Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FR VAG/Bugatti concept?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    FR VAG/Bugatti concept?



    Audi-esque rear, Bugatti-ish proportions, long hood, huge rims.. Bugatti FR model mayhaps? Image is from AutoExpress.

    #2
    If that is anything other than a Audi, someone will get sued.

    Comment


      #3
      100% Photoshop BS

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by fbc View Post
        100% Photoshop BS
        If you could point me towards the typical photoshop flaws that you are finding that I seem not able to see (I'm usually pretty good at things like that).

        Otherwise, I will say that it is silly for anyone to think that whatever vehicle this may become will look anything like this picture. It is obviously a test mule, if it is not a photoshop as fbc claims.

        Comment


          #5
          It does indeed look like a remarkably ugly test mule.

          I'd put (a very small amount of) money on it being an A8 with a big engine or an A7 coupe thing.
          ...I'm meant to put something here?

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by teeb View Post
            It does indeed look like a remarkably ugly test mule.

            I'd put (a very small amount of) money on it being an A8 with a big engine or an A7 coupe thing.
            The A7 is supposed to be based on the A6...

            Comment


              #7
              a link to the original article would surely be helpful.

              Comment


                #8
                It's a pimpmobile!

                Comment


                  #9

                  Comment


                    #10
                    thanks, so this is a real mule, not a photoshop?

                    i wouldn't put to much weight on its looks though, if its early in the design stage then they might just use anything as a body just to test the chassis. like those bmw mules that look like tanks.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by YF19pilot View Post
                      If you could point me towards the typical photoshop flaws that you are finding that I seem not able to see (I'm usually pretty good at things like that).
                      IMHO (and I'm far from a pro at picking these things), it just looks like a chop. Look under the front wheel (don't know why, but this but jumped out at me), where it meets the road, there's a section where there should be a shadow (right where those blades of grass overlay the tyre), but there isn't, it almost looks smudged. Compare it to the back wheel.



                      Of course it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that I'm wrong - I'm just so used to magazines running photoshopped, imagined-up bullshit.
                      Last edited by fbc; July 29th, 2007, 10:03 PM.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        I think its a chop myself but I could be wrong. Still it just looks like an A8 coupe.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by ryosuke View Post
                          thanks, so this is a real mule, not a photoshop?

                          i wouldn't put to much weight on its looks though, if its early in the design stage then they might just use anything as a body just to test the chassis. like those bmw mules that look like tanks.
                          yeah test mules are cool because they are like a hodge podge of spare parts lol.... remember the enzo test mule? i cant even remember what ferrari it was...was it a 512 or something with a enzo v12 and suspension shoe horned in? and it had alsorts of after thought air scoops and bits blanked off. not pretty machines...but very cool machines.
                          Transport History:
                          96' Ford Ka 1.3
                          02' Ford Focus 1.4 CL
                          03' Skoda Superb 1.9 TDi + 06' Honda Civic ES 1.8 i-Vtec

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Originally posted by fbc View Post
                            IMHO (and I'm far from a pro at picking these things), it just looks like a chop. Look under the front wheel (don't know why, but this but jumped out at me), where it meets the road, there's a section where there should be a shadow (right where those blades of grass overlay the tyre), but there isn't, it almost looks smudged. Compare it to the back wheel.



                            Of course it's entirely possible (and perhaps very likely) that I'm wrong - I'm just so used to magazines running photoshopped, imagined-up bullshit.
                            looks weird indeed.

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Have you seen the mules for the new "NSX " (although I hate calling it that since it won't be anything like the NSX)? It's just an S200o with extra chassis and body work. It' s pretty funny looking, though, and looks like it would fit in well with this car.
                              There is no such thing as a stupid question.* *but there are a lot of inquisitive idiots.

                              Comment


                                #16
                                WorldCarFans.com has it pegged as the VW Phaeton Cabrio Coupe. It is a test mule for some type of lovechild in the VAG Umbrella of Brands. So lawyers can put their pens down but the rest of us can only guess what exactly will come of it. To put the photoshop thing to rest here is another photo there are more floating about.



                                I would not venture a guess as that the camo is so thick. Although that should be true of those who say a car is ugly before they see it in the metal.

                                Comment


                                  #17
                                  Originally posted by Momentum57 View Post
                                  I would not venture a guess as that the camo is so thick. Although that should be true of those who say a car is ugly before they see it in the metal.
                                  I think it looks cool, I agree with the above who said mule's are cool. I think they're much cooler than the production model just because you can see them trying to get it just right.

                                  Comment


                                    #18
                                    Originally posted by Momentum57 View Post
                                    To put the photoshop thing to rest here is another photo there are more floating about.
                                    I stand corrected

                                    Comment


                                      #19
                                      It looks like they just took random parts from all the VW brands and took them together. If they really did that it looks amazingly well

                                      Comment


                                        #20
                                        It looks like it has the lines and proportions of an aircraft carrier, like the RR Phantom. So maybe some uber-luxury Bugatti cruiser designed for the "rich arab" types?

                                        Comment

                                        Working...
                                        X