Your dream car and your "attainable" dream car

Well my definition of attainable would be in my lifetime since no time period was specified so then:

My Dream Car:
mclarenf11.jpg

However due to a current low demand on this car and it's practically I would go for this as attainable (not the 722 just the normal less demanded one):
Mercedes-SLR.jpg

And the thing is that if anybody invests properly starting young, they should have no problems buying a dream car that is obsolete and dated.

Last edited:
you're 11... you can't even start to learn to drive for FIVE YEARS and you think that a $120,000 car is obtainable... let alone the $190,000 for an m3?

Have you considered the fact that by the time I turn 18 the prices of these cars would have severely dropped ?

...and you'll want the new things that are better, faster, and gasp... about the same price after inflation!

Have you considered the fact that by the time I turn 18 the prices of these cars would have severely dropped ?

But you will still be short on money at 18, that won't change it will still take a while to have a decent income. It will be extremely difficult for you to be able purchase let alone afford to maintain such a car.

Last edited:
Sure Ill want them , but I would still be happy if I bought used 335i/M3.

i'm 18 and there is no way in fuck i can afford a car that cost the same as those did new of a similar vintage, nor can any of my friends (even full timers) let alone afford to run it.

When you're 18 say hello to a world of camrys, commodores, falcons and the like

ps. I hate you

Last edited:
But you will still be short on money at 18, that won't change it will still take a while. It will be extremely difficult you to be able purchase let alone afford to maintain such a car.

Well its a long story, you see my parents set up this education fund which will contain
$20000 AUD once I turn 18, and on top of that my sister who is currently 28 promised me any normal BMW or Mini ( ie: No M5, M6s etc ) if I get into U.Q Law school.

Sure the BMW will depreciate but won't depreciate that much. It's always nice to dream though.
As for my dream car, I've always fancied the BMW M5 or MB E63.
Attainable, would be XR6-T or SS-V

Last edited:
Do you really think that the V8 Vantage will depreciate that much? Most of those who bought it new and sold it to now has made a profit on doing so. They still fetch higher prices than new. Remember, the Porsche 911 is buit at around 35'000 units a year, and even that doesn?t depreciate much. Whereas the Vantage is only built in 3000 units a year. Exclusivity guarantees good residuals...

ps. I hate you

Is there a point in criticizing everything I say/post, If they're isn't, could you please stop it.

Do you really think that the V8 Vantage will depreciate that much? Most of those who bought it new and sold it to now has made a profit on doing so. They still fetch higher prices than new. Remember, the Porsche 911 is buit at around 35'000 units a year, and even that doesn?t depreciate much. Whereas the Vantage is only built in 3000 units a year. Exclusivity guarantees good residuals...

go with the Aston, if people see you drive a 911 they will think you are a self indulgent snob whereas with an Aston you will receive admiring glances and the nodding of heads.

Last edited:
of course this comes from our resident expert driver, oh wait you're just saying exactly the same as clarkson did

Mclaren SLR 722 in black

realistically though

- S2000
- RX 8
- jag XJ in black
- E39 BMW M5

i'm 18 and there is no way in fuck i can afford a car that cost the same as those did new of a similar vintage, nor can any of my friends (even full timers) let alone afford to run it.

When you're 18 say hello to a world of camrys, commodores, falcons and the like

ps. I hate you

heh let the boy dream

he is only young and is yet to learn how the big bad world works, at the moment he doesnt need to know how that place works either.

once he gets there he'll find a million other things that he'll either have to spend money on or will want to spend money on.... like girls.

heh i had a education style fund as well, and although it wasnt as much as 20k and it has helped it doesnt even cover my student loans for my 5 years at uni.

trust me, he'll realise that there are more pressing matters than having a flash car when he gets older. (student loans, food, rent, car tax, insurance, mobile phones, gym subscriptons, medical care, partying, working hard, road tax, petrol, MOT, servicing etc etc.... thats one bad thing about older cars....they get to a point were they actually become more expensive to run and repair)

also if you really are 11, then in 7 years time who knows what might be happening, there could be some huge green tax applied to anyone who even does so much as think about cranking a petrol engine.

I can't narrow it to one dream car but I can say anything over 300bhp, RWD and Japanese is in my dreams :p

And my attainable dream car would be a EP Civic Type-R. 8th gen is coming and 7th gens are getting cheaper :)

But you will still be short on money at 18, that won't change it will still take a while to have a decent income. It will be extremely difficult for you to be able purchase let alone afford to maintain such a car.

You're saying this and you have put a ?300,000 supercar as attainable, right...

Dream car.
http://img120.imageshack.**/img120/4557/porsche997gt33let0.jpg

Realistic car.
large4.jpg

Last edited:
The NSX is so awesome, I had the pleasure of driving one a few years back. It is the best gearboxes I have ever used.

It is great that you can pick up a mid-90's models for a fairly reasonable price these days.

Yes sir!

My goal is to own one before I am 25.

If that new abomination of an NSX is released, my First gen NSX prices are gonna plummet.

Dream car.
http://img120.imageshack.**/img120/4557/porsche997gt33let0.jpg
I agree that is IMO the coolest Porsche there is at the moment. One of the best sports cars around. It looks great, is not overpowered or overpriced, handles fantastic and would be a very fun car to own. A car you could live with without problems.
Check out this video of the GT3 doing some awesome drifting on twisty mountain roads in Germany:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MXpnnjlwj7A[/YOUTUBE]