Smurfen

Car(s)
06' BMW 118D E87
So the new xblox is revealed!

[video=youtube;KbWgUO-Rqcw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw[/video]

proper reveal, starts at 39:26: http://www.twitch.tv/homer2320776/b/406434686

Info so far: 22.05.13

Announcements so far
The Xbox One will be released later this year (No official date has been given)
Microsoft will announce more at E3 with their primary focus on the games this system has to offer.
Halo Live Action TV Series Announced (Directed by Steven Spielberg)

Hardware
Xbox One Screenshot Album
The new controller will have force feedback triggers.
8 core x86 processor
Native 64 bit architecture
8GB of RAM
500GB of hard drive space
Wi-Fi Direct
1080p HD RGB camera
USB 3.0
Time of Flight (TOF) Technology
Microphone Arrays
Blu-ray Drive
Kinect 2.0
Interactive TV

Features
The Xbox One will have 2 different Operating Systems. The gaming OS will fuse together with a custom build Windows OS to allow you to switch between tasks with no performance loss.
Skype integrated with the console
Drop in and drop play will allow you pause the game, and continue it at the exact moment at any given time. (even if you're accessing it on another console)
Your games stay in sync with the world. (Ex: Your character stats in Sports games will automatically be updated in conjunction with what happens in the real world)
You can start playing immediately as games install, and updates install seamlessly in the background.
Advanced artificial intelligence will be able to learn how you play, and let your friends play against your AI when you're not around.
You will be able to switch between Music, Videos, Apps, OS, and Games near instantaneously.
300,000 + servers with Cloud Storage as a main focus.
HDMI Pass-Thru technology will allow you to watch TV straight through your Xbox.
Achievements are carried over.
Exclusive Partnership with EA.
Partnership with the NFL.
Partnership with Activision for exclusive early DLC for Call of Duty.
Your Xbox will be able to find you personalized matches while you're doing other things on your console.
They will be updating your friends list from 100 to 1000: Source

Games
Forza Motorsport 5
Quantum Break: (New game from the creators of Alan Wake)
Call of Duty Ghosts confirmed for next gen
The EA Sports Franchise will be using a brand new engine
15 new exclusives will be released in the first year (8 of which are new IPs)

Last edited:
Yeah, and I'd rather stick with a HTPC. And for people who don't want to or can't build/use one, a regular settopbox is probably what they want. Only if you are the latter and want to play games, then you might need it. All that only applies if you like motion-, voice- and smartphone-controling your console/tv.

Unless they bring some really good exclusive titles, I don't see how this thing is worth the probably high pricetag.

All round pretty disappointing. If I want a set top box I will get an Apple TV.

I am kind of on the fence about buying a next gen console, and after this, Microsoft have certainly not brought me closer to deciding to go with a Xbox.

So far the PS4 has played it's cards well, but it is still not bringing something truly exiting to the table.

Both the X1 and PS4 aren't going to take nearly the leap the previous gen did over their predecessors which I guess is expected but also boring.

I should go for a gaming PC, but I prefer playing in the living room, and a big stationary PC would be banned to the work room by the better half...

Maybe Valve's upcoming Steam box will be for me?

Well looking at the likely gpu-power those new consoles put out, you can just get a nice htpc with the same power.

- ITX case
- 1156 ITX-base
- Ivy bridge i3/i5
- 16GB RAM
- 2,5" SSD
- Short-PCB GPU ala GTX 6xx or HD79xx

Will clock in around the same as the new Xbox probably or a bit more, with the GPU being the main factor there.

But the games will be specifically designed for the X1 hardware so it will peform better, with better graphics. Still agree completely tho, its not as powerful as it could have been and the X1 hardware be be outdated in no time, just like it happened with the 360.

Don't be too worried about it. They're revealing the games at E3

It looks good so far, yeah the specs look average if you are a member of the glorious PC master race, but the 360 has a 512MB RAM clocked at 700 Mhz and devs are still able to squeeze solid performance from it. So, I'm sure the games will look amazing on the xbox one. The only problem is that I assume all of those cool TV features will be available in the US with rest of the world left in the dark.

Last edited:
Sorry but nothing on the old consoles looks remotely to whats *easily* possible on fairly current gen PCs. And I wont even start with multiplayer-limitations (which will fall with the X1, I know).

Sorry but nothing on the old consoles looks remotely to whats *easily* possible on fairly current gen PCs. And I wont even start with multiplayer-limitations (which will fall with the X1, I know).

We get it. You don't like consoles.

Not the current ones, no. The PS4 has some nice things, not sure about the X1, but I totally don't like where the relation of PC-performance and console performance went in the past decade.

A massive (10 MB) GIF that sums up my feelings.

http://i.minus.com/iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

Microsoft is dropping the ball on this.

-System must connect to the internet at least once a day to remain working. (According to MS VP)
-Kinect must be used or the system will not work. And it's always on, even when the system is off.
-Games are tied to accounts and used games are killed.
-Not Backward Compatible.
-Indy devs cannot self-publish, same as Xbox 360. (Sony will allow it on PS4)
-MS has a patent for Kinect to monitor how many people are in a room and determine if any and charge for movies/video per-person or take "remedial action" if the number of people exceeds the view license.

Anyone fancy working on porting Forza to PC? Nobody?

Bugger. Guess I'm stuck with the Xbox then, best make the most of it.

I am curious if there is any possibility of hacking PS4 or Xbox One games to run on a generic PC, since they could theoretically run on the hardware.

I am curious if there is any possibility of hacking PS4 or Xbox One games to run on a generic PC, since they could theoretically run on the hardware.

I'd say judging by the fact that this new Xbox has a third operating system to allow the gaming OS and Windows kernel to co-operate that the answer is no, sadly.

People were trying that with original Xbox games 10 years ago. There still isn't a reliable way to do it.

Let's hope they use better quality hardware than the 360, otherwise it'll be the Xbox One Replacement Every Few Months.

People were trying that with original Xbox games 10 years ago. There still isn't a reliable way to do it.

Well, there is emulation, but that requires a PC not less than 10 times as powerful as the original system.

This isn't looking good for Xbox gamers (both casual and hardcore) because it's focusing way more on being a fancy TV remote. More gamers will buy a PS4, but the One will still sell pretty well considering it's non-gaming features will appeal to many people.

Digital Foundry

PS4 more powerful. :p ;)

And the PS3 is more powerful than the 360, but that didn't matter when it game to sales. It's up to developers to utilize the power, not the console maker.

I'm reserving judgement on the XBox One until E3. They said a while back they would be holding off on the software side until E3. No one should be surprised by the lack of software in the first demo.

I know a lot of people don't like what they saw. Microsoft said in 2000 their long term plan was to have an all in one home entertainment box. They never deviated from that plan. This is the near final product of that plan.