Your perfect two car garage

I'd love a classic car too, but with traffic around here and the places I travel to it wouldn't be the best of choices really. I deliberately made it a bit more difficult by only allowing 2 cars and stating that you'd have to use them in your current life. :)

I like a lot of the choices, mainly the trucks.

I would have usually gone for a Dodge Ram 3500 dually diesel with a stick.

But I'll go with a GMT-400 2-door Chevy Tahoe with a Cummins swap, SFA, built, modified, and lifted.

The other one is a supercharged LT1 Camaro fully modified to handle the power and be a corner carver as well.

Trying to be realistic here:

The daily:
2008-honda-civic-si-front.jpg

Should be reliable enough. Don't plan on having kids for a while so no need for a 4 door.

The fun one:

Third gen RX-7 (preferably a clean R1 model)
mazda-rx7_400-420x0.jpg

I would keep it on the stock twins and do mainly just reliability mods. I rode in a mildly tweaked, 300whp FD and it is all the power that you need. Damn fast. I'd probably go for 350whp though :)

I'm going to cheat on this thread though. The Civic will not be in the garage. My current Rx-7 will take up spot #2 in the garage and it will sport a mildly built 3 rotor n/a. Probably 300whp on an extend port. + Mariah mode 1 WB kit. Looking something like this:
79Rx7.jpg

after much, MUCH consideration, the 2 vehicles i would have in my 2 car garage for the rest of my life would be the following...

the Lexus LX470
lexus-lx470.jpg

and my current car, the 2006 Toyota Corolla Xrs.
SANY0093.jpg

i know the LX470 is an "old" model, and that the new LX570 has more power than the lesser. but the new 570 seem a bit more tamed than the 470. and i can always install a TRD Supercharger on the 4.7 liter V8, plus, i always loved the style of the 470.

as for the Corolla, if one car had to be a daily driver and the other was a weekend toy, both vehicles can manage both duties. the Corolla gets excellent gas mileage on the highway while it's high revving engine is a blast to drive on the track and twisty roads. plus with decent suspension mods, it's almost as nimble as a Mini Cooper. the LX470 can seat 8 people comfortably on long trips and loads of cargo room as well as sufficient towing power. Full-Time 4WD is standard and it's nothing more than a Toyota Land Cruiser in a "sheet-metal tuxedo". it's win-win with either car, but then again, it's my taste.

after much, MUCH consideration, the 2 vehicles i would have in my 2 car garage for the rest of my life would be the following...

the Lexus LX470

:lmao: what a joke, i lol'ed hard :lol:

After seeing this thread with toyota fanboy over there, i thinked my own perfect cars.

For everyday use the "Freightliner Sport Chassis P4XL":
SportChassis_P4XL_11.jpg

for track use, gt-r:
nissan_gt-r_specv.jpg

the Lexus LX470

Did you consider, at all?! :p

I think the 470 gets a pass, but the corolla? seriously? and that corolla?! what did you consider actually? :p

INDEED!

I lol'ed hard as well :lol:

Last edited:
Aren't the cars we pick supposed to fit in a garage? :p

don't you know that garages might have space for a buss as well, or in my case truck made as a 4x4 suv :D

Decision made.

For all day long:
http://img7.imageshack.**/img7/358/11587008478ea7e87ba4o.jpg
m5_01_1680x1050.jpg

For whenever i happen to want something different:
camp_1012_10_o+1969_camaro_ss_convertible+left_side.jpg

After careful consideration - and reading several posts in this thread - I've decided to replace my Healey with this:
https://pic.armedcats.net/p/ph/phoenixsac/2011/01/08/Desktop_-_Boss_302_-_Back_Right_View_-_2.jpg
1970 Mustang Boss 302 clone

All I would need is a donor fastback (Actually, there is a company now that sells all of the body panels to convert a coupe to a fastback, so even that is not necessary.) and a Boss 302 engine and 5 speed Tremec transmission from the Ford Racing catalog, and I'll be well on my way. There is enough aftermarket support out there for Mustangs that the car could be rebuilt no matter what happens. And it'd be a clone, so I wouldn't feel bad about subjecting my car to the horrors of modern-day traffic. Plus, I could go with larger wheels to fit 4 wheel disc brakes and maybe even an IRS and not feel like I'm defacing a piece of history.

I thought about a two car garage that would actually be possible (in a couple of years at least)
Both would be purchased used for obvious reasons:

Alfa Romeo 159 1750 TB Ti wagon
alfa-romeo-159-wagon.jpg

and
Pre-facelift Fiat Punto Abarth SS
abarth07_021600.jpg

Daily Driver: Ford Bronco
800px-1987-91_Ford_Bronco.jpg

Weekend or summer day car:
Buick Grand National
2367_D026_00024_gallery_primary.jpg

I want to power-slide me stationwagen!
542740_956244_4992_3328_07c2033_106.jpg

And for the sunny beach days:
2010-mercedes-sls-amg.jpg

Last edited:
Do you really need TWO convertable corvettes?