Z06 motor NOT covered by warranty, if..

Didn't Mazda had (has?) something similar, where you could buy "race parts"?

Nissan will as long as you do the required maintenance afterwards acutally. (At least with the R35)

They honor your warranty after you blow a motor on the track, as long as you get the blown motor maintenanced afterwards?

:p

Didn't Mazda had (has?) something similar, where you could buy "race parts"?

The Mazdaspeed program is for people racing in Formula Mazda and Spec Miata.

heh.

they said the same thing about GTOs. kinda stupid... seeing as how the commercials for the car was entirely about "the new power of pontiac" and had clips of it powersliding into a parking space and such. they even made an entire movie about it titled "the last ride" starring dennis hopper.

they also said that ANY aftermarket part on the car will void the entire warranty.

so by their logic, if you blew a $.29 bulb and replaced it with a non delco bulb, there goes your bumper to bumper warranty.

we fought about this for a loooooong time.

Porsche will on certain models.

HA! Like what? The GT3/RS or GT2? Do some reading on the Porsche fanboy forums and you'll find out how 'inclusive' Porsche's warranty is. Especially those $15,000 PCCB's.

Well, technically, the Mazdaspeed program pretty much extends to any form of racing you can think of. They sponsor Spec Miata and Formula Mazda, but just offer contingency money for anything else.

I'm actually a little surprised by this, I've heard GM was actually quite good about warrantying even track abused cars. I have to wonder if some memo has been passed out in recent history thanks to them being pretty much broke.

Porsche will on certain models.

BMW will/has as well. In fact I talked to a guy while in Malibu who had a dealership nearly deny his claim warranty claim because he had aftermarket coil overs. One of the BMW higher ups happened to be there, saw the BMWCCA stickers and said "warranty it."

Mazdacomp will give discounts (upto 60%) on parts if they can prove they race their car in a timed event at least twice a year. That, AFAIK goes for ANY Mazda. Miata and RX7 guys both take advantage of it.

http://www.carforums.net/showthread.php?t=70269
Welcome to the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1. This bulletin is intended to provide the Dealership Service Staff with important information needed to properly service this vehicle.

(...)

General Motors designed and produced the ZR1 be driven on the roads. While the car is capable of awesome displays of power and speed it was not designed to be "raced". All of the restrictions that are currently in place for all of GM?s products are in place on the ZR1 as well. There are several notations in the warranty booklets that explain that GM may deny warranty coverage if the vehicle or part has failed due to abuse, neglect, improper or insufficient maintenance or modifications not approved by GM. This includes common "upgrades" customers may make such as wheels, tires, suspension, brakes, air induction and engine calibrations. Please ensure this is covered with the owner when the vehicle is delivered. The ZR1 will perform well in a track environment; however, it was not designed, built or sold as a "track car." If an owner elects to use the car in such a manner, it is outside the intent of the warranty as supplied by General Motors and any damage as a result may not be covered by the GM warranty. Explaining this to a customer before the car is sold may prevent misunderstandings later.

P.S.: I am aware that this part is about the Corvette ZR-1 and not the Z06, but I think it's relevant for all models.

What is it exactly different about "the track" from any other road? Are there evil engine-exploding spirits? Whats that all about. So they would replace it if the guy blew it up doing donuts in an ASDA car park? Hypocrisy.

Anyway, it looks like there's a new breed of "performance" cars out there, all show and no go. It can do claimed time, but only about once or so, if you're lucky. In ye olden days you could turbocharge the living shit out of your 50 grand jap box, and it would still go forever :D vtec just kicked in yo

Last edited:
What is it exactly different about "the track" from any other road? Are there evil engine-exploding spirits? Whats that all about.

The track isn't normal wear on your engine, therefore, not properly maintaining your car.

So they would replace it if the guy blew it up doing donuts in an ASDA car park? Hypocrisy.

No. Unless you lied, then they'd likely check the computers and see that you lied, then tell you no.

They honor your warranty after you blow a motor on the track, as long as you get the blown motor maintenanced afterwards?

:p

From what I heard (mind you this is not confirmed) Nissan will honor factory warranty on the GT-R if it is raced as long as after every track day you take it to the dealer for after race maintenance.
No. Unless you lied, then they'd likely check the computers and see that you lied, then tell you no.
So what if I blow the engine going top speed on the Autobahn or the Isle of Man roads (no speed limits outside of villages if we believe TG)? In either case I could be reaching high speeds quickly and not shifting up till the redline or even revving the engine for long periods of time. Track driving is really no different from street driving you can rev the hell out of the engine on the streets just as well as on the track and you will never convince me that keeping the engine close to redline while driving is abuse. If it can't handle revving that high it should have a rev limiter lower....

Last edited:
From what I heard (mind you this is not confirmed) Nissan will honor factory warranty on the GT-R if it is raced as long as after every track day you take it to the dealer for after race maintenance.

I was trying to make a joke. lol

What I mean is, Nissan won't void your warranty if you take your car to the track, so long as you get the required maintenance done after each track day.

But what happens if you're racing at the track and blow up your motor? You can't exactly get the maintenance done on a destroyed engine, can you? Will Nissan honor the warranty if you blew up while racing?

Engines don't "blow up." Parts will fail and incur damage to other parts, but they don't just 'explode'. If you read the fine print in any warranty, they will bar the use of the car from any form of competitive use or intentional misuse.

Engines don't "blow up." Parts will fail and incur damage to other parts, but they don't just 'explode'.

Of course, but what maintenance can they do on a car that won't even start because it seized up from something. I suppose they could change the oil. Maybe flush the transmission. I think the Nissan warranty maintenance thing is more for other parts of the car that managed to survive the track day. If they survived and a Nissan tech looks over the car while performing the maintenance and determines it's in good condition, then they'll cover anything that breaks after you drive off the lot, but prior to your next track day.

I seriously doubt Nissan would have honored the warranty either, if this guy was driving a GT-R instead of a Z06. If it breaks on a race track, you'll probably be screwed no matter when car you're driving.

Unless you lie your ass off. :mrgreen:

So what if I blow the engine going top speed on the Autobahn or the Isle of Man roads (no speed limits outside of villages if we believe TG)?
Except we don't have the Autobahn, or an Isle of Man in America... so, it's kind of a moot point. If we did, it would be a little different, methinks. :p

And even following your argument: okay, say I went everywhere using just my first three gears... and then something breaks in either my transmission or my engine because it's revving so hard all the time. The dealership is gonna survey the damage, and go "wow, this is really abused." You think their first suspicion is going to be "oh, he must not be using any gear above third"? No, they're going to come back and ask what track I went to.

No car manufacturer will ever cover anything if you make a claim with the statement "_______ broke while on the track." Serves the idiot right for even mentioning it.

so basically what your saying is that lying will get you everywhere you need to be in life and that when corrupt rules are abroad you should just one up a asshole with another asshole move?

so basically what your saying is that lying will get you everywhere you need to be in life and that when corrupt rules are abroad you should just one up a asshole with another asshole move?
So what you're saying is that you should incriminate yourself immediately as soon as you walk through the door? They're going to find out one way or another if it's through abuse fault or mechanical fault, so why should you help them out?

All he had to do was walk in the door, say "my car isn't working", and that would have been the end of it on his end.

Last edited:
So what you're saying is that you should incriminate yourself immediately as soon as you walk through the door? They're going to find out one way or another if it's through abuse fault or mechanical fault, so why should you help them out?

All he had to do was walk in the door, say "my car isn't working", and that would have been the end of it on his end.

And their first question is going to be: "What were you doing when it happened?"