Head of Ford North America to step down due to "inappropriate behavior"

Blind_Io

"Be The Match" Registered
DONOR
Car(s)
See signature
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/21/ford-north-america-president-raj-nair-is-leaving-the-company.html

Ford's North America president Raj Nair is leaving the company, effective immediately.

The announcement follows an internal investigation into reports of inappropriate behavior, Ford said Wednesday. The inquiry determined "certain behavior by Nair was inconsistent with the company's code of conduct."

"We made this decision after a thorough review and careful consideration," said Ford President and CEO Jim Hackett. "Ford is deeply committed to providing and nurturing a safe and respectful culture and we expect our leaders to fully uphold these values."

Shares of the second largest US automaker were flat in after hours trading. Ford said it would announce a replacement in the near future.

Nair had been President of Ford North America since Jul. 1. He had previously been head of global product development and chief technical officer.

"I sincerely regret that there have been instances where I have not exhibited leadership behaviors consistent with the principles that the Company and I have always espoused," Nair said. "I continue to have the utmost faith in the people of Ford Motor Company and wish them continued success in the future."

Wonder what would cause immediate removal.

93Flareside;n3546483 said:
Wonder what would cause immediate removal.

In today's ultra sensitive climate literally anything.

I don't know man, if it was some PC nonsense it would be all over the news (because gotta get those clicks). This seems something else

Ford is being tight-lipped about the whole thing, they got a report about misconduct and investigated. They found sufficient grounds to terminate him immediately; I can understand not wanting to share what was going on, but I doubt this is "nothing happened, stupid snowflakes."

I bet they found out he attended brony conventions dressed as a unicorn.

Cost him a $5m bonus!