Your Camera Equipment

Ooh, that looks sturdy!

:p Considering I've only got a Panasonic TZ7, not a heavy camcorder, and going by how much grip our Satnav's suction cup gives, I reckon it'll be fine.

One of these:
suction-mount-1.jpg

I want one of those! Ice, don't you have something similar? I've looked, but I cant find anything in this country of mine. Anything in Slovenia?

Funnily enough I bought one like that last week. I looked at that exact model but was unsure of the movement so went for this (cheaper) one instead:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260593055953

Seems great so far.

Anyway I bought myself a Jessops flashgun today, plus an off-camera lead.

AJESSCA185119179.jpg

Same size as an SB800 but much cheaper. So far I'm very impressed too but time will tell. A mate at work bought the Canon version and was very impressed. I am slightly annoyed that it only took me 2 and a half years to get this thing after buying the D40, now I'm eyeing up the D5000 which I was told by the bloke in Jessops who was very eager to show me his (camera, dirty minds) is a very good upgrade. Bloody expensive too.

I wouldn't bother with a D5000 over a D40; it's not that much of an upgrade. Look at the D90 or better.

Last edited:
That was exactly what I was thinking before Bloke appeared and told me he's had 3 other Nikons after his D40. Seems like a waste of money really. Live View and HD video are 2 of the selling points and I don't care for either.

^ I majorly dislike the D3000 and D5000. They're full of marketing to sell to the 'new users' such as students etc. Get a D90 (or maybe a D80) and don't regret it - that's what I'll do when my D50 dies, depending on what's on the market. But if it dies tomorrow, I'll get an estimate to repair it, and if its too much I'll upgrade to a D90.

And my suction thing was ?3.97 with free delivery. :lol:

I want one of those! Ice, don't you have something similar? I've looked, but I cant find anything in this country of mine. Anything in Slovenia?
Try looking for Cullmann, I have the 1003 (I think).

Ooh, that looks sturdy!

Well it arrived yesterday. Say what you will, but the evidence is in.

http://img51.imageshack.**/img51/5431/p1020470nc.jpg
Kangoo lulz.

That was showing barely any sign of struggling. I'm sure yours is more sturdy, but frankly for ?4, I ain't bloody complaining. :lol: Though I bet yours isn't sturdy enough to warrant the extra price tag.

Last edited:
Since when was I being serious? :p I am merely testing it out for my own sake of knowing what it can do, and then posting my findings. It is a new piece of camera equipment and once I return from my holiday I will go out and get some video with it on the car. :D Can't wait!

What I've found is that mine has a really stupid design when it comes to the screw. The base around it is too small and all the cameras wobble... It's great in every respect, but that. Luckily the second screw is standard, so I'll just have a plate made that screws on there so the platform around the top screw will be bigger and the vibrations will be gone. It doesn't matter so much for stills, but video is fuckt.

https://pic.armedcats.net/i/ic/icebone/2010/07/10/cullmann1003.jpg

OK, now where can I find something like that with some sort of clamp to which to attach a tripod leg?

You're quick today, Ice :thumbsup:

EDIT: Not really what I'm looking for, though; I'm looking to create a rolling shot rig.

Last edited:
You won't be able to do it with a tripod. There are a few people here who have one of those, either bought or made.

To be honest, you could probably get away with making something up yourself. My thing easily comes apart, leaving this:

http://img716.imageshack.**/img716/6933/p1020473i.jpg

Basically a suction pad with a bolt on it. Its not in an ideal position, but if you can find some kind of seat for the tripod leg which can be attached then its perfect, and a lot cheaper than ready made gubbins.

Picked up a cheap Nikkor f 1.8 FX mount lens from amazon.com (all shots on my Lumix GF1)

4781019780_36102ac172_b.jpg

mounted on my D90

4780386027_f69d3d6a32_b.jpg

Rollcall with the Tokina 11-16mm lens

4781069840_0bcb74df72_b.jpg

Nikkor 35mm f1.8 DX mount prime

4780388905_ec3f5001dd_b.jpg

Tamron 18-270mm superzoom

4780390483_b393962c14_b.jpg