WRC - Officially Announced

This was my first rally game:
[YOUTUBE]iy_oGjeNCig[/YOUTUBE]

Aww that brings back some great memories, thanks. :D

I still have that game somewhere. Actually...

rC3KF.jpg

?24.99, bargain.

Oh God please have Ouninpohja please please please

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwESiu0pCGo&feature=player_embedded[/youtube]

Looks like they're going to have real stages.

I really hope they don't screw this up.

man, i recently installed richard burns rally and was reminded just how a rally sim is supposed to feel compared to DiRT 2. DiRT 2 is a great game, great for pickup and play fun w/ great graphics. Hopefully this WRC game is good, but I thought the screamer games were garbage, and this is by the same devs...

honestly, from what I've seen and read about SBK X with how much thought is going into it, this WRC game might not be perfect, or even great the first go round... but these guys are dedicated to MAKING it right, and giving racing fans what they really want.

The amount of changes going into SBK X is just off the charts...with motorcycle sim fans flocking in droves away from the moto gp franchise (Of which 09/10 looks disastrous) towards SBK.

I think even if this first WRC game is crap, with enough user feedback, the 2nd or 3rd one will be vastly more improved.

i like your way of looking at it motogpboy, thats same sort of attitude im having towards Codemasters first attempt at an F1 game. going to be great having WRC and F1 games back this year.

E3: First images and making-of for WRC said:
Milestone finally shows us more about WRC, its upcoming rallye game based on the official world championship license, with 6 images and a making-of video.

image_wrc-13171-1978_0001.jpg

image_wrc-13171-1978_0002.jpg

image_wrc-13171-1978_0003.jpg

image_wrc-13171-1978_0004.jpg

image_wrc-13171-1978_0005.jpg

image_wrc-13171-1978_0006.jpg

Last edited:
[video=youtube;If-6k5cdXSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-6k5cdXSQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]

:|

been reading some more previews about the game it seems the full real life stages is not happening, and they are taking some artistic liberties with the stages, like rally Mexico going through Aztec ruins.

Shit, I really was expecting more from this...

mellow.gif
does sum it up really.

Was someone really expecting anything than complete rubbish with official WRC license? Anything near RBR in terms of realism will never sell, especially on consoles where gamepads are the norm. That clip makes the Dirt series look good.

After what we've all just seen from GT5, this suddenly seems a bit...well...meh.

the two even seem quite equal on damage. you'd think a game with not that many cars could have better damage than a game with 1000 cars (although only 200 will have damage)

[video=youtube;If-6k5cdXSQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If-6k5cdXSQ&feature=player_embedded[/video]
:|

This is some serious shit. Literally. You hit a safety net and it acts as if it is made out of stone... Handling seems equally unimpressive. I hope they don't sell a single copy.

Has there been a good rally game since Richard Burns Rally?