WTCC 2014

TC

aka TomCat
First weekend of WTCC at Morocco. It was a pretty good race, but this whole thing with Citroen seems shady. I wonder if they would dare do any performance "balancing" since the Citroens are obviously going to walk away with it unchallenged.

And that penalty on Bennani was nonsense.

They still have success ballast in WTCC, don't they? So they are going to weight the Citro?ns down few races down the line, but I doubt it's going to have a big effect. Honda is a major disappointment, they really should be stronger than they are but they were nowhere in Marrakech. Hopefully it was just a track that suited the French cars, but I'm not overly hopeful. We'll see. All the power to Citro?n, though. They have done an amazing job, and they have an all-star driver lineup. And Lopez was sensational, which is going to make the internal rivalry within the team rather interesting (remember Huff vs. Muller at Chevy?).

And yes, Bennani's drive through was just ridiculous. He was minding his own business and Coronel simply drove into him.

All the power to Citro?n, though. They have done an amazing job, and they have an all-star driver lineup. And Lopez was sensational, which is going to make the internal rivalry within the team rather interesting (remember Huff vs. Muller at Chevy?).

Yeah, they did, but if what the announcers I was listening to are right, then Citroen basically built the car they wanted, ignoring WTCC regulations, and once it was finished they presented it to the FIA who approved it and expanded the regulations to allow it to race. It seems like all the other teams barely had time to retrofit their obsolete cars to keep racing. Little wonder they're all losing so badly to the purpose built Citroens.

I would love to see some inter-team rivalries, but it doesn't seem like any of the Citroen drivers were permitted to race each other. They just played follow-the-leader after turn 1.

WTCC is a joke if you compare it to BTCC this year.
I know its a transitional year, but with Citroen kicking everyones ass and with no balast/boost control method as of this moment, this is going to be an even bigger borefest then Chevy domination in the last years.