You know you're Italian when...

tranceporter

Car(s)
2007 Honda S2000
your father goes behind the bbq and produces this rather than cheeseburgers and hot dogs

5110_526674075757_198603251_31145814_664943_n.jpg

and i wouldn't have it any other way :mrgreen:

Is that skewered coiled Italian sausage? Man I gotta try grilling it like that some time. What's in the calzone?

Also: Grilled pizza FTW!!!

All my dad can manage is burnt hamburgers that are still raw on the inside. Is there a recipe for grilled pizza btw?

Last edited:
Is that skewered coiled Italian sausage? Man I gotta try grilling it like that some time. What's in the calzone?

Also: Grilled pizza FTW!!!

yup skewered coiled sausage. it's good but it comes out a little dry. the calzone was stuffed with ricotta and spec (smoked prosciutto)

the spec gave it a nice smokey touch to add to the grille theme

All my dad can manage is burnt hamburgers that are still raw on the inside. Is there a recipe for grilled pizza btw?

idk about a recipe but when my father first tried it a few years ago it was a little of trial and error. it's really easy to burn the dough. my father has a system now but i'm pretty sure he won't be willing to give it up any time soon :lol:

... your last name is Bois >_>

That looks way better than any barbecue I've ever seen.

you got me there. my last name is la hara and nobody thinks i'm italian. even though i'm first generation american and my whole family migrated from italy :?

Yeah, I'm a solid 25% Italian (great grandparents on father's side immigrated) and a complete mix of I don't even know what for the other 75%, so I mostly associate with the Italian bit.

*grabbyhands*

Wow that looks amazing! I am starving! I use to live in Northern Italy and we use to eat spec all the time. To bad I can't find it anywhere here in crappy NC.

Wow that looks amazing! I am starving! I use to live in Northern Italy and we use to eat spec all the time. To bad I can't find it anywhere here in crappy NC.

Tell you what - I'll send you some spec if you send me some barbecue. :lol:(Preferrably from Stamey's, but whatever your favorite is.)