FR VAG/Bugatti concept?

Leonidae

car_photo_220963_5.jpg

Audi-esque rear, Bugatti-ish proportions, long hood, huge rims.. Bugatti FR model mayhaps? Image is from AutoExpress.

100% Photoshop BS

If you could point me towards the typical photoshop flaws that you are finding that I seem not able to see (I'm usually pretty good at things like that).

Otherwise, I will say that it is silly for anyone to think that whatever vehicle this may become will look anything like this picture. It is obviously a test mule, if it is not a photoshop as fbc claims.

It does indeed look like a remarkably ugly test mule.

I'd put (a very small amount of) money on it being an A8 with a big engine or an A7 coupe thing.

It does indeed look like a remarkably ugly test mule.

I'd put (a very small amount of) money on it being an A8 with a big engine or an A7 coupe thing.

The A7 is supposed to be based on the A6... :?

a link to the original article would surely be helpful.

here's the text from the article..

Secret supercar is go

Guesses about the production mule?s real identity were varied, with suggestions ranging from a small Bugatti to a Bentley-badged rival to the Ferrari F430. A new Audi A7 coup? was hinted at, and there was even mention of a possible Volkswagen supercar!

But whatever the true origin of the mystery machine, there are a number of tell-tale signs which indicate that it?s very significant. Starting at the nose, the widened track suggests that excellent handling will be a top priority for engineers during the car?s development process. keeping the powerplant cool will be, too ? that is, if it is even located under the bonnet! Additional vents cut into the wings supplement the already large radiator grille at the front.

Thick sills hint at an enormously stiff chassis, while the disguised rear end appears to feature air intakes that could perhaps cool
a mid-mounted engine. Another possibility is that the car is being tested with some sort of hybrid powertrain, with an electric motor propelling the rear wheels and a petrol unit driving those at the front.

It?s worth noting that the holes cut into both the wings, as well as the distinctive design of the alloy wheels, are reminiscent of those on Bentley?s Continental GT.

And a hybrid replacement for that car could help the luxury marque meet tough new CO2 emissions targets. These look set to be adopted by the EU, and will force auto manufacturers to cut average emissions to a mere 130g/km. At the moment, Bentley models are producing in the region of 440g/km.

thanks, so this is a real mule, not a photoshop?

i wouldn't put to much weight on its looks though, if its early in the design stage then they might just use anything as a body just to test the chassis. like those bmw mules that look like tanks. ;)

If you could point me towards the typical photoshop flaws that you are finding that I seem not able to see (I'm usually pretty good at things like that).

IMHO (and I'm far from a pro at picking these things), it just looks like a chop. Look under the front wheel (don't know why, but this but jumped out at me), where it meets the road, there's a section where there should be a shadow (right where those blades of grass overlay the tyre), but there isn't, it almost looks smudged. Compare it to the back wheel.

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/227/carphoto22096351pw8.jpg http://img339.imageshack.**/img339/4618/carphoto22096352kh7.jpg

Of course it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that I'm wrong - I'm just so used to magazines running photoshopped, imagined-up bullshit.

Last edited:
I think its a chop myself but I could be wrong. Still it just looks like an A8 coupe.

thanks, so this is a real mule, not a photoshop?

i wouldn't put to much weight on its looks though, if its early in the design stage then they might just use anything as a body just to test the chassis. like those bmw mules that look like tanks. ;)

yeah test mules are cool because they are like a hodge podge of spare parts lol.... remember the enzo test mule? i cant even remember what ferrari it was...was it a 512 or something with a enzo v12 and suspension shoe horned in? and it had alsorts of after thought air scoops and bits blanked off. not pretty machines...but very cool machines.

IMHO (and I'm far from a pro at picking these things), it just looks like a chop. Look under the front wheel (don't know why, but this but jumped out at me), where it meets the road, there's a section where there should be a shadow (right where those blades of grass overlay the tyre), but there isn't, it almost looks smudged. Compare it to the back wheel.

http://img292.imageshack.**/img292/227/carphoto22096351pw8.jpg http://img339.imageshack.**/img339/4618/carphoto22096352kh7.jpg

Of course it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that I'm wrong - I'm just so used to magazines running photoshopped, imagined-up bullshit.
looks weird indeed.

Have you seen the mules for the new "NSX " (although I hate calling it that since it won't be anything like the NSX)? It's just an S200o with extra chassis and body work. It' s pretty funny looking, though, and looks like it would fit in well with this car.

WorldCarFans.com has it pegged as the VW Phaeton Cabrio Coupe. It is a test mule for some type of lovechild in the VAG Umbrella of Brands. So lawyers can put their pens down but the rest of us can only guess what exactly will come of it. To put the photoshop thing to rest here is another photo there are more floating about.

http://img516.imageshack.**/img516/3707/6070717001mini5ltf7.jpg

I would not venture a guess as that the camo is so thick. Although that should be true of those who say a car is ugly before they see it in the metal.

I would not venture a guess as that the camo is so thick. Although that should be true of those who say a car is ugly before they see it in the metal.

I think it looks cool, I agree with the above who said mule's are cool. I think they're much cooler than the production model just because you can see them trying to get it just right.

It looks like they just took random parts from all the VW brands and took them together. If they really did that it looks amazingly well ;)

It looks like it has the lines and proportions of an aircraft carrier, like the RR Phantom. So maybe some uber-luxury Bugatti cruiser designed for the "rich arab" types?