Breaking News: H2s fall apart, water still wet.

I still think the H2 is too much of a Tahoe. I mean the interior is still as hopeless as all the other old GM SUVs. The only H2 in my area has huge rims on it and some speakers on the boot. Offroader? I think not. Poser's car the H2.

Blind_Io said:
Ianspeed said:
Quite a few people take their Subaru's offroad too. Hell, I took my Rx-7 offroading once ...

No you didn't. There is no way for an RX-7 to do anything on an unimproved surface, it had to at least be graded and therefore it's called an "improved dirt/gravel road" Offroading means unimproved surfaces, and that means high clearance and in most cases 4wd and a low range gear box. I don't know what you did, but it wasn't offroading.

Sure I did. Not all open space areas are rock strewn trenches. :D We're just talking about two different things. My point is that the H2 has about the same abilities as just about any other vehicle designed for street driving in offroad situations.

Besides, any of the offroad hobbiests you're talking about would be modding the heck out of a jeep or Toyota or Land Rover to make it a rock crawler. . . does a H2 even have a compound drive? Or a whinch?

I'll be glad to see this latest trend of penis extension SUV's die off a quick death. Those H3 adds make me sick.

This is the only time you will hear me say, burn H2!!!

I hate those things. At least a Tahoe or Yukon have usability.

Ianspeed said:
Blind_Io said:
Ianspeed said:
Quite a few people take their Subaru's offroad too. Hell, I took my Rx-7 offroading once ...

No you didn't. There is no way for an RX-7 to do anything on an unimproved surface, it had to at least be graded and therefore it's called an "improved dirt/gravel road" Offroading means unimproved surfaces, and that means high clearance and in most cases 4wd and a low range gear box. I don't know what you did, but it wasn't offroading.

Sure I did. Not all open space areas are rock strewn trenches. :D We're just talking about two different things. My point is that the H2 has about the same abilities as just about any other vehicle designed for street driving in offroad situations.

Besides, any of the offroad hobbiests you're talking about would be modding the heck out of a jeep or Toyota or Land Rover to make it a rock crawler. . . does a H2 even have a compound drive? Or a whinch?

I'll be glad to see this latest trend of penis extension SUV's die off a quick death. Those H3 adds make me sick.

There are "soft roaders" commonly called "Grass & Gravel" by Top Gear, and then there are propper off road machines, which are becomming scarce. The Land Cruiser, 4Runner, Range Rover Defender, and Jeep Wrangler Rubicon are about all that's left for propper offroading, all of which are more capable than the H2 and can drive over things a street car would only run in to.

^^ absolutely correct, and a Quattro car is a more capable on grass, snow, ice and gravel than a H2 etc :lol:

The H2 does have a couple things going for it. Mainly tires, it comes stock with 34" and clearance for them. It also has pretty good approach and depart angles and ground clearance, for a stock SUV. Unfortunately, it has IFS which sucks on any dedicated off-roader. The H2 also has crappy gears for rock crawling. And it's big, bulky, and heavy.

TomCat said:
The H2...has IFS which sucks on any dedicated off-roader. The H2 also has crappy gears for rock crawling. And it's big, bulky, and heavy.

Independant front suspension?

You mean like on the H1. The millitary super jeep? :roll:

Ianspeed said:
TomCat said:
The H2...has IFS which sucks on any dedicated off-roader. The H2 also has crappy gears for rock crawling. And it's big, bulky, and heavy.

Independant front suspension?

You mean like on the H1. The millitary super jeep? :roll:
The H1 has the king of independent suspension systems, which is why it costs $20,000 more then a 997 911 Turbo. The suspension on the H1 probably costs more then an entire H2.

But the H1 really isn't very great for rock crawling.