Your favorite car... in the game.

A race modified ZR1, so fun to drive and sounds so similar to it's fire breathing GT2 brethren.

I'm diggin my new 787B

Another car that is my absolute favorite, a simple Honda Civic. Throw it into the corner and feel the thing just grip and then throw the hammer down and rocket out of the curve, so fun!

My favourites are the 787B and the Ruf 3400S.

I just bought the Mazda and I'm kind-of infatuated with it. It's fast, it handles well and it sounds like a chainsaw cutting through a duck (in a good way). It's a joy to drive on Le Sarthe.

The RUF is my go-to Online race car. Most of the rooms I race in have a 350hp limit and a Sports Soft tire restriction. With those rules the 3400S, even stock is one of the best cars around. It is better balanced than an Elise, it is geared just about perfectly for the 'Ring, and it's got a 911 engine. It's just about perfect (after putting the weight reduction mods and tweaking the gearbox a tiny bit, it is perfect).

My favorite is the X1. Right now I have people over and we are taking turns going around the 'Ring in it. So far we are down to a 3:38 in it. I swear this car gives you arms a workout (with force feedback wheel).

I also really like the Red Bull X1 car. It's quick, and pretty but it handles like a bitch. But I think my favourite car in the game is the Chapparal 2J. It's still pretty fast but it's much more easier to drive. It sticks to the road like glue, and it's a real pleasure to drive. I won all my races with it (Historical Car Championship) handily. It was listed for sale in the Online Dealership, and nearly wiped out all my money, but it's worth it. The X1 is a close second, and the Veyron is 3rd.

Last edited:
Well I did an endurance race in the Lexus LF-A...I have to say, it is not my favorite car in the game, not by a long shot. The engine, even coming from a rotary guy, is way too peaky (absolutely no mid-range) and on the stock tires the car understeers horribly. The interior is kind of drab looking and the gauge cluster isn't really all that cool to be honest. The sound is also pretty far off from the real deal. I feel like this car has been nerfed in the game...I was hoping it would be better. After the race was over (Laguna Seca enduro) I drove an M5 (stock) around the 'Ring and it just felt so much more alive. Huge power and torque from 5k and up (the Lexus doesn't feel like it makes anything below 7,000) and very neutral feeling.

Good: BMW M5 E60
Bad: Lexus LF-A

(I keep all of my cars fairly close to stock, if not completely stock)

A absolutly fantastic car is a fully tuned RS6 with all the garbage wings added.
930 BHP handles well. I raced an SLR around the ring, he couldn't keep up.

To drive:
FF: Mugen Civic
FR: Corvette ZR-1 RM (really sweet handling)
MR: Toyota 7 (it's fucking insane)
4WD: Veyron

Best looks: F40 (mine is completely black)

Best sound: fully tuned Gallardo

Worst piece of crap: Misubishi i-MiEV (the engine whistling almost made my head explode, had to mute the sound)

SRT-4!!!!

It's a front tyre eating track beast.
Almost a sleeper and with 600 BHP. :cool:

That thing is way too bloody quick. I was struggling to keep up in my 600HP RX-7 on Nurburgring, kept going over the limit and spinning. Sorry for making you slow down each time I spun :p

That thing is way too bloody quick. I was struggling to keep up in my 600HP RX-7 on Nurburgring, kept going over the limit and spinning. Sorry for making you slow down each time I spun :p

Mines 588 BHP, but on gtplanet after engine rebuild they're reporting 618 BHP.
Mine had 0 miles, so i'm wondering what happens when I can rebuild the engine.

The 170 MPH top speed kills me though. :(

Well I did an endurance race in the Lexus LF-A...I have to say, it is not my favorite car in the game, not by a long shot. The engine, even coming from a rotary guy, is way too peaky (absolutely no mid-range) and on the stock tires the car understeers horribly. The interior is kind of drab looking and the gauge cluster isn't really all that cool to be honest. The sound is also pretty far off from the real deal. I feel like this car has been nerfed in the game...I was hoping it would be better. After the race was over (Laguna Seca enduro) I drove an M5 (stock) around the 'Ring and it just felt so much more alive. Huge power and torque from 5k and up (the Lexus doesn't feel like it makes anything below 7,000) and very neutral feeling.

Good: BMW M5 E60
Bad: Lexus LF-A

(I keep all of my cars fairly close to stock, if not completely stock)

I was also pretty disappointed by the LF-A.

It's been a while since I last drove it but I think I remember it has a very tall gearing for the first 2-3 gears, which is probably what is killing a lot of the mid-range.

Mines 588 BHP, but on gtplanet after engine rebuild they're reporting 618 BHP.
Mine had 0 miles, so i'm wondering what happens when I can rebuild the engine.

The 170 MPH top speed kills me though. :(

Can't you fix that with the transmission? Same for the GT40 you dragged against my Shelby.

Can't you fix that with the transmission? Same for the GT40 you dragged against my Shelby.

Yes, after bolt on's it did around 130 MPH. But I don't wanna long-gear it too much.
The GT40 just had bolt-ons, I haven't used a tuning guide on that yet.

Apparently the Honda Odyssey is an epic car...

Last edited:
Yes, after bolt on's it did around 130 MPH. But I don't wanna long-gear it too much.
The GT40 just had bolt-ons, I haven't used a tuning guide on that yet.

Apparently the Honda Odyssey is an epic car...

The Cobra had hideously long gears (5-speed topping out at 230) but still managed to light up the wheels at a whim :lol: This was a big problem though for the Fiat 500 and Kubelwagen, in order to get reasonable top speeds for the power, the gears had to be so long the car could barely move off the line.

I find that reasonably stiff suspension (10-12 whateverunits), 7-8 dampers, 5-6 antiroll, and 2-3 degrees front camber works reasonably well as a starting point for most cars. Transmission is easy, just pick your top speed. I'm terrible when it comes to fine-tuning a specific car though.