2009/2010 Nissan GT-R V.Spec Spied

Avalange

Hello alltogether,

a report about the Nissan GT-R V-Spec just appeared on http://www.leftlanenews.com:

A spy photographer has snapped photos of what appears to be a prototype for Nissan's long-rumored, long-promised GT-R V-Spec. Caught as it was unloaded off a truck at Nissan's N?rburgring workshop, this test car has some visual differences from a standard GT-R. The visible changes are certainly subtle, and not as far-reaching as some had expected, but the differences are present nonetheless, suggesting that Nissan's GT-R ? which already leaves a Porsche 911 Turbo gasping in its wake ? is being prepped to be even more formidable.

Nissan has also set a sub-7 minute 25 second N?rburgring goal for the GT-R V-Spec ? 18 seconds faster than the current car.

Underhood, the GT-R V-Spec's turbocharged mill will see an increase in boost, raising output to 550 horsepower ? up from the standard GT-R's 480 horsepower. In addition to the power boost, the V-Spec will also shed 330 pounds.

This test car gets a revised front splitter, which sports some additional air intake slits, presumably to feed more cooling air to the brakes. New six-spoke wheels also house what appear to be a revised braking system. The golden Brembo brake calipers were an ever-present feature even on the first GT-R prototypes, but they're a no-show on this tester. Could we be looking at an upgraded ceramic composite braking system?

With a curb weight of 3,836 pounds, the GT-R is no featherweight. And while the standard GT-R obviously overcomes any weight penalty in heroic fashion, it's compelling to imagine a GT-R that's some 300-plus pounds lighter. The V-Spec is rumored to shave at least that much weight thanks to the use of carbon fiber body panels, and other assorted techniques. The prototype photographed has a portion of its rear wing blacked-out, suggesting it is one of the carbon fiber pieces that will make up the V-Spec package.

Once this GT-R is fully prepped for testing duty we hope to get a closer look to assess any other weight-saving steps Nissan may have taken.

spec-v-1.jpg

spec-v-2.jpg

spec-v-3.jpg

spec-v-5.jpg

spec-v-6.jpg

spec-v-7.jpg

Excellent. The Conquer of the Nissan GT-R continues.

PS: Don't get me wrong. I'm not one of those guys who think that the GT-R is the best car ever. I wouldn't prefer it to any Ferrari or a GT2 or a Lamborghini or a Zonda (or a Bugatti, or an R8 ....), but in its price range, it is unbeatable.

Edit: If the pics don't work, you can find them over at http://www.leftlanenews.com/nissan-gt-r-v-spec.html.

Last edited:
hmmm,

600hp sounds about right lol

It's still ugly. :(

In the motorcycle world, we thought the Suzuki Hayabusa was a really, really ugly motorcycle... until we discovered that that is what an affordable 212mph motorcycle looks like.

I think we're going to have a similar issue with the GT-R. :D

Sadly, yes

It'll go like a bastard but I still don't like its looks...

This from the guy that likes the oogly R8?

In the motorcycle world, we thought the Suzuki Hayabusa was a really, really ugly motorcycle... until we discovered that that is what an affordable 212mph motorcycle looks like.
There's also the B-King which looks a lot better. ;)
This from the guy that likes the oogly R8?
The R8 is pure sex on wheels!

This will be incredible. Yes it is ugly, and it does suffer from the annoying skyline fanboyism, but wow the new GT-R has certainly proven itself a fantastic car, can't wait.

How they managed to make all Skylines so fast is beyond me! :shock:

I think we're going to have a similar issue with the GT-R. :D

Great analogy!:lol:

Autoblog just reported this

The prototype Nissan GT-R V-Spec, wearing the "Victory Specification" designation reserved for the ultra high-performance Nissan GT-R, has been caught lapping the famed N?rburgring at an incredible, if not simply unbelievable, 7:25 per lap. This, according to bystanders trackside. (For comparison, Walter R?hrl lapped the Ring in 7:28 while driving a Porsche Carrera GT in 2004.)

In contrast to the standard Nissan GT-R, that made the run around the 'Ring in 7:38, the GT-R V-Spec has a new front splitter, modified rear spoiler, and different wheels. A more extensive use of carbon fiber has reportedly reduced the weight by upwards of 330 pounds. Of course, Nissan engineers also tweaked the twin-turbo powerplant for another 70 horses... or so.
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/04/08/nissan-gt-r-v-spec-lap-times-stun-observers/

A 7:25 is amazing.

more power and less weight, whats not to like?

got a winnah here!

The brakes definetly look carbon ceramic, might be one of the reasons for better time :)

The reported times seem impressive, but I will wait for official ones.