Your Favorite Hot Hatch

Your Favorite Hot Hatch

• Total voters
I love hot hatches in every shape and form and there are about 4 on that list that are really driving me crazy to just pick one.

I had a GTI and loved it....then hated it.... then loved it.... then hated it and sold it. That was a MkIII though, one of the worst ones made. I love the new one, but it looks are something to get used to and the ride height is terrible. I'll have to go with a Mini S just cause I'm planning on buying on shortly.

/Noticed you forgot the new STI...
//would we consider that a new hot hatch?

Reactions: TC
I voted for 147 GTA, it has 270 Bhp and is the best looking.
2nd place for Focus ST
3rd Audi S3

I'd pick the Octavia vRS over any of them but from that list I'd go for the Audi S3.

wheres my 323 GTX? since it's not an option i will get the next best thing mazdaspeed3 for me

My mum has a Focus ST and we all love it to because it "goes like stink" and looks great! Yet it is still a good Family car.
Focus ST, The End.

Astra VXR because its lairy

Mini Cooper S

It does everything great without being too extreme.

The MPS is a close second.

Wtf! No Trailblazer! :O!

lol j/k

I picked the Astra because i love Vauxhauls for some reason.

Im really tempted to, to go in and actually look at the new Saturns (basically, we are getting Vauxhauls now, under Saturn lol)

I pick the upcoming Fiat Bravo Abarth following in second place is the Mini Cooper S and the BMW 135i (rather have the coupe though).

Having never driven any of these cars, I would choose the Focus ST.

Mazda 3. Looks good, powerful, isn't an ancient chassis, reliable, and is actually sold in the US.

Mazda 3 MPS. Like a Focus, but better

It's not the most powerful, it's not the most extreme, it's not the fastest round a track, but I just love the Focus ST.

Either the Astra or the Focus, the Astra is more good looking, but the Focus is a better all rounder, and cheaper. Oh the agony of choice.....

Focus, by a slim margin :)

Apart from the Astra, most of the new hot hatches I've drive are just too sanitized and not scary enough.

That's exactly why I love the Astra. It has a little bit of TVR charm about it.

I voted for the GTI, but only because its the crappier version of the R32 and that is easily my favorite hot hatch at the moment. I had the chance to ride in one, shortly after driving a 80s Alfa GTV6 with a 3.0 as well, and even after fooling around in a Alfa the R32 did all the right things make it a enjoyable and truly fun car, but it also happened to be the most comfortable car i rode in that day.

If i had to get something under 30k then i would probably cheap out, and if it wasn't for the fact its not sold in America i would probably get the Suzuki Swift GT or whatever its called, since its not sold here realistically i would get a Honda Fit/Jazz, which isn't really hot at all, just fun and hatchback. But then ultimately why buy a new car if i'm trying to buy something "economical"?, so what i actually bought is a diesel rabbit, not actually "hot" by any modern standards, just surprisingly fun to drive, plus its cheap and very easy to work on.

Last edited:
Hard choice. We are certainly spoiled. I think the Golf GTi would be the one for me (white with DSG). However I do love the Focus XR5 Turbo, looks good goes well just a great car.

But then the Mini Cooper S has an almost irresistible pull.