Rumour Mill: 2019 Ford Mustang GT500 to feature 5.2-liter supercharged V8

Redliner;n3542865 said:
That too, but also bore x stroke relation, firing order, flat and crossplane, etc...

There are many crossplane euro V8s so I was leaving that out of the conversation, and IIRC firing order is the same assuming its same plane type.

prizrak;n3542866 said:
There are many crossplane euro V8s so I was leaving that out of the conversation, and IIRC firing order is the same assuming its same plane type.

I know Ferraris, for example, are flat-plane and I I once read that the V8 in the GT40 had a differente firing order, but I am not sure...something about a Windsor firing order and a Cleveland firing order, but I don't remember the details from the top of my head, apart from being easier of the bearings or something.

Redliner;n3542879 said:
I know Ferraris, for example, are flat-plane and I I once read that the V8 in the GT40 had a differente firing order, but I am not sure...something about a Windsor firing order and a Cleveland firing order, but I don't remember the details from the top of my head, apart from being easier of the bearings or something.

Yeah exotics are typically flat plane, but like Audi or M5 I’m pretty sure is cross plane

First photos leaked

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/8NHosMR.jpg"}[/IMG2]

:p

Last edited:
Honestly, that's an improvement over the new fish mouth front end they currently have.

That... kind of works for me, for some reason. It's like a fried egg sandwich with chili sauce and chutney - literally everything about it is wrong, but somehow it works.

Did Dave Lister head up the design team?

prizrak;n3547106 said:
You realize it's just an F150 grill + lights on the S550.5 front end right?

Yes, that's the funny bit. It looks better with a truck grille. ;)

prizrak;n3547106 said:
You realize it's just an F150 grill + lights on the S550.5 front end right?

Yes, I realize that. Despite it being a joke and a photoshop, there is something a bit appealing about the brutishness of it.

Indeed. It has presence and it kinda reminds me of the old brute mustangs (Boss 429s and whathaveyou)

@CrzRsn , take notes if you're gauging interest :p