Your Camera Equipment

Forum Addict
Car(s)
Skoda Octavia & Fabia
I finally managed to replace my old Nikon D3100 with a D610 (got a new one for 999 euros) ! \o/

Now I am happy apart from the fact that I really need a 50mm lens with AF (I have an old Nikon series E 50mm f/1.8).
Otherwise I am pretty happy with the combination of a Nikon 28mm f/1.8G and a Tamron 70-300mm f/4-5.6 SP Di VC USD.
That's a nice jump, I must say, heh

Posambique

Car(s)
Porsche 944 -86, BMW 323i Coupe -96
Damn! Well.. We can still do it if you want to :lol:

Still got that Series E in the corner if you want it, It would be easier for me to sell the AF for sure.
The series E definitely the better built of the two now that I?ve had them side by side. Sad that it?s lacking the AF.

MXM

I paid for this title
DONOR
Damn! Well.. We can still do it if you want to :lol:

Still got that Series E in the corner if you want it, It would be easier for me to sell the AF for sure.
The series E definitely the better built of the two now that I?ve had them side by side. Sad that it?s lacking the AF.
Yeah, absolutely! I'm not after image quality, but I'd like the the more compact and period-correct lens for the FE.

Bretton Woods

I'm looking to get a new ruggedised and waterproof compact for trips and what not. Something like the Nikon AW130.

Does anyone have suggestions?

The other option is to get a compact like a Canon EOS M10 and pair it with a beater GoPro + case? I just dislike the idea of carrying around a heap of kit.

Black Z Eddie

Car(s)
'06 350Z
So about a couple of weeks ago, I bought a Sony A7R II with Sony's 28mm f2. I kept reading how sharp this lens was.

Below was shot at ISO 16,000. This camera amazes me how it retains detail. Of course it's going to be grainy, but, I'm ok with it in types of scenarios.

Cellos88GT

DONOR
Car(s)
2 Fox Mustangs and a '00 VFR
I finally (after nearly 8 years) have upgraded my camera (D50) with a very lightly used D7100. I don't know how I've gone this long...

evoWALO

Waiting for the a7R II body to arrive. All stocks ran out as the cash price was US$2,568 vs $3,198 US SRP + sales tax.

Or should I get a used a7R II bought last September for $2,300?

Got this supposedly difficult to find Zeiss Batis lens for US$1,072 vs $1,299 US SRP + sales tax.

Last edited:

_HighVoltage_

Captain Volvo
Car(s)
1998 Volvo S70 T5M
Got my first prime lens today - Canon 50mm/1.8F adapted to my Sony NEX3 (have to use manual focus now). It's my first experience shooting with such low F and with manual focus. To make things more challenging, I decided my first test shots should be at night.

It turned grainy because I didn't have a tripod and had to increase the ISO. I've got a lot to learn.

kurthest

Car(s)
2008 BMW 335i Coupe (e92)
I'm looking to upgrade my Nikon D300 with a D500.
I curse Nikon for delaying the release to April :(

public

Has been known to shou emousshiöns
DONOR
Car(s)
S203 M271 and a ton of crap

After realizing this is an actual thing, I ordered a late 1980s Yashica Samurai x3.0 by Kyocera from eBay. It shoots on 35mm film and was endorsed by Ryuichi Sakamoto of Yellow Magic Orchestra fame. :cool:

Last edited:

topgearwascool

Car(s)
2001 (51 Reg) Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 2.0 S 2dr
my iPhone 4
It being a phone, allowed me to take snaps at more restricted locations e.g. The Shard, The Gherkin in London.
Also, my instragram app allowed me to edit the lighting and the hue and the colours in the snapshots I took which made for some very awesome pictures, and allowed me to keep the originals too, so I have a before and after on some of my favourite stuff.. Also, because it's a phone, I always have it on me, so if I ever see anything cool...