Your Post-Apocalyptic Ride?

All you need
http://img220.imageshack.**/img220/9332/1193923539302ma8.jpg

Easy, assuming there are still some people around eating up resources then i would take a Enduro type motorcycle with a kick start and a carburetor, preferably something made by Honda or Yamaha so i wouldn't have to worry salvaging for parts :)

Also i think if theres toppled buildings and dead bodies everywhere then a offroad capable motorcycle would give you much better access to hard to reach locations then something like a Madmaxs car would or even a range rover. Hell, imagine if they road bike to the North Pole instead of that Toyota Pickup, they could have simply driven over and around all the spiky fields, NO car can do that, same story in the woods as well

IF everything turned into a flat desert then maybe i would take a car, Lancia Delta Integrale would be romantic, but realistically a Subaru STI with and off-road tires, and machine-guns mounted to the hood (like below!)

Streets_of_SimCity_Coverart.jpg

Last edited:
Probably a Lada Niva in that case. With some mods and a bit of a streach. Pop out the roof and put a observation platform up there with a machine gun and spotlight. Actually a IR camera up there would do the trick. Also have a flare launcher (or firework) for lighting up the area if need be...

A 44 Gal drum as a extra fuel tank and a gas producer as a backup. Weld up the doors and make the only exit through the back hatch. Remove the rear glass and weld it over with metal sheet. Front glass covered with mesh......

As far as the engine goes, have the normal radiator and run a auxilary (that sits above the windscreen) with a intergrated electric pump if the primary cooling system is damaged. Exhaust runs out the top of the car aft of the observation platform with a selectable silencer....so you can sneak around!

A new ducting system for interior airflow, remove the passenger and rear seats (need enough room to sleep there) front and rear winches (inc a modded ABS soleniod as a wheel locker)......

I have been thinking about this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously havent I?

Easy, assuming there are still some people around eating up resources then i would take a Enduro type motorcycle with a kick start and a carburetor, preferably something made by Honda or Yamaha so i wouldn't have to worry salvaging for parts :)
:yes: I've already got my doomsday machine. Air cooled, kick start, carbureted, and the compression is low enough that I could probably run it on damn near anything. While it would be fine for traversing the plains, it's loud as fuck and leaves a blue cloud wherever I go, so I'd have to exercise some discretion in cities (if we're talking about a zombie apocalypse here :lol: ).

Much of it depends on the nature of the apocalypse, if it was a nuclear exchange then I would have to rely on older vehicles that would operate without computers. Availability of spare parts would be important, as would the ease of repairs. I would go with an American-made vehicle with a common engine (like a Chevy small block). Finding parts, tires, etc. would be easy and it's easy enough to work on.

Another option would be to run a motorcycle with an extended-range fuel tank. It's easy enough to modify some of the smaller beer kegs to hold fuel and strap one to the back of a bike for an easy boost in range. Also, it's fast, gets 55+ MPG, and can easily get around obstructions in the road - like abandoned vehicles.

i'd drive mah Volvo..

The hell with your tanks!

AH-64D_DVD-1098-2_375x300.jpg

Image1.jpg

Something along the lines of this....
I'd do it up with machine gunes and stuff too.
I'd be sure it has a 350sb in it, parts won't be a problem.
I'd want as few computer systems in it as possible, all mecanical. Maybe I could even get some sort of hot air baloon system to fold out of the roof so that it would truly be an ALL TERRAIN vehicle.

Chaos? By the Emperor, there is only one solution!

https://pic.armedcats.net/2007/11/11/Banebladefront.jpg

Also good against mutants, heretics, and xenos threats.

I always perfered the Stormblade variant but yes i think a baneblade would make a fantastic post apocaliptic chariot we just have to keep some Adeptus Mechanicus Techpriests around to keep it in good working order

Stormblade:
stormblade3l.jpg

YEAH!!!!!!! GO WARHAMMER!!!!!!! Best apocalyps ride = Ork Trukk, with the red paint job of coarse!

Much of it depends on the nature of the apocalypse, if it was a nuclear exchange...

Nah, radiation sucks... just imagine some unknown virus killed a huge number of people,
and that caused economies to collapse, then hunger among the immune in the major cities of the world, and then the destruction caused by the various groups of looters,
fanatics, people crazed by the destruction and hopelesness...