Weber Faster One: Faster & Uglier than the Veyron

The T34 was an American design (J. Walter Christie - yes, it's a development of the Christie BT tank and the M1928 before it) with an engine design from (depending on who you ask) a British dirigible or a German light tank.

Not a whole lot of it was actually Soviet engineering.

References:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Walter_Christie
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BT_tank

Well, at least you know your stuff about tanks :D

I see you want a fanboy war of epic proportions.

Quite unnecessary. Everyone who says he "thinks" something is better without having any firsthand experience, is not qualified for any kind of discussion.

It's like saying that he "thinks" Angelina Jolie is better in bed, than Jessica Alba: Completely pointless because he wouldn't get a hand on either of them.

Last edited:
Well you would have to think one is better than the other now wouldn't you? Or do you just not have an opinion on either car at all? Of course you must have driven them both. I do know that the Mclaren looks better, sounds better, and has a manual transmission. My point is, I think your point is totally stupid. :D

When it comes to cars I haven't driven yet, I have impressions, not opinions.

Opinions - at least those which are worth something - are always a result of knowledge and not of hearsay or belief.

Based on all reliable sources, my impression is that the Veyron is the better car. Surely better to drive and master, than the F1. The most vivid memories I have of the F1 are news articles reporting that yet another celebrity has wrecked one...

And the design thing is a matter of taste anyway. You will find people who think an Aston Martin DB9 is ugly, you will even find people who liked the movie "Battlefield Earth" (although that is more a lack of intelligence, than a lack of taste).

Discussing design issues is rather pointless, don't you think?

Last edited:
^^ duh!! celebrities SUCK at driving. we all know that :p

if given a choice b/w mclaren f1 and veyron, i would myself pick the F1. just because it looks better, it sounds better, its insane(twitchy) and hence its a proper supercar. veyron is for OLD peope who want to go fast in comfort :p

and YES, these are the impressions i got about the F1 and Veyron reading the reviews etc. HAH!

When it comes to cars I haven't driven yet, I have impressions, not opinions.

Opinions - at least those which are worth something - are always a result of knowledge and not of hearsay or belief.

Based on all reliable sources, my impression is that the Veyron is the better car. Surely better to drive and master, than the F1. The most vivid memories I have of the F1 are news articles reporting that yet another celebrity has wrecked one...

And the design thing is a matter of taste anyway. You will find people who think an Aston Martin DB9 is ugly, you will even find people who liked the movie "Battlefield Earth" (although that is more a lack of intelligence, than a lack of taste).

Discussing design issues is rather pointless, don't you think?

Why do opinions always have to be result of knowledge? You are being overly pedantic man! :lol: The F1 does more for me, it just "seems" more exciting, its completely un-compromised. It was also a very successful race car, it is more rare than the Veyron too. (only 100 were built) The power to weight ratio of the two cars is nearly identical, so I would love to see a race from around 40mph up to 150mph where the Veyron would surely pull away. The engine of the F1 is pure art, and it seems every single aspect of the car was perfected. In my original post I should have worded it: "I still like the Mclaren F1 better than the Veyron" to avoid OCD Germans I guess.

The two cars really are not comparable. One is a Supercar, and the other is a Super-grand-tourer. Its been said many times, but the Veyron is like Concorde, and the F1 is more like an F15. Concorde is definitely more comfortable and faster, but the F15 is doubtlessly more exciting.

I don't think the DB9 is ugly, but I don't think it looks that great either. I prefer the DB7 it replaced.

Last edited:
Why do opinions always have to be result of knowledge? You are being overly pedantic man! :lol:

Hey, I'm German! it's my job to be pedantic :D

The F1 does more for me, it just "seems" more exciting, its completely un-compromised.

The term "uncompromised" is used too often for my taste to describe cars that are simply not properly built for normal use on the road. The problem with uncompromised cars is that you only have limited time in them, before they drive you nuts or frighten the hell out of you.

But I admit that there probably is a difference how I perceive fast cars. I don't think in track time terms. Living in Germany, I can drive out of town, go on the next Autobahn, which is 10 minutes away, and give every car I have the beans for the next 100 km or so, because there is no speed limit at all.

So guess what comes to my mind when I imagine having a Bugatti Veyron on a peaceful summer Sunday morning at 5:00 am :mrgreen:

I put every car mentally in my summer Sunday morning scenario and think of how much fun I could have with it, without getting in danger of life, and the Veyron is the king of cars in that fantasy :)

Last edited:
i put mclaren f1 mentally in MY sunday morning trackday scenario and think of how much i fun could have with it, how much thrilling it would be, how much i would be going sideways using those rear wheels.. the grunt and shrill noise of that BMW engine in the middle.. for me mclaren f1 is the king of cars in that fantasy! :D

see you are old, 42, thats why u want something 'comfortable' and fast :p

Hey, I'm German! it's my job to be pedantic :D

The term "uncompromised" is used too often for my taste to describe cars that are simply not properly built for normal use on the road. The problem with uncompromised cars is that you only have limited time in them, before they drive you nuts or frighten the hell out of you.

But I admit that there probably is a difference how I perceive fast cars. I don't think in track time terms. Living in Germany, I can drive out of town, go on the next Autobahn, which is 10 minutes away, and give every car I have the beans for the next 100 km or so, because there is no speed limit at all.

So guess what comes to my mind when I imagine having a Bugatti Veyron on a peaceful summer Sunday morning at 5:00 am :mrgreen:

I put every car mentally in my summer Sunday morning scenario and think of how much fun I could have with it, without getting in danger of life, and the Veyron is the king of cars in that fantasy :)

There is an unpatroled and deserted country road about 2 mins from my house. Its my "test track" Theres only a speed limit if there is somebody to enforce it ;)

I don't quite think that can be compared, really... ;)