You know you watch too much motorsport when...

Every time you do an overtake you hear Murray Walker shouting enthusiastically.

Actually that's not true. I hear an excited Japanese man.

Sidoh-by-sidoh! Ahhhhhh!!!

Last edited:
When the Policeman that pulled you over was named Alonso and you know he only stopped you because you refused to move over for him when he was behind you

{ at the token collegiate watering hole }

Self: "Hahaha, duuuude, that's 'The Chain.'"

Person with you: "The what?!"

{ feelings of "haysoos, you nerd--why'd you go and open your mouth again?" }

- when before taking off to work, you first do a warm up lap around the block

- or when you call these "chicanes" :D
MOB7202F02

You make mental pace notes for your favourite country road, and then try to teach them to a very very confused / annoyed friend, and get them to call them out to you while you're driving on it. It didn't work, though, they flat-out refused to do it and are no fun, really. Darn. :-(

Last edited:
When you end up watching "The Bachelorette" finale for some reason unbeknownst to all of the universe and end up comparing the two dudes to F1 drivers (Alonso the eyebrowy cock and Guy Who Sorta Looks Like Button From Far Away on a Tiny Screen, respectively).

You make mental pace notes for your favourite country road, and then try to teach them to a very very confused / annoyed friend, and get them to call them out to you while you're driving on it. It didn't work, though, they flat-out refused to do it and are no fun, really. Darn. :-(

Why hello there :wicked: :p

When you are driving along, cutting the lanes trying to go the straightest line and trying to hug the "apex" of each turn/curve as tightly as possible.

I know, I do that whenever I got the chance :(

When you are driving along, cutting the lanes trying to go the straightest line and trying to hug the "apex" of each turn/curve as tightly as possible.

I know, I do that whenever I got the chance :(
Been there... the GPS told me I saved some hundreds of meters doing this, although this was in a 100 km trip xD

Back to topic:
When you're sitting on a corner caf? and look at people driving and thinking "he's going on the throttle too late", "he's in the wrong gear"

You go around the office going verdatdum rumm rumm, whilst stationary; brumm, brumm, rrrrummmmm as you get up to speed, and round corners making a squeel, and screech noise when breaking. Er, next stop the 'funny farm' for me then!

Been there... the GPS told me I saved some hundreds of meters doing this, although this was in a 100 km trip xD

And my friend who was riding beside told me "hey no dammit ! you're going too wide, all 3 lanes, you are using more road and more distance ! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Bajeezus christ.

When you write a couple of pages on ground effect in an english exam!

And my friend who was riding beside told me "hey no dammit ! you're going too wide, all 3 lanes, you are using more road and more distance ! RAWRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Bajeezus christ.

It's easy to convince him... just draw a road with some bends on a piece of paper, then give your friend a string and let him mark his "path" sticking to his lane, and then you do your racing line with your string... then you compare them and see the racing line is way shorter and he'll have to shut up