Your Camera Equipment

Recent purchase. Got quite serious g.a.s and this should help a bit..

0f3d55085d4047fceeb5380428f1549f.jpg

Tamron EOS 24-70mm f/2.8 Di SP VC USD

Just bought this lens:

Canon EF-S 24mm f2.8 STM
D3S_1843-capped.jpg

It has a bunch of favourable reviews, the sample images I've seen look pretty good, and it's tiny, which should be great for travel.
Now I just have to wait impatiently for it to be delivered!

It arrived!!!
cde950f5ca0ce89f5c7b64243c598faa.jpg

I also finally stuck the plate back on top of the mode dial that fell off in 2014.
Sometimes I'm thankful for my slight OCD that means I knew exactly where to find that thing after so long, when most people would have lost it long ago.

Picked up a bunch of new Sony lenses a few months ago, thanks to a Sony employee friend & discount:

3ce8ea08bdca58f607bc43cd914ae66f.jpg

89efba768bbb12308a8d7213e322b634.jpg

The 24-70 2.8 G Master lens is enormous on the camera body.

Are you using Canon or Nikon mount Sigma lenses?

Sony A-Mount lenses.

I'm this close to buying the Metabones 4 for Canon mounts because my brother and a buddy has Canon L lenses.
Metabones 4 is pretty excellent, I bought one and use a Canon 50mm 1.4 USM (too cheap to get the Sony Zeiss 55 1.8) and love it.

Tried my friend's 70-200 2.8 II and it worked great also, sharp & fast AF

068cb1e490bc1932c8db6db11f3cf232.jpg

_full.jpg

A flea market find for 20 euros. Even with the scratch at the front I think even the lens is worth it by itself. The body seems to be in good nick, not even a leaked battery inside which I was fearing for a bit.

I'll put fresh batteries in it next week (hopefully the light meter works) and try out a roll of B&W I have laying around in my fridge.

Got a new lens for my Sony NEX. Sigma 19mm/F2.8

Great lens. Finally solved the fringing and barrel distortion of the kit zoom lens. Best part, I got it for $90.

Picked up a used a6300 body to complement my A7ii for the telephoto work

33761192010_bb75894124_c.jpg

Small Tamrac Zuma 7 backpack. I'm pretty sure that what it is. Had it maybe since 2012-2013. Love this little guy.

w60pOAx.jpg

Has a side access.

PSAhQAt.jpg

12" MacBook fits perfectly.

lq5I7lP.jpg

Fits my main gear just right even with lens and hood attached. A7RII + Sigma 35 f1.4. A7II + Sigma 85 f1.4. Money Maker dual strap. There's also a flash and radio trigger underneath the strap.

g3BSPK8.jpg

Accessories area.

vH0QYXL.jpg

MWF sent me this cute little thing:

It feels like a really high quality product. Over 50 years old, but everything fits perfectly, all exposure settings work (haven't timed them though). It's lacking a film cassette, which is a bit of a problem, as they were plastic and comparatively few survived. They often go for more than camera itself is worth on ebay :lol:

My solution: bought a Kiev Vega, soviet copy of the Minolta-16 with 2 cassettes :D It's technically inferior (fewer exposures), but the cassettes are compatible. The focusing glass mount also broke off the Minolta, so maybe I can transplant it from the Kiev, will see.

Next issue is getting film to load into the cassette. Since 16mm is no longer made for photographic purposes, there are 3 options as far as I can see:

1. Cut up 35mm film.
Pros: Great availability, great selection. Got everything ready for developing.​
Cons: Can only make a single stripe of 16mm because of perforations, so quite a bit of wasted film. Also need to make a cutter.​

2. Microfilm
Pros: Very fine grain, very high contrast. In general has odd tonality, which can make interesting results. Much cheaper than regular photographic film, comes in 100ft rolls that cost 20-40eur.​
Cons: Nominal sensitivity for the microfilm is between ISO 6-25. Pushing is difficult because emulsion layer is really thin. But it's doable to ISO 50 or even ISO 100 with care. It's risky, and needs special developers, perhaps even a custom mix starting with basic components.​

3. 16mm cinema film
Pros: Versatile, easily pushable to high speeds. Pricing is similar to Microfilm, so really cheap. And Kodak still makes new B&W negative stock. Can develop with regular off-the-shelf chemistry.​
Cons: Quite grainy, but that might as well be a pro. Always has perforations, which isn't a problem on Minolta 16 specifically, but may be on some other 16mm cameras.​

At this stage I'm going with option 3. Ordered one roll, so 30m of film. That's like 80 reloads, 1600 frames, gonna last me a lifetime :lol: But I'm really curious about microfilm too, may try it after I figure out how to develop it.

Reorganising my space last night, I found my Grandmother’s camera, and two rolls of (very much expired) film.
Hopefully, with restrictions easing, I’ll be able to get out and see if the old girl is in proper working order. Looking forward to it!
9CB73D6E-318F-4192-8180-8DDBAD2A3402.jpeg
3AA5496A-EE64-4149-B0DA-08CA74DB84D6.jpeg