Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 25

Thread: Audi Q8 Concept

  1. #1
    9gag reposting troll Pedrocas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 6th, 2008
    Location
    Setúbal, Portugal
    Posts
    6,090
    Car(s)
    Citroen ZX 1.4i Tonic
    Rep Power
    503

    Audi Q8 Concept



































    ____________________________

  2. #2
    DanRoM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 27th, 2009
    Location
    Ruhr Area, Germany
    Posts
    7,322
    Car(s)
    MX-5 ND, CBF1000 & two bikes
    Rep Power
    275
    A Q7 with only half a trunk?

  3. #3
    Blue Wheel Hipster IceBone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 14th, 2007
    Location
    Slovenistan
    Age
    32
    Posts
    26,481
    Car(s)
    2004 Audi A4 1.9 TDI
    Rep Power
    849
    If this starred in the new Cars movie, it would be very grumpy.
    ____________________________


    Final Gear around the world care package
    discussion | photos | spreadsheet | map


  4. #4
    Lupin_IV's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 23rd, 2008
    Location
    about 10 miles north of Carlisle, PA
    Age
    29
    Posts
    3,874
    Car(s)
    '84 Pontiac Parisienne, '93 Chevy Caprice
    Rep Power
    79
    Will FCA try to make them change the six vertical bars in the grille for looking too much like a Jeep?
    ____________________________
    Now with 70% less signature.

  5. #5
    Mitchi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 10th, 2012
    Location
    Lüneburg, Prussia
    Age
    22
    Posts
    4,321
    Car(s)
    '92 MX-5
    Rep Power
    89
    I'm not sure if that new Audi steering wheel design works.
    ____________________________

    Viva la Targa!

    "Anybody who accuses this of being a girl car, needs to get into a Miata or Fiata on a back road. This is the most fun you can have in a car - without a girl in it." - Jason Cammisa about the ND platform
    "Changing gear is a vital form of self-expression that I'm being denied." - Richard Hammond on the Gen 4 Clio RS
    "These cars remind us, what driving - and in a wider sense, what motoring is all about. It's about the sensation of controlling a machine - not the speed with which you cover ground." - Chris Harris on the Caterham Seven and the purity of driving

  6. #6
    JCE
    JCE is offline
    JCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12th, 2005
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,011
    Car(s)
    2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
    Rep Power
    45
    Omg that grille is both massive and hideous. I'm not sure what I think of it. Maybe I'll need to see one in the flesh.
    ____________________________
    2016 Dodge Charger R/T 8AT (aka Vladof)
    2014 Dodge Charger SE 8AT (aka Dirk) -- Traded
    2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
    Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCE View Post
    Best balance between performance per $$, comfort, road handling, and pure unadulterated joy of driving a pleasure symphony (aka V8). Yes, I just made that phrase up, pleasure symphony.

  7. #7
    TC
    TC is offline
    aka TomCat TC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 11th, 2005
    Location
    Arizona
    Age
    33
    Posts
    10,705
    Car(s)
    06 Si/85 Hilux
    Rep Power
    336
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBone View Post
    If this starred in the new Cars movie, it would be very grumpy.
    If Pixar ever makes a Mad Max Cars movie, this thing could make a good super villain.
    ____________________________

  8. #8
    laxmax613's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 20th, 2009
    Location
    Be'er Sheva, Israel
    Age
    23
    Posts
    3,997
    Car(s)
    Merkavim Mars
    Rep Power
    91
    i love the dashboard. they should take it out and put it in a car that isn't a knockoff X6.
    ____________________________

  9. #9
    Mr. Fedewhatever CrzRsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 6th, 2005
    Location
    Motor City, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,236
    Car(s)
    13 Ford Mustang GT,92 Mazda Miata,96 Jeep Cherokee
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by laxmax613 View Post
    i love the dashboard. they should take it out and put it in a car that isn't a knockoff X6.
    Knockoff X6? This thing is infinitely more usable without the sloping roof. I really like it some parallel universe where I'd prefer SUVs over wagons I'd consider this for a family hauler. As it stands right now though, I'm totally digging the gorgeous V90.
    ____________________________

    1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-



    Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

  10. #10
    Mrs. IceBone D-Fence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2nd, 2006
    Location
    'schland
    Posts
    9,475
    Car(s)
    E32 735i "Max", E36 328i Convertible "Moritz"
    Rep Power
    1066
    HEXAGONS EVERYWHERE!
    ____________________________
    Max (1986 E32 735i):
    Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):


    Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

  11. #11
    Grouchy Beemer Owner thomas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 17th, 2007
    Location
    near Stuttgart, or Texas when possible
    Age
    33
    Posts
    5,367
    Car(s)
    '00 M539, '94 Cadillac Fleetwood, '16 Focus Wagon
    Rep Power
    151
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzRsn View Post
    Knockoff X6? This thing is infinitely more usable without the sloping roof. I really like it some parallel universe where I'd prefer SUVs over wagons I'd consider this for a family hauler. As it stands right now though, I'm totally digging the gorgeous V90.
    ERr.. "without the sloping roof" ?!?? Well it might be less a continuous curve, but fucking hell look at the trunk end. That thing is maybe more usable for the rear seats (although some of those ugly fuckers like GLE-coupe and X6 allegedly are better than one would expect on the matter) but the trunk is equally useless for anything larger that protrudes above the glass line. Is it better looking than the beforementioned things? Yes, by far. Does it look like it is actually more useful? Not even a bit. 99.5% of those will never see more than 1, maybe 2 people in it, and for that they are all equally good, or bad. If you want actual usability, you don't buy shit like this.
    ____________________________





    Want to support the FinalGear Ringmeet? Feel free to donate! We'll make sure to put it to good use. Or buy more booze.


  12. #12
    XYZviper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 14th, 2005
    Location
    Lithuania
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,464
    Car(s)
    TOYOTA Yaris
    Rep Power
    50
    It looks small and doesn't get along with the A8 in styling, not elegant like it should be, the limo SUV.
    ____________________________
    http://picasaweb.google.com/xyzfotografija

  13. #13
    NecroJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12th, 2005
    Location
    San Francisco area, CA, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    18,258
    Car(s)
    2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
    Rep Power
    524
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas View Post
    ERr.. "without the sloping roof" ?!?? Well it might be less a continuous curve, but fucking hell look at the trunk end. That thing is maybe more usable for the rear seats (although some of those ugly fuckers like GLE-coupe and X6 allegedly are better than one would expect on the matter) but the trunk is equally useless for anything larger that protrudes above the glass line. Is it better looking than the beforementioned things? Yes, by far. Does it look like it is actually more useful? Not even a bit. 99.5% of those will never see more than 1, maybe 2 people in it, and for that they are all equally good, or bad. If you want actual usability, you don't buy shit like this.
    Oh, stop it. Is it a UPS box truck or a 80s Volvo? No. But it's also no X6.

    It's quite different. The X6 has a sloping roof with a decline that starts much sooner, and steeper. In the Q8, the roof stays flatter longer. And while the C-pillar is steep like the X6, the glass is actually much more deeply curved. giving more interior space.

    Even ignoring all of that, the Q8 is a larger vehicle, so even if it had the same roof, it starts out leading off the base. The same roof on each would still hold more/larger items in the Q8 even assuming everything else was the same.

    I took the side-on Q8 image, outlined it, and overlayed it over an X6. The Q8 is 6" longer than the X6, so admittedly that is an estimate here. I put their wheels on the ground...but again the X6's view was slightly lower, so I lowered the Q8's height a couple of clicks to try to even that out.

    ____________________________

    There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

  14. #14
    Mrs. IceBone D-Fence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2nd, 2006
    Location
    'schland
    Posts
    9,475
    Car(s)
    E32 735i "Max", E36 328i Convertible "Moritz"
    Rep Power
    1066
    It's the age of the ultra-SUVs. Bentley, Rolls, Audi & BMW are now pushing into that market, I assume Merc will follow soon.....





    (not finished)




    (almost finished)
    ____________________________
    Max (1986 E32 735i):
    Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):


    Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

  15. #15
    Mr. Fedewhatever CrzRsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 6th, 2005
    Location
    Motor City, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,236
    Car(s)
    13 Ford Mustang GT,92 Mazda Miata,96 Jeep Cherokee
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Fence View Post
    It's the age of the ultra-SUVs. Bentley, Rolls, Audi & BMW are now pushing into that market, I assume Merc will follow soon.....
    I wouldn't consider the Q8 and X7 as ulta-SUV competitors to Bentley and Rolls. They're actually behind the curve when compared to Merc, as they already has the GLS. The GLS550 starts at $93k in the US and tops out at $117k, and you want some more unf you can opt for the GLS63 which starts at 124k and fully loaded is $139k. Though if thats not enough they are going to do a GLS based Mercedes-Maybach which will be playing against the faux Brits http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/mer...n-2-years.html
    Last edited by CrzRsn; January 22nd, 2017 at 9:36 PM.
    ____________________________

    1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-



    Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

  16. #16
    Mrs. IceBone D-Fence's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2nd, 2006
    Location
    'schland
    Posts
    9,475
    Car(s)
    E32 735i "Max", E36 328i Convertible "Moritz"
    Rep Power
    1066
    True, Bentley and Rolls are in a league of their own, then again, them doing SUVs shows how the market shifts....

    The GLS was a horrible horrible car (suprised that still exists), it didn't sell at all in Europe due to the atrocious build quality, which is why I left it out

    I mean, even VW is kind of hopping on the bandwagon with their Atlas SUV thing:

    Last edited by D-Fence; January 23rd, 2017 at 7:00 AM.
    ____________________________
    Max (1986 E32 735i):
    Moritz (1998 E36 328i Convertible):


    Owner of "Best Car" and "Best Bavarian Car" Award winner at Ringmeet 2015

  17. #17
    Mr. Fedewhatever CrzRsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 6th, 2005
    Location
    Motor City, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,236
    Car(s)
    13 Ford Mustang GT,92 Mazda Miata,96 Jeep Cherokee
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzRsn View Post
    I wouldn't consider the Q8 and X7 as ulta-SUV competitors to Bentley and Rolls. They're actually behind the curve when compared to Merc, as they already has the GLS. The GLS550 starts at $93k in the US and tops out at $117k, and you want some more unf you can opt for the GLS63 which starts at 124k and fully loaded is $139k. Though if thats not enough they are going to do a GLS based Mercedes-Maybach which will be playing against the faux Brits http://www.carscoops.com/2017/01/mer...n-2-years.html
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Fence View Post
    True, Bentley and Rolls are in a league of their own, then again, them doing SUVs shows how the market shifts....

    The GLS was a horrible horrible car (suprised that still exists), it didn't sell at all in Europe due to the atrocious build quality, which is why I left it out
    So it turns out the Maybach isn't going to be GLS based, but rather something... errr... different...

    http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/thi...bach-g650.html
    ____________________________

    1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-



    Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

  18. #18
    NecroJoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12th, 2005
    Location
    San Francisco area, CA, USA
    Age
    37
    Posts
    18,258
    Car(s)
    2015 Mazda 3 S GT, 2015 VW e-Golf
    Rep Power
    524
    ____________________________

    There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

  19. #19
    JCE
    JCE is offline
    JCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 12th, 2005
    Location
    Little Elm, Texas
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,011
    Car(s)
    2016 Dodge Charger RT / 2015 Jeep Renegade
    Rep Power
    45
    Quote Originally Posted by CrzRsn View Post
    So it turns out the Maybach isn't going to be GLS based, but rather something... errr... different...

    http://www.carscoops.com/2017/02/thi...bach-g650.html
    Utterly pointless.
    ____________________________
    2016 Dodge Charger R/T 8AT (aka Vladof)
    2014 Dodge Charger SE 8AT (aka Dirk) -- Traded
    2015 Jeep Renegade Latitude 2.4L 4x2 9AT (aka Boop)

    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchi View Post
    Damn Panamera you fine as hell send nudes
    Quote Originally Posted by JCE View Post
    Best balance between performance per $$, comfort, road handling, and pure unadulterated joy of driving a pleasure symphony (aka V8). Yes, I just made that phrase up, pleasure symphony.

  20. #20
    Mr. Fedewhatever CrzRsn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 6th, 2005
    Location
    Motor City, Michigan
    Age
    27
    Posts
    15,236
    Car(s)
    13 Ford Mustang GT,92 Mazda Miata,96 Jeep Cherokee
    Rep Power
    422
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroJoe View Post
    That was my first reaction too. That said, if I ever somehow get fuck-you money (a billion or so), I will get myself one of these, a G63 6x6, a G63 4.42, and that G65 4.42 Cabrio.

    Working in the G-wagen group must be fun. It seems like they have no limits to what they're allowed to do.
    ____________________________

    1997 Audi A6 Avant 2.8 quattro - 12/2006-04/2007 - Totaled
    2005 Audi TT 1.8T quattro - 07/2012-11/2012 - Traded
    2013 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 - 11/2012-
    1992 Mazda Miata 1.6 - 03/2013-
    1996 Jeep Cherokee 4.0 - 12/2014-



    Twitter/Instagram: @SeenOnWoodward

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Concept: Audi Q2 concept
    By Pedrocas in forum Automotive News / Spy Shots / Concepts / Rumor Mill
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: January 11th, 2014, 9:02 PM
  2. Concept: Audi A3 Sedan Concept
    By Pedrocas in forum Automotive News / Spy Shots / Concepts / Rumor Mill
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: March 8th, 2011, 10:56 AM
  3. Audi R8 e-tron concept
    By nsx_23 in forum Automotive News / Spy Shots / Concepts / Rumor Mill
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: September 17th, 2009, 12:51 AM
  4. New Audi Design Concept
    By Jacobfox in forum Automotive News / Spy Shots / Concepts / Rumor Mill
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: May 6th, 2009, 6:41 AM
  5. Audi R-zero concept
    By Devon in forum Automotive News / Spy Shots / Concepts / Rumor Mill
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: August 12th, 2006, 2:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •