Your Camera Equipment

smokeysevin

Car(s)
mini
Got the Sony A6000 a couple of weeks ago just so I have something small and light for close quarter shooting. Used it with an old Sony 50 1.8 E-Mount over the weekend...and, damn, the AF on this camera is freakin' accurate. It's so on-point.

For the longest time, I've had low-confidence with my A77 to where I would Focus Magnify and manually adjust if necessary, which is about 50/50. Yes, I've done the AF Micro Adjust. In contrast, I have high-confidence with the little A6000. Lock on the eye, and bam, I've never had such a high-rate of sharp eyes.
I have been looking for lenses for my nex5t's. Right now I just have the standard 16-50s and an A mount SAL55200 that I need to get the real sony laea4 for but my budget prohibits that for now.

Sean

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
GOT IT TODAY!!! OH MY GOD HOW GREAT IT IS!

On only thing that bothers me is that when You turn off the evf it shuts down. Didnt fine anything in the meniu to turn it off :(

Ordered the Sony RX100 III :mrgreen:

Should have it next week some time I guess. I was lucky, found some people who managed to get it for me for 629 EUR. That is 111 EUR cheaper that the cheapest I could find in the shops here in Lithuania.

So I'm happy. Hope it wont disapoint, but for that price it should be perfect

:)

Last edited:

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
Who made it? I know one guy who makes nice leather stuff and is also a photog, just wondering :D
Also, looks nice

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
Any SD card recomendations? :(

SanDisk, Lexar, Kingstone?

Which is the best?

Last edited:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Depends on what speeds you need, but I always go with Sandisk Ultra (or Sony SDHC I in a pinch).

XYZviper

Car(s)
TOYOTA Yaris
The faster they are the better I guess. They will save the photos and videos faster. The camera will work faster between shots as I understand. SanDisk Extreem Pro 95Mb/s 32GB is in my reach. Is it worth it?

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
That all depends on whether your camera needs that and how fast it can write itself. No use going for a 95 MB/s (not Mb, it's the big B) one, if your camera can only do 40 (unless you're going for future proof).

Boobo-oobo

Car(s)
e46 330xd Touring
That all depends on whether your camera needs that and how fast it can write itself. No use going for a 95 MB/s (not Mb, it's the big B) one, if your camera can only do 40 (unless you're going for future proof).
Do you perhaps know what would be a good speed for my 6D? I got this one :

And it works great, had no read/write problems with it in continuous shooting but i dont know if its overkill. I want to get a couple more cards but these are pricey, i wonder if lower speed card will do me just fine. I only shoot photos, no video and shoot full raw.

And bought a first proper camera bag.

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Well, it's simple maths. What's the size of your largest raws and how many can you do a second? ;)

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
according to dpreview the eos 6d is capable of 1.4 fps once the buffer is full... (tested on a sandisk extreme pro 90MB/s card)

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Yeah, but the speed of the card will make sure the buffer doesn't get full, so if you have a card that's as fast or faster than the sensor, you will never fill the buffer.

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
errr... isn't the buffer the cameras internal memory? once that is full you're stuck at that level because the camera can't move the data from there to the card any faster, that's how i always understood it. which would make the 1.4fps with full buffer the maximum speed the camera can move data to the card, regardless of how fast the card ends up being (i.e. even with a 1000000MB/s card it would be stuck at 1.4fps). because honestly, 90MB/s is pretty much the fastest card there can be, it's not the card that's the limiting factor here.

ah.... i see what you're getting at now, reading that again. but still, those 1.4fps still determine the maximum speed the camera can move data to the card.

Last edited:

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
DONOR
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Well, at 1.4 fps that would make the write speed about 34 MB/s. No use in getting a card that's faster than that, then.

If the 6D were capable of purging the buffer as quickly as it was being filled you'd need a 112 MB/s card to manage ISO 100 (higher the ISO, larger the file due to so much more fine detail introduced by the noise) and 155 MB/s for max ISO.

Last edited:

eizbaer

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Seat Leon
Well, at 1.4 fps that would make the write speed about 34 MB/s. No use in getting a card that's faster than that, then.
that would be my conclusion then, yes. go with maybe a 50MB/s card to compensate for the cardmaker lying about the speed and you should be good :D

edit: personally i'm using transcend cards rated at 90MB/s (with a olympus e-m10 that is...). they've treated me well this far and are not what i'd consider expensive (paid 18?/32gb i think).

Last edited: