You know you're a car nut when....

For me it's gotten to the point where I just interject it mid sentence and then continue without missing a beat.

"So the other day I was Porsche 911 GT3 walking down to the store and..."

Same here mate, same here.

Friends get very irritated.. :p

real men don't read manuals!

:lol: Yah, I know it sounds a bit boring, and its probably funner to discover features out of the blue, but I think it's good to know all about the car.

For me it's gotten to the point where I just interject it mid sentence and then continue without missing a beat.

"So the other day I was Porsche 911 GT3 walking down to the store and..."

:rofl::rofl:

Whenever you manage to cause imminent boredom even in a crowd of people relatively interested in cars by speaking about them in such detail that people fall off the conversation. I've pulled this off too many times with a particular friend of mine. Oh, also, when the reason you actually got to know one of your best friends is similar taste in cars. Yeah, I'm talking about the same guy.

Finally, when you have such a car nut reputation that it seems logical for your girlfriend to respond to teasing her about her desktop background, featuring a bunch of shirtless Asian guys, like this: "You're the one to talk, damnit, you've got a background with an old BMW in it!"

...when you get turned off Akon, not because of any inherent dislike of rap, but because of his inability to pronounce "Gallardo", to say nothing of his supposed "Ferrari truck". Really now.

When a quick drive to clear your head easily becomes a 20-25 min drive. :D

When a quick drive to clear your head easily becomes a 20-25 min drive. :D

Doesn't count when the time extension is because your heap broke down and you're either walking back or fixing it by the side of the road. :p Or waiting for it to cool off after overheating so you can start again. :p

What if it's in an Alfa, then it's part of the experience, trying to figure out what broke.

Doesn't count when the time extension is because your heap broke down and you're either walking back or fixing it by the side of the road. :p Or waiting for it to cool off after overheating so you can start again. :p

Dammit, I knew I'd never live down the time it broke on that 10 min trip to Wal-Mart! :p I was taking the "scenic route" I swear! J/K

I've definitely done the latter though when I thought the transmission issues were mechanical rather than electrical in nature. :p <_<

What if it's in an Alfa, then it's part of the experience, trying to figure out what broke.

Excellent point! In nearly anything but an Alfa it's a PITA but in an Alfa its "Hey, she's just being tempermental, lets get the hands dirty!" :p

Last edited:

Then you're not a car nut, you're just plain nuts for buying an Alfa.

And yes, I'm a former Alfa owner. It was crap. I do not get why people think they're great.

poster30092041.jpg

Last edited:
I was looking for a cheap convertible. It was down to an Alfa Spider and an MGB. The Alfa was cheaper and in better condition cosmetically.

I should have bought the MGB.