Your Camera Equipment

It's funny.. I often hear Canon people argue that Nikon needs a 70-200 f/4. It seems people forget that you can buy an 80-200 2.8 new for about the same price... but you get the same pro optics with 2.8 glass :p

That's funny, the only people I've ever heard arguing that Nikon needs a 70-200 f4 are the Nikon owners.

The Canon 70-200 f4 is a fantastic little lens, so small and light for what it is. I'd rather travel with that than the 2.8.

In my defence, i was around a 300mm f/2.8 lens all the time, that meant nothing else got any attention :)

Here's my new equipment, big step up from my TZ1!

- Nikon D40
- 18-55mm lense that came w/ kit
- Nikon starter bag kit w/ extra battery and SLR photography guide
- 4GB SanDisk SDHC card
- 2GB kingston SD card for backup
- ND lense
http://img369.imageshack.**/img369/5876/p1130162eq9.jpg

Then after getting the camera I found out they had a $100 discount on lenses, so I went and picked this up!

- Nikkon 55-200mm w/ lense hood
http://img142.imageshack.**/img142/9519/dsc0498hu7.jpg

I am loving this thing!

That's funny, the only people I've ever heard arguing that Nikon needs a 70-200 f4 are the Nikon owners.

I've heard this more recently from the Nikon side.. but most of those people are just asking for a cheaper alternative to the 70-200 2.8 from what I've seen.. and the 80-200 2.8 fits that bill perfectly.

The Canon 70-200 f4 is a fantastic little lens, so small and light for what it is. I'd rather travel with that than the 2.8.

well with Nikon you can have their rather good older 70-210 f/4 or f/4-5.6 for about $100 - $150, or you can get the pro 80-200 2.8 for $500 - $800 used.. and $1100 or so new. I'm certainly not complaining :D

Granted a small & sharp near-pro level lens like the 70-200 f/4 would be a nice addition to the lineup, but I really don't think it's very high up on the wish list.

May as well post in here...

http://img138.imageshack.**/img138/4581/xl80000310ie5.jpg

Nikon D50
AF-S DX Zoom-Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G
AF-G Zoom-Nikkor 70-300mm f/4-5.6 G Autofocus
52mm CPL Filter
52mm ND2 Filter
52mm Kenko UV Filter
62mm Kenko UV Filter
2 Lens hoods
IR Remote
Strap
Lens and Camera cleaning kit
And some other random bits and pieces

All together cost me ?310 delivered. One fucking immense bargain (thanks eBay). I have yet to get a bag, and I'm leaving it all to one side until after my exams are over (23 days).

I use that exact same bag in the dame color combo!

Good buy!

I've sold 4 tripods, 4 canon 430EX'es and the canon 70-200 f4 L is lens. Yaaaay, LESS equipment!! (yeah, I'm fed up and I'm concidering selling off the rest of the gear aswell and quitting all together..)

Just got this:

Nikon D60
Nikkor 18-55mm VR kit lens
Nikkor 55-200mm VR lens
Hoya 52mm Circular Polarizer [thrown in free]
SanDisk 4GB SDHC card [not sure which one, its not with me atm.. this was thrown in free too]

Told them I wanted the D40 but with the VR kit lens rather than the EDII kit lens [knew they wouldn't], let them half talk me into the D60 package then asked why I should so they gave me 1 free filter and 1 free SDHC card... pretty much won in my eyes considering the lens and SDHC card are near-as-makes-no-difference 140 bucks and the D60 package was already on sale for 170 off...lol

And I also have a Canon Powershot A570 IS.. that now will always stay in my car...lol

Last edited:
^ Polarizers are good!

lets see where to start

Canon EOS 5D
ArgofLex twin lens
Horesman 4x5 woodman feild camera
20 4x5 film holders
Canon 28-135mm f/3.5
Canon 14mm f/2.8
Canon 50mm f/1.4-58mm
6 or so 2gig SD cards
Sony Card reader
Pack of Gels
Hoya ND8 Filter
Hoya ND4 Filter
Hoya Pro1 digital UV filter
Hoya Pro Circular Polarizing Filter
Hoya 25A Red Filter
Minolta Light meter
4 pocket Wizards
1 Canon 580x Flash
5 in one
2 c stands
4 sandbags
pc cables galor
Manfrotto Tripod and Ball Joint mount

Laptop
Flashlight
Box of misc tools
Gaffer Tape
#3 orange cones
4 ft ladder
vest
credentials
enough batteries to power a small city (flash)
to many other things to list

Got this from my parents today. It's a bit old, but it was very rarely used, so it's in pretty good nick.
snip

You lucky devil! That looks to be an excellent tripod!

I've got one of those. It's a Velbon, and it's relatively sturdy. It is a bit on the weighty side, as I know of a gazillion tripods that are more sturdy at that weight. I do sometimes wish it went lower, but all in all, it works well. At least when you don't pay to have it. :)

Tip of the day: Unscrew the head, pull out the long tube. It's very good to beat off thieves who tries to steal your gear. :D

New toys!

https://pic.armedcats.net/a/an/anonymous/2008/07/15/toys.jpg
(not the lens, I've had it for a while)

I love the feel of FE! I hope it works well. Got the tank as well, gonna try and develop the film myself, for the first time in 15 years or so :D