Your most favorite and least favorite ingredients.

flydiscovery

Car(s)
2013 Hyundai Elantra GLS
The national dairy council would like to have a word with you regarding your classification of margarine. :p

mclarensmps

Car(s)
'11 KIA Forte Coupe
Least favorite - Probably Margarine, it isn't even interesting, it's the Toyota Camry of dairy products. At least food like horseradish and Velveeta are bad in a laughable way like Lindsey Lohan.
Man, horseradish is awesome. It has nothing to do with horses, by the way.

TC

aka TomCat
Aghhhh... this is so distressing to hear. Cabbage/Sauerkraut... are both awesome!
I agree. I love em both. I actually just had spareribs and sauerkraut with potatoes the other night for dinner. Good stuff.

Zesty

Not A Dude
Car(s)
05 Honda Jazz VTi-S
Favourite: Chillies - doesn't matter if it's sweet, mild, hot in Asian or Mexican dishes, chopped up, blended into sauce or whatever I just love 'em.

Least favourite: This may surprise people because I love plenty of dishes with it in it....but cheese (except mozarella and proper gourmet cheeses that are supposed to be eaten by themselves with wine etc.) just doesn't do it for me. It might have something to do with being put off by the horrible imitation orange cheese crap that used to be put into the food served at our school cafeteria. BLECH! :yucky:

LP

Your Brown Banana for Scale
DONOR
Car(s)
206 HP N/A washing machine
Recently my dad has been into putting lots of roasted cumin in the veggie dishes. Fucking win.

Gonna be a new favorite ingredient to add.

Clockwerk

Forum Addict
Recently my dad has been into putting lots of roasted cumin in the veggie dishes. Fucking win.

Gonna be a new favorite ingredient to add.
Cumin high five! I love cumin as it is used in a lot of Greek dishes. When I was first living on my own I was lamenting the fact that I couldn't find ?????? (kymino)...I had to call my dad to find out that kymino was just the Greek name for cumin:blush::lol:. I also love caraway seeds.

Reactions: LP

topgearwascool

Car(s)
2001 (51 Reg) Volkswagen Golf Cabriolet 2.0 S 2dr
Least favourite: aspartame :-x

- - - Updated - - -

Fav : Garlic

Least Fav : Celery
Mmmm..... Celery...
Making me hungry; I like celery.
I also was just thinking about celery too... :blink:

Also; This is on sale around the corner

but I'm too

to try it.

Last edited:

laxmax613

Car(s)
Merkavim Mars
Current favorite: cultured butter. Damn does it make such huge difference.

Least favorite: I hate working with beets because of the stains. I love eating them though.

NecroJoe

Forum Addict
Car(s)
2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
6-year necro post? Alright...

Favorite:
Cashew Chicken from Yen Ching in Brown Deer, WI. Yes, I am fully aware that it it nowhere near authentic Chinese food. Yes, I realize it's just fried chicken with a garlicky sweet gravy...but damn, if it isn't my favorite thing ever.

Least favorite that I have had...hmm...don't like coffee, or any seafood...or eyeballs...or organ meat. Hmm...I'm bad at this game... If I have to pick something relatively "normal" I'll say avocado. It tastes like grass-flavored soap, and has a slimy/gritty texture.

Redliner

Forum Addict
DONOR
6-year necro post? Alright...

Favorite:
Cashew Chicken from Yen Ching in Brown Deer, WI. Yes, I am fully aware that it it nowhere near authentic Chinese food. Yes, I realize it's just fried chicken with a garlicky sweet gravy...but damn, if it isn't my favorite thing ever.

Least favorite that I have had...hmm...don't like coffee, or any seafood...or eyeballs...or organ meat. Hmm...I'm bad at this game... If I have to pick something relatively "normal" I'll say avocado. It tastes like grass-flavored soap, and has a slimy/gritty texture.
That's a dish, not an ingredient. :p

ahpadt

Forum Addict
DONOR
Least favourite: aspartame :-x

- - - Updated - - -

Mmmm..... Celery...
Making me hungry; I like celery.
I also was just thinking about celery too... :blink:

Also; This is on sale around the corner

but I'm too

to try it.
Nothing wrong with MSG. It's in all your favourite takeaway asian food. ;) Buy some and stick it in your pasta sauce and whatever and be amazed at the difference it makes. It's the exact same type of aminoacid that you find in tomatoes, mushrooms etc which are also very high in "umami"...

Misrabelle

Got Vegemite?
DONOR
Car(s)
03 Ford Falcon BA XR6, '79 XD Falcon S
Love, love, love garlic. Chilli, mushrooms, onion, black olives. Salmon and prawns.

Cannot stand brussel sprouts, dragon fruit, chokos, mashed potato, fried tomato, kidney, tripe, lemongrass and dill.