Your Camera Equipment

Got back from the shop and they changed my Extreme Pro 32GB to this:

Had to pay a bit extra, but ech, got what I want. Still have to test it if it works! :D
sd-sdextreme-064g.jpg

IT WORKS! ALL GOOD, I'M HAPPY EVEN IF I OVERPAY A BIT I GUESS. :)

Last edited:
So it happened, when I put the 64Gb card in my laptops reader the laptop is asking to format it. When I conect the whole camera to the laptop via USB the laptop again ask to format it. what to do? :(

Will a fancier card reader solve the problem or I need a new laptop?

Now I have red if I get a SDXC car, there might me issues that my computer might not read it. I run Win XP SP3 with USB2. Any suggestions?

Called the shop where I bought the card, they agreed in good will to change it to Sandisk Extreme 64Gb 45Mb/s. I guess that should be enough to have all the fetures on my RX100 M3 :(

Upgraded from my D60 to a D7100 thanks to Boxing Day sales (couple weeks late posting, admittedly).
Also got myself two 32GB SD cards that can keep up with the shooting speed compared to my old, slow 16GB cards which.. were still faster then the D60...

And time for the classic cell phone picture when I clearly have two cameras.... don't even feel bad about it.

IMG_20150101_095109nopm.jpg

So far so good, thoroughly enjoy the shooting speed. The 1.3x crop mode is interesting, likely will only see limited use.
Still getting use to the dual selector wheels and where all the buttons are and what they do. It's a fair bit different from the D60 which I could do without looking (I even had the LCD menu system down to memory, totally different now).
The dual SD card slots is nice, so I don't have to splurge for 64GB cards, I can get the relatively cheap 32GB cards and hold 1700ish RAW photo's in DX, or 2600ish in 1.3x crop.
Haven't tried the video recording yet, probably won't for a bit, I rarely, if ever, record anything (the things I would I'd borrow a friends GoPro/Sony ActionCam).

Last edited:
ordered a filter holder for my samyang 14mm + two filters: nd16 and nd8 gradual gray.

Samyang-filter-holder-SFH-14-2.jpg

Ebay (sold by few different sellers, roxsen etc) for ?38. Filters were a bit more expensive per piece (not cokin genuine ones).

Last edited:
Ebay (sold by few different sellers, roxsen etc) for ?38. Filters were a bit more expensive per piece (not cokin genuine ones).

Can it be attached on any lens? Or it just fits the lens you buy it for?

The adapters are aluminium, the holders are plastic, the filters are glass. It's quite sturdy, I don't fear it's going to break, but I'm yet to record any video that needed it. From some tests I've done the optical quality is actually quite good (it's hard to fuck up straight glass).

The adapters are aluminium, the holders are plastic, the filters are glass. It's quite sturdy, I don't fear it's going to break, but I'm yet to record any video that needed it. From some tests I've done the optical quality is actually quite good (it's hard to fuck up straight glass).

Sounds good then. I need something for my 17-40 for rigshots, but i want a system so that i can use it on my other lenses if i ever need/want to. Ill take a better look at it when i get home. Thanks :)

Last edited:
What I'd give for a D7100...probably lot's of money, heh

My D50 is still fine for pictures, but some higher ISO performance and a bigger screen would be nice.
Also, video recording would be a big plus, since I don't have a decent camera and like to take videos.

*sigh*

It was a tough choice to actually get it. I wanted to upgrade from my D60 badly, it just didn't suite what I needed anymore.

Originally I was looking at the D5x00 series as the D7100 was out of my "acceptable" price range, but then they had to put a sale on it to drop it under my price point by 15$, which meant I had to buy it.

I am thoroughly pleased with the image quality so far (admittedly haven't taken a picture of anything of value yet, just messing around in my living room and comparing it to my D60) and am happy with my decision to get it.

Randomly decided to get a new lens that has been on my wish list for awhile

DSC_0666.jpg

Anyone need some extra parts? :p

IMG_0727.jpg

You really see the bad construction when you take the thing apart. Horrible. Managed to get the thing sorted in the end, focus decided it didn't want to play anymore so went to fix it.

Still works :D :

IMG_0737.jpg

Bought myself a 60 years old FSU "Leica" ;) Namely a Zorki 3 with Jupiter-8 50mm F/2 lens. Apparently it has a few issues, the slow shutter mechanism is jamming (1-1/25 sec), and the lens has some dust inside. I will see if I can clean it and fix it eventually, there are very good books written on servicing those cameras (in russian at least). Until then I plan to shoot a film in "normal" shutter modes.

Although this lens is supposed to be among the sharpest that came out of Soviet factories, I really want a collapsable Elmar-insipired Industar-22 eventually. It just looks so right on that body, and of course I like the compactness of the package.

Camera should be here in a few days, can't wait :D

Last edited: