View Poll Results: I've seen this episode and I'd rate it a...

Voters
385. You must log in to vote in this poll

42 10.91%

123 31.95%

107 27.79%

73 18.96%

18 4.68%

11 2.86%

5 1.30%

3 0.78%

1 0.26%

2 0.52%
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: [15x03] July 11th, 2010

Previously known as efoolution Interrobang's Avatar
    Another very good episode. The 3 car roadtest was done very well, Studio segments were good, I even watched both SIARPC and liked them. Putting the E63 in a comparrison with a Camaro ... at first I was gonna complain about this, but the sheer stupidity behind even atempting a comparrison made me laugh half the review. That really was "ambitious but rubbish" on purpose - failing to review and compare ... but winning with stunning sound and visuals. The news were pretty good too.
    In comparrison with last week it didn´t have that much moments in wich I had to start laughing loud ... but on a more "normal" level with less cocking about, I think this one worked bloddy well. 9/10

I have to say, Series wise ... what (I think it was) Wilman wrote in the blog (or was it an interview?) about cutting back on the scripted stuff and going back to a more natural feel even at the risk of some jokes not being A-grade, really pays off. These two last episodes beat every episode of last series (the excellent special not included) out of the water. After a bit of a decline from my ideal "TopGear Flavor" in the last years, this is starting to look promising.

beautiful language - milk&water - baseball vs. football - best god in show

Car(s)
    Coming soon...
    9/10

Loved the episode, i finally feel that the spirit of Top Gear is coming back.

But please stop being so sore and analytic about everything they do, it wasn't that bad in this episode.
    Same level as season 7,8 and 9 ish...

BTW stop slamming Clarksons trouser thing, he had to cover up the blue parts ^^
    Too bad he didn't explain it in the incar cam, some people might think "he accidentally stuck his legs together with tape"

Watch closely as he gets in and out, a lot of tape missing around that area, probably ran out

Car(s)
    MX-5 (Miata)
    9/10 from here ... once again, it just feels like Top Gear.

Oh and about Camaro/"Camero".....

The name of the vehicle is spelled C-A-M-A-R-O. Camaro. Always has been, always will be.

However, it's pronounced cuh-MEHR-oh.

That's what the announcer said on the very first commercial I saw for it back in late '66/early '67 and it's been that way ever since. That's how I pronounced the name of my 1983 Camaro, yes, the one that began rusting out six months after delivery.

And yes, that was my last GM car.

Hello,

weirdly, I don't understand some of what they are saying this episode (didn't have as many accoustic problems for years now it feels). Here is the piece I don't get, plz. would somebody so nice as to shed some light on the matter?

1. ginger interview, 39:46 Jeremy: "So you weren't nursing the sammy?"

Thanks!

Car(s)
    XJ Jeep, Volvo 142s, Manx Buggy, AE82 Corolla
    Quote Originally Posted by greekus View Post
    [*]ginger interview, 39:46 Jeremy: "So you weren't nursing the sammy?"[/LIST]

Thanks!
    Hahahaha! To the rescue!

What Jeremy actually said "So, were you nursing a semi?" Semi being is short for a 'semi-erection'. sooooo, in essence he was asking....

"So, were you hiding half a mongrel?"

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Icedvovo; July 16th, 2010 at 11:29 PM.

I LUV MY PRIUS!!! the Interceptor's Avatar
    Car(s)
    Beetle 2.0 TDI
    Quote Originally Posted by greekus View Post

1. ginger interview, 39:46 Jeremy: "So you weren't nursing the sammy?"
    http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...nursing+a+semi
    Last edited by the Interceptor; July 16th, 2010 at 10:42 PM.

If you're going to stick your dick in crazy then make sure you know where all the exits are
    - MWF

Car(s)
    Fifth Gear briefly showed the camera rig employed to shoot the Mercedes McLaren. I'll wager it was the same one that shot the Camaro and Merc for TopGear. Either that, or Wilman and Co have just bought or made their own.

I WANT ONE TOO!!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by drop24 View Post
    What does the offspring of a ginger woman and an african chap look like? That's not going to be a good look will it?
    This was supposed to be sarcastic but obviously was offensive to some so I apologize. Why is it so acceptable to put down people born with red hair and freckled skin in the UK?

A very good episode. This is looking as though it'll shape up to be a solid series. I'll give this one a 9, though it's not as good of a 9 as 15 X 02.

Car(s)
    1994 Land Rover Discovery
    Right I've been away on holiday for a week and was in the pub last week watching the WC final (sorry) so I've just watched it. I was expecting quite a poor episode after hearing what Clarkson had said but I thought it was fantastic. The first half of the super saloon video felt like proper old TG without much messing about, the guests were good even though I hate Harry Potter, Hammond's review of the muscle cars was interesting and while there was a lot of cocking about in the second part of the saloon video it still came across well for me. I felt very uncomfortable for Richard though when he was driving the groom.

Much better than I was expecting, looking forward to tomorrow's episode.

Car(s)
    Honda Accord 2.2 i-Dtec Sport Estate.Hyundai Ix20
    I echo Jay 100% - wedding was bad bad bad sorry.

7/10

Quote Originally Posted by drop24 View Post
    Why is it so acceptable to put down people born with red hair and freckled skin in the UK?
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/magazine/6725653.stm

It goes back to old superstitions (people with red/ginger hair were considered "the devil's children") and dissing the Irish.

Quote Originally Posted by Blind_Io
    Comic Sans is the font of Satan.

Quote Originally Posted by juanma View Post
    I came to write on the board just to say this same thing, great ep as well, but I didn't really hear what Ruebens was saying because of her...
    Glad someone agreed with me

Car(s)
    Audi A5, Ducati M796
    Definitely enjoyed it, finally TG went back to cars. It also felt very refreshing to see them excited about cars again and the wedding was a bit overdone, but hey, at least it got some laughs.

Good SIARPC! Now they need to bring Emma Watson on the show.
    Last edited by pepitko; July 18th, 2010 at 11:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Austere View Post
    [url=http://www.armedcats.net/image/view/STPfwycH3k3blTTR]

Here's the deal: When I said he was 14 I was joking. Clearly. I mean, if he were 14 he wouldn't even be old enough to drive the reasonably priced car in the first place. I guessed his age by taking a quick glance at him. He looked about 17, 18... maybe 19, somewhere around there. I said I skipped the segment because I figured he would be boring. Maybe he isn't. Maybe he's the most fascinating guy in the world but I didn't care enough to find out. The interviews, as I explained, are usually light-weight fluff to fill a gap between the other segments. Even if he were interesting I didn't expect his interview to be. I'm not interested in the Harry Potter movies and I don't want to rub Vicks vaporub into his chest and cuddle him and read bedtime stories to him like LindenChase does and I don't have a lame crush on him and wish he were my boyfriend like you do. I don't know what the hell is the matter with warren but I imagine that no one does... Anyway, to me, Rupert Grint is just some boring celebrity from a big movie franchise. He's sort of a nobody to me. I don't mean that to sound hateful. I don't hate him, he's just not the least bit interesting to me. He's like that guy from Twilight or that other guy, the singer... what's his name... the one with the hair. I just don't care about them. They're the kinds of people that make me change the channel when they come on.

Sometimes the guest is a person that I've never heard of before but there'll be something about them that's engaging and makes me want to watch and listen. Rupert Grint wasn't one of those people. I dismissed him as little more than a boring actor from a popular series of children's films that I'm not a fan of. What did I call him that's upset you all so much? Boring? Ginger-haired? Loser? He is those things for fuck sake!

Really, it was a very small part of my overall post and I still maintain that it's desperatly lame of all of you to be personally offended on his behalf over a throw-away line from a stranger on the internet.

You're all cool though... and you didn't sink to my level and call me a loser who'll never get laid.
    x10

Couldn't agree with this post more, well said Austere

Car(s)
    I've now watched this 10 times or more, and I reckon the Camaro Benz film was the most beautiful piece of film that TopGear have ever done. Bar none. Full Stop. Not a great story, granted, but simply stunning to look at.

The overhead Pursuit Camera Vehicle work was absolutely astonishing. I now aspire to whole a new level of cinematography that I can't afford. You bastards.

Car(s)
    2003 Honda Accord LX
    Just watched 6x08 as it was on BBCA. Funny how when comparing the Crossfire, TT, and 350z in that episode they disqualified the Merc CLK because it was 7000 pounds more than the Crossfire. Seems like things changed when they compare the E63 and the Camaro

Car(s)
    Ferrari F430 - I wish
    The cinematography in the mercedes vs camaro segment was really truly amazing. I think Top Gear should maybe consider making a mock action driving film.

I have only one thing to say about this episode: 40K in pounds for a Camaro? Going by exchange rates, that's getting close to what an M3 goes for here in the states. Yet another example of GM's completely ridiculous UK pricing (70K pounds for a Z06? WTF?).

To our British friends, understand that the Camaro SS costs about $35-40K loaded over here. Your typical first year electrician apprentice could afford one if he/she really wanted to. The V6 Camaro isn't much slower and costs less than a V6 Honda Accord. Adjust expectations accordingly.

Car(s)
    2006 Acura TL 6MT
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
    I have only one thing to say about this episode: 40K in pounds for a Camaro? Going by exchange rates, that's getting close to what an M3 goes for here in the states. Yet another example of GM's completely ridiculous UK pricing (70K pounds for a Z06? WTF?).

To our British friends, understand that the Camaro SS costs about $35-40K loaded over here. Your typical first year electrician apprentice could afford one if he/she really wanted to. The V6 Camaro isn't much slower and costs less than a V6 Honda Accord. Adjust expectations accordingly.
    Keep in mind that UK prices include the 17.5% sales tax.

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread Information