Your all time favourite rally car

Your all time favourite rally car

• Total voters
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJjBzSKN7LE[/YOUTUBE]
^Epic.

are you trying to show your love for the Audi or make people think its gay with that music??, thats the same as me saying i LOVE the Datson 280Z and then posting this video

[YOUTUBE]http://youtube.com/watch?v=d00e7FgxSyc[/YOUTUBE]

now that you've seen that your probably thinking "wow, that was gay" rather then, "Huh, I see your point, maybe the Datsun is a nice little car",

kinda self defeatist don't yeah think?

alright all you young new type people, its NOT AWD in the audi, its 4WD, none of that namby pamby AWD rubbish... diff locks are included...

my subaru liberty (legacy) RS had a badge on teh back... 4WD, i was very proud of that... none of the PC AWD impreza noncense...

are you trying to show your love for the Audi or make people think its gay with that music??, thats the same as me saying i LOVE the Datson 280Z and then posting this video

now that you've seen that your probably thinking "wow, that was gay" rather then, "Huh, I see your point, maybe the Datsun is a nice little car",

Last time I checked, this thread was about "Your all time favourite rally car" and I just posted a video portraying the sheer awesomeness of the car that, IMO, is the best. The music was just an annoying distraction. Any true automotive lover would appreciate the car itself and would make nothing of the music, especially if the video portrayed a car as special and as magical as the Quattro S1. Your nit-picking of my post is just plain idiotic. If you don't like the Quattro then just put-forth your contention without all that pretentious bull crap.

This is a automotive forum after all, and I'm sure everyone isn't as idiotic as you to make negative assumptions of one of the best rally cars ever made after watching an awesome video which just happened to be accompanied by some annoying music.

/I kind of repeat myself, but it does get the point across.
//I love that Datson 280Z too. Awesome looking car.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC

Lordi is great. Love the Datsun btw.

It may have handled like a tank. It may have been unreliable. It may have only won one event. It may have been hopelessly outclassed by the opposition.

But for the noise and the sheer violence of the thing, the Audi Quattro S1/E2 wins it for me.

I am stoked that the Impreza made it with all the other rally legends, the ones with no equal...goes to show what an impression some Japanese four door made on the rallying world.

Without wishing to cause offence to the mighty WRX, may I suggest its popularity was largely due to the man driving, a certain Colin McRae. For instance, would the WRX have gained the incredible popularity had McRae been picked up with say Toyota leaving Sainz and Kankunnen as Subie's drivers?

The stratos is just a bit more desirable than the integrale for me.

Without wishing to cause offence to the mighty WRX, may I suggest its popularity was largely due to the man driving, a certain Colin McRae. For instance, would the WRX have gained the incredible popularity had McRae been picked up with say Toyota leaving Sainz and Kankunnen as Subie's drivers?

Yes! It would still have become a legend. Carlos Sainz is a magnificent driver maybe even better than McRae.

Of course it's the fastest. It's the newest one which in motorsport almost always equals the fastest regardless of output etc. Time moves on.

Yes, but there are these things called "rules". You can't just have a 1000 HP V10 rally car. ;)

It's got to be the Stratos for me, purely because it's so different to the saloons and coup?s that usually race :)

Yes, but there are these things called "rules". You can't just have a 1000 HP V10 rally car. ;)

That's why I wrote regardless of output. Technology has evolved a lot in the suspension, brakes and tires area.

The boss of Lancias WRC team once said that you can only reduce speed with new rules for a short amount of time. Then the engineers will find ways to make the cars go faster than ever before while still obeying the rules. True words!

Uh...that's a tough one but I'll have to stand by the Stratos. :mrgreen:

I voted for Stratos. Monster!

Just look at THAT!
lancia_stratos_arriere.jpg