Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

Would you rather have a new Z06 or a second hand Ferrari 360

• Total voters
The Corvette ZO6 sure is a fine car but in the end still is a GM. The car from a company that once gave the world, the horrible Corvair, the craptastic Vega, the horrible Chevette and now decided to sell crappy Daewoos under the Chevy badge. Which incidentally the Corvette also carries a Chevrolet badge.

A Ferrari IS a Ferrari. It is made to bring a smile to the world. While the Corvette only brings a smile to owner's face. Ferrari may be owned by Fiat, but, you will never see a Fiat part bin on a Ferrari. While on the Corvette, you will see the door handles and the radio are exactly the same as you find out on the bread and butter Impala.

You simply cannot beat a Ferrari badge. Besides, in the end, the Ferrari engineering always will prove to be more superior than the others. Ferrari (Porsche and Lamborghini for that matter) are the standard where all the other sportscars are judged.

Speaking lambo's, what sort of lambo could you get for 60K pounds, cause that's the car I'd have.

Kowalski said:
The Corvette ZO6 sure is a fine car but in the end still is a GM. The car from a company that once gave the world, the horrible Corvair, the craptastic Vega, the horrible Chevette and now decided to sell crappy Daewoos under the Chevy badge. Which incidentally the Corvette also carries a Chevrolet badge.
In fact, that's actually what I love about the Corvette. The company that gave us the Corvair (hey, those are cool, screw Ralph Nader!), the Vega, the Chevette and crappy Daewoos, can actually build a sports car that can compete with Ferraris and Lamborghinis with a straight face? Everybody expects a Ferrari to be incredible and mindblowingly awesome, and they are. But nobody can see a blue-blooded American, sold across the room from Impalas and rental Malibus, to actually compete in that heated class.

Look at the debate the Corvette has gotten, both in this and the Top Gear thread! As jayhawk said in there, like it or not the Corvette has captured our attention like no other car on this forum, and there's nothing we can do about it.

If I was in a Z06 it would make my day that there are folks who've paid nearly 3 times as much for there car in order to match the performance!

There's nothing elitist or exclusive about it, you don't need to be a millionare to afford one, I like that, it's nice that there's a car out there for use regular people to aspire to.

Never understood why some folks hate it with such vengeance.

Kowalski said:

Every car manufacturer has made crap boxes here and there, some time throughout the years.

youngwarrior said:
flyingfridge said:
^^ You, are a fuckwit

Poor boy cant handle the fact that cars with 120hp less, or with two extra doors can beat your precious Z06 :mrgreen:
And you, sir, can't accept the fact that a mere Chevrolet is competing at the same level as Ferrari and Porsche.

Mate porsche utterly outshines ferrari on the racetrack for nearly half the price, I dont even like ferrari's since shumachers been in one. And porsches utterly outshine the Z06 with much less power too.

youngwarrior said:
Mate porsche utterly outshines ferrari on the racetrack for nearly half the price, I dont even like ferrari's since shumachers been in one. And porsches utterly outshine the Z06 with much less power too.
Where's your source? Or are you pulling your opinions out of your ass again and passing them off as fact?

Ok I was gonna do a separate thread to shutup the Z06 fanboys but I will just post some of it now.

Nurburgring Lap Times said:
6'55 - Radical SR8 ? 2005
7'14 - Donkervoort D8 270 RS - 2005
7'15 - Edo Porsche 996 GT2 RS - 2005
7'18 - Donkervoort D8 RS - 2004
7'19 - Radical SR3 1500 Turbo - 2003
7'28 - Porsche Carrera GT - 2004
7'33 - Pagani Zonda F - 2005
7'34 - Koenigsegg CCR - 2005
7'40 - Mercedes Benz SLR McLaren - 2004
7'40 - Porsche 911 turbo (997) - 2006
7:40 - Porsche GT3 RS (996)

7'42 - Ford GT - 2005
7'42 - Mosler MT900S Photon - 2004
7'42 - Radical 1500 SR3 ? 2003
7'42.9 - Corvette Z06 - 2005
7'43 - Porsche 996 GT3 RS - 2005

7'43 - Lamborghini Murcielago ? 2002
7'44 - Pagani Zonda C12 S - 2002
7'45 - McLaren F1 ? (the lap time is taken from a video available at pistonheads driven by the cars owner, not a proper factory driver).
7'46 - Jaguar XJ220 - 2000
7'46 - Porsche 996 GT2 - 2001
7'47 - Porsche 997 GT3
7'49 - BMW X5 LeMans -
7'49 - Porsche 996 GT3 Cup - 1999
7'50 - BMW M3 CSL E46 - 2003
7'50 - Westfield Megabusa - 1999
7'52 - Ford GT - 2006
7'52 - BMW M5 E60 ? date of test unkown (car was delimited).
7'52 - Lamborghini Gallardo ? 2003
7'54 - Mercedes CLK DTM AMG - 2005
7'55 - Caterham R500 Superlight - 2000
7'56 - Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale - 2004
7'56 - Porsche 996 Turbo - 2000
7'56 - Chevrolet Corvette Z05 C5 ? 2003
7'56.- Honda NSX-R - 2002
7'58 - Audi RS4 4.2 V8 FSI - 2005
7'59 - Chevrolet C6 Z51 ? 2005

Ive underlined the times of interest. As you can see the 996 GT3 beats the Z06 round the 'ring whilst having 120hp less. Also the 997TT beats it aswell, and it has alot more to give the magazine test driver claims, as it wasnt done in the best of conditions. The 997 GT3 time was done during the development of the car by porsche. They say the final version will be 8 secs faster than that. Thats a time of 7'39 and we havent even seen what the 997 GT3 RS can do. then look at the BMW M3 CSL time of 7'50, again 120 hp less over half the displacement and started life as a 4 door saloon and only 7 secs slower than the Z06.

Look at the standard C6 time. Its beaten by a 1700kg Audi RS4, again a car that started off life as a humble family car and has only got 14 extra horse but a higher centre of gravity and more weight. The RS4 time was also done in the winter unlike the vette times which were done in the heat of summer. Also the NSX-R beats it with a whopping 70 less horses.

Also lets not forget the M3CSL and audi RS4 are both electronically limited to 155MPH!

Then theres this about the ZO6 time. Feast your eyes on this.

http://img214.imageshack.**/img214/419/propaganda6jt.png

All the other cars did theyre lap times whilst the public was on the track at the same time! GM had the track all to themselves!

GM also had a ex F1 driver piloting theyre car, so no excuses of him being a slow driver, infact he knows the nurburgring like the back of his hand.

Also the Z06 wasnt stock. All other cars did theyre lap times whilst stock

So taking this into account the Z06 would have been atleast 8 secs slower than the lap time it posted, if they hadnt changed suspension settings, tyres and most importantly, whilst the public was on the track at the same time!

Then also look at the time difference between the Z06 and standard C6. Are you really going to still say the Z06 can be used everyday? The Z06 is tuned for nothing other than the track, and because it does use such dated technology and doesnt have any special gadgets the only way GM got it to go that fast was through setting it up aggressively for the track, unlike M5 and E63's which use loads of technology to make theyre cars handle well and still ride decently.

So what have you Z06 dickriders have to say now? Even Z06 dedicated forums admitted defeat when presented with this info :mrgreen: :thumbsup: ZEE OH SIKS POWAH!!!!!!!!! :lol:

youngwarrior said:
So what have you Z06 dickriders have to say now? Even Z06 dedicated forums admitted defeat when presented with this info :mrgreen: :thumbsup: ZEE OH SIKS POWAH!!!!!!!!! :lol:
OMG THE Z06 IS SLIGHTLY SLOWER THAN A 911 TURBO THAT MEANS ITS A CRAP CAR AND IS T3H SHITE LOLOL

You're pathetic.

Nobody here defending the Z06 said that it was the fastest car to lap the 'Ring or anything else. But if you're saying that the Z06 is crap becuase it's slightly slower than a $120,000 Turbo (when it's released), then that just reeks of desperation.

I've said this at least three times in here, but you still haven't gotten it. Like it or not, the Z06 is still a world-class sports car. You don't have to like the car, but it's gotten your attention and there's nothing you can do about that.

Then again, who's to argue with 14-year old fanboys who say the Z06 rides harshly even though they've never even seen one in the flesh?

Are you retarded? A 996 GT3 beats the Z06 aswell and if GM timed theyre car with similiar variables to everyone else it would have been about 8 secs slower, magazines predict which would have put it a second behind the M3 CSL.

I heard of selective hearing...But selective reading, thats a new one to me. :lol:

We're not arguing that Z06>GT3. We're not saying that the GT3 sucks, either. We're saying that Z06 is a GREAT CAR when compared with the field in general. Unlike Highlander, there can be more than one great sports car. The Z06 can stand on its own merits. Feel free to play top trumps with Nurburgring numbers all day long, but in the end, the Z06 is ... screw it, this argument isn't worth continuing.

Labcoatguy said:
We're not arguing that Z06>GT3. We're not saying that the GT3 sucks, either. We're saying that Z06 is a GREAT CAR when compared with the field in general. Unlike Highlander, there can be more than one great sports car. The Z06 can stand on its own merits. Feel free to play top trumps with Nurburgring numbers all day long, but in the end, the Z06 is ... screw it, this argument isn't worth continuing.

What you were saying, and about to say I agree with. That post wasnt aimed at you at all, just certain individuals. I also agree that its a good car, but I cant stand the people who put down most of the other cars on sale today because it posted a slower time that the Z06.

youngwarrior said:
I cant stand the people who put down most of the other cars on sale today because it posted a slower time that the Z06.
Gee, doesn't that sound familiar? Weren't you just putting down the Z06 because it was slower than the GT3?

I like all kinds of cars, especially Porsches (I desperately want a 997 Turbo). That doesn't mean I outright hate the Z06, which is why I'm amused at your passionate loathing of the Z06.

This argument is wearing out everybody on this forum. Let's actually :dancinglock: this bitch.

No I became to loathe the Z06 because of your previous fanboyish comments but you have now changed your tune after what I posted. You called me names and generally disrespected me for disagreeing.

Ive always said from the start that the Z06 is a great/fast car.

youngwarrior said:
No I became to loathe the Z06 because of your previous fanboyish comments but you have now changed your tune after what I posted. You called me names and generally disrespected me for disagreeing.
I got a bit carried away there, my apologies. :) Probably because your earlier comments were a bit silly, but it's ok now.