis.)

Your posts used to annoy me, but now I've come to the conclusion that you know so very little about the subject you're debating, it's rather pathetic. But please, carry on as you were. I find it rather bemusing.

Don't bother, Beserker, it's like trying to convince a Buddhist monk to firebomb an orphange. If youngwarrior and MadCow are such blithering fucktards and hate American cars with the sort of passion that would sell a million Celine Dion albums, then there's no way of convincing them that they're laughably incorrect.

Like I said, if you're deriding the Corvette Z06 because of its interior, its fuel economy, and its luxury trimmings, then you're too afraid to admit that it is a world-class sports car. I don't lust after 911s over F430s because of the quality of the buttons on the dashboard, so why are you two whining about it?

Id pick the 360 over the Z06 , theres nothing wrong with the Z06 but theres just something about the Ferrari that clinches it for me

I don't see why this should be locked. It's discussing the Car vs Car. It's better being in here than clogging up the episode discussion and causing that to be locked.

My opinion before the lock:

Neither. For that kind of money I'd take something else.....

jeffy777 said:
My opinion before the lock:

Neither. For that kind of money I'd take something else.....
id get a 996 gt3. i like the z06, was never to fond of the 360 but id still take porsche engineering over those two

If the ferrari cost the same as the Z06, cost the same to maintain, insure etc then I can understand why some folks would prefer it, but given the massive price differences and that you'd be buying a used car over a fresh new one, and the indisputable facts n figures about the peformance of both cars if you still want the Ferrari it's because it's an Italian Supercar and you prefer the badge which makes it cooler than a bit of Detroit Iron (ignoring that they're not made in Detroit or out of iron :p ).

I understand that.

Also hands up how many people on here can afford the Ferrari not many I'm guessing, OK how many people can afford the Z06? I'm still guessing that there's not many, so this argument is a bit silly.

I've always been a Corvette fan boy ever since I saw a C3 I make no excuses for that, I'm 32 years old, I've worked my ass of since I left school and am finally making reasonable money, enough to buy a new Corvette, I'm also a die-hard petrol head, for the money I could afford there is no other car available that can get round the TG track in 1:22 there just isn't otherwise it be on the list (ignoring dafty go-karts like the Atom or Ultima that I probably couldn't fit in anyway).

Now if I had ?160K to spend on a car I'd probably still buy the Vette and spend the ?100K change on petrol and take it out on the track.

Matthew

I'll go with the Z06. Much cheaper to maintain. Mess up a fender on a Ferrari and a new one has to be formed, mess up a fender on a chevy, call up the dealer, it'll be there in 2 days.

If I look at it from the perspective of "I've got plenty of money," then I'd probably drive both, and see what I liked.

Last point... I don't buy new cars, I hate the depreciation, though on a Z06 it'll probably hold value for a year or 2. I'd probably end up modding the crap out of a few late 70's to early 90's cars rather than dumping $60k+ on 1 car thats identical to all the others. A 350-400hp 91 RX-7 would be a nice car, with a dated interior.

flyingfridge said:
ClarksonIsFat said:
flyingfridge, you're right in that these types of threads generally accomplish nothing. You're wrong that the Americans think the Z06 is the greatest car in the world and nothing can touch it.

Sorry dude either you read my post a little wrong or i wrote it a little confusingly, I'm not generalising about Americans, it's obvious that many have good taste. BeserkerCatSplat drives a GTO, and our mate vo0do0 drives a Z4 so there are wise people there. i'm talking about Fanboys in general no matter what their creed is.

The bright side is, they seem to have shut up.

Looking back, it appears I read your post a little wrong. My apologies for the confusion.

BerserkerCatSplat said:
Your so-called "facts" are what the rest of the world calls "opinions," or sometimes "outright lunacy."
:lol:

^I suppose you could convince the monk to burn himself, then shove him into the orphanage, but that wouldn't really work as well as bombing.

And shoving monks is generally in poor taste.

I'm torn in my decision. It really depends if I am deciding with my head or my heart.

My heart goes for the Ferrari in an instant. It is the better looking, cooler and better driving of the two, but I know from people who own Ferrari's that they are the best cars in the world...until something breaks, which if you drive it hard is sooner rather then later.

You take it into the dealership and are astounded my how many zeros are on the end of the bill....and that is just for a broken windscreen wiper, let alone something serious like an engine part or gear box. :p

If it was my limited money the 'vette would certainly appeal to me as, whilst it is the worse of the two options, you seem to get some mind blowing performance and I have a feeling that if something breaks it will be far cheaper and easier to repair with mass produced and stocked parts. Although thinking about this certainly may not be the case in Australia, where Corvettes are ultra rare, in fact I only know one person who has one and that is a fully restored classic.

There is absolutely no denying (IMHO) the beauty and exlusivity of a Ferrari. I mean for one, everyone and their grandmother owns a Vette here. But while I can appreciate and desire beauty on some level, I then come back to earth and given a choice for a fast, sports car (talked about price range) I would pick the Z06 for the same reason I bought a Jeep instead of a Range Rover - I actually use it. May not be as flashy, stylish or luxorius but boy does it kick ass. Ultimately it is about driving experience and tickle-the-balls factor. Some people like to look at cars some like to put the foot down.

I somewhat agree on the interior quality of our domestic cars but to be perfectly honest, I've seen much worse. And to euro fan boys, I've been to Europe, I've seen what you drive, trust me it ain't all peaches. I sat in a 911, wasn't thrilled or disgusted but I definitely did not go WOW! Sat in a AM DB9 and I almost shit myself. Go figure.

As far as that big, uneconomical, unreliable, and plain stupid 7L engine - there's just something about the sound and feel of a big, American V8. I'm sorry but the usual "supercar" sound just doesn't do it for me. I accept that it is uber cool to others and that's just as well. As for me, there's no replacement for displacement. Yes we American's generally love big engines, probably for the same reason some people love collecting stamps. Either is pointless to many, many people.

^^ Now that is a good honest post, unlike most of the other Z06 fanboy comments. And the Z06 relevations will be upped soon, just got to get sources together. Its half done although i might just scrap it and make it short and sweet as its starting to turn into a essay.

^^ You, are a fuckwit