Your worst crash

Just at a guess, I would assume that you would endorse the use of seatbelts then.... :p

That's genuinely horrible Jeffy, certainly a reminder to wear a seat belt. (Although I always have, can't say the same for everyone I know) Actually the only time I didn't wear one was in an old truck without seatbelts. Needless to say, while it was going round a sharp corner, I slid into the door, it opened, and I fell out of the truck. That wasn't a bad accident, just hilarious.

Oh and PB, isn't that the Taurus you spent a while fixing up?

Last edited:
Just at a guess, I would assume that you would endorse the use of seatbelts then.... :p

Oh hell yes. I won't even sit in a parked car without putting on my seatbelt now :D

Last edited:
I haven't been in a serious wreck myself, but I was with my dad heading home from a job some 4-5 years ago when this happened:

Picture060.jpg
Picture059.jpg

Picture058.jpg
Picture057.jpg

Picture054.jpg
Picture044.jpg

We were heading down the road when an elderly couple pulled out into our path. My dad was able to swerve enough that only the passenger side front clipped the Dodge Stratus, which destroyed the entire front right suspension and sent us skidding across the road. No injuries, but if there was an oncoming car at that moment, that could have been a different story.

The elderly man was taken by ambulance, not due to any injuries sustained from the crash but actually because they were already en-route to the hospital for some routine checkup. The elderly woman had, for whatever reason, left a pie in the oven at home and the fire department sent a truck there to take care of it. :lol:

My worst was like 15 years ago, driving my Saab 900 doing ~100 kph on the motorway, falling asleep, car went out the road, landed on all 4 wheels like 2 meters below the road, straight into some trees. Good thing I had a fucking swedish tank! I got no personal injuries!

The scariest tho was driving in the right lane, some truck with its trailer blasting past in the left lane, then deciding its a good idea to pull over into the right lane long before his trailer was past my car.
So he messed up the left side of my car pretty bad, but seeing a huge truck pull into you like that was really scary.
I managed to throw my car a little to the right, but not nearly enough.
Had to change both doors, bumpers and panels on the left side. But again no personal injuries...

I will put my two crashes as they were quite close and at nearly the exact same spot the two times...

First one:
Going through traffic in my Fiesta, everything going along quite nicely, beautiful weather, going home after a good week. So I am in this street where there is at some point a right priority where you need to stop ONLY if someone is coming from the underground parking a little bit further, visibility is perfect and you can perfectly see that no-one is coming. One car in front of me, I see that no-one is coming for when the car is going to pass the intersection so I decide to not worry about him. A few seconds later I decide to check in advance if there is going to be someone exiting the car park when I'm going to cross the intersection and am relieved to see there will be nobody. Then, like 2 seconds later, I put my eyes on the road again and see that this dumb fucking moron just has stopped at the intersection... I had the time to slow down quite a bit from 50kph to more or less 20kph I'd say until I rear-ended him...

P1030769.jpg

Could have been a lot worse but still... the guy was pissed off at ME for plowing into the back of his brand new Skoda Fabia estate or something... I refused to scream on this fucker as that would have just made things worse and thankfully his insurance company was just a few blocks away so we where able to make the accident report very calmly.

Second one:
Same street, just a week after picking up the Fiesta at the body shop...
Well, let's start with some preliminary explanation on this one. I had a garage where I left my car for the week as I live in the centre of the city and had no use of it during week days, problem is that finding a garage isn't easy... so I ended up with a tiny tiny garage, so tiny that my Fiesta didn't really fit correctly in it (yeah, that tiny :-D). So, having bad eyes and as I didn't want to break anything, I had to fold the mirrors to gain some space. No big deal I hear you say... But these mirrors are SHIT and after some weeks, I broke the driver's mirror... I tried to put it in place like I could and went on my way to home, no biggie.
So, let's catch up with the action, same street as before. A car is parked on my lane so I decide to switch, look at my mirror and dead spot by the rear: nothing, so I switch lane and BAM, a car I didn't saw... Thanks to the broken mirror that may have moved or something... Yep, it's my fault on this one...

P1030958.jpg

Smashed the left side wing, left-side mirror AND the right-side as well when I swerved a bit after the shock and hit the parked car mirror's I was trying to miss...

To this day, I NEVER used that street again :-D

Not sure about Peru, but in the U.S. (or is this just MA?), if you rear-end someone, it is almost guaranteed to be your fault, even if they just slammed on their brakes in the middle of the road for no reason. You are supposed to leave enough room.

The only exception to this that I know of is when someone cuts you off immediately beforehand.

Oh it was in France and yeah, it was all for my ass as far as the insurance is concerned :'(

I just remembered that i had 3rd "dent" with my fathers pt cruiser.

It's left back did friends with a lamppost @ 5 kph, so the left backlight broke and minor dent in the bodywork.
We asked the repair cost for the left back metalwork, got reply of 2000 euros as the metal is 1 bit from roof to underside of the car.

Linky of a pic in my site that doesn't allowe direct links

We were like O_O and ordered new backlight for 130 euros, went a weekend trip to my aunts place and memded it with some 2x4, couple of hammers, pliers and some other macguiver tools.

Linky to another pic of "repaired" back end in my site that doesn't allowe direct links

ps. The lamppost bended like 5 degrees and its sill like that :D

Oh hell yes. I won't even sit in a parked car without putting on my seatbelt now :D

Your horror-story has gotten my girlfriend to start wearing her seatbelt more often, if she still wears it incorrectly. It really frightens me, half the time she used to just pull it out and sit on the end because she thinks it's uncomfortable to wear. And when she does actually clip it in half the time again she flips the shoulder strap behind her because - again - it's uncomfortable.

>.> I'm working on it.

Your horror-story has gotten my girlfriend to start wearing her seatbelt more often, if she still wears it incorrectly. It really frightens me, half the time she used to just pull it out and sit on the end because she thinks it's uncomfortable to wear. And when she does actually clip it in half the time again she flips the shoulder strap behind her because - again - it's uncomfortable.

>.> I'm working on it.

Is it uncomfortable for her because it irritates her breast? Or is it that it irritates her shoulder?

Last edited:
I once made a minor scuff on another lorry's side mirror while backing mine up into a tight space. :(

alright, turning left into a massively jammed up filling station. the one from the other direction was way too fast (at least 100km/h instead of 70) and because of that i couldn't see him coming. hit me on the left side of the car-front (about 45?). in these pics all the plastic bits and pieces (yes its a smart, its all plastic) are taken off.
both me and my GF were ok, nothing much happened. not even the airbags triggered, which was rather weird i have to say...
Bild006.jpg

Bild010.jpg

it looks bad, and the insurance had to pay quite a lot, but the little thing got fixed up and is up an running :)
as you see the cooling system got smashed to bits, plus the wheel on the left and the complete front axle was broken... or something...

Last edited:
Is it uncomfortable for her because it irritates her breast? Or is it that it irritates her shoulder?

I'm not sure. I'll have to ask.