Volkswagen Atlas Tanoak pick-up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Concept: Volkswagen Atlas Tanoak pick-up

And other attempt by VW to build 'merica stuff.

Volkswagen Atlas Tanoak pick-up concept
    Officially a one-off, Volkswagen's mid-size pick-up concept already feels like an assured contender in the mid-size pick-up market

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/n...k-pick-concept

Team Black Jack

So, that's all good.

No one who buys a truck to be a truck in the US will be interested. This will primarily be a competitor for Ridgeline owners with more money or Range Rover owners who want a truck.

turbocharged 2.0-litre four-cylinder petrol and diesel units as well as the naturally aspirated 3.6-litre V6 petrol powerplant featured in the concept with 276bhp and 258lb ft of torque.

The transversely mounted engine channels its drive to all four wheels through an eight-speed torque-converter-equipped automatic gearbox, providing both high and low-range gearing via an Active Control function
    Yup, Ridgeline competitor, the official truck of "I wanted a truck, but my wife wanted a minivan, so we bought a Ridgeline."
    Last edited by Blind_Io; August 27th, 2018, 3:20 PM.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
    but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Does the Ridgeline even sell well enough to need a competitor?
      "I don't care who does the electing, so long as I get to do the nominating" -Boss Tweed

We’ve gone from 'Hope and Change' to 'Hope and Change Your Story.' -Bill Maher

Comment

Originally posted by Blind_Io View Post
        Yup, Ridgeline competitor, the official truck of "I wanted a truck, but my wife wanted a minivan, so we bought a Ridgeline."
        Why not both?

Comment

Originally posted by GRtak View Post
          Does the Ridgeline even sell well enough to need a competitor?
          I see a ton of them around. They are perfect for the people who like the idea of a truck but want it to handle and drive like a car - and there are a lot of them in my area.

No trees were killed in the transmission of this message;
          but a stupendous number of photons and electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Transverse? Come on guys...
            1993 Ford F-150 Flareside - July 2010 - August 2013
            2004 Ford Mustang - September 2013 - February 2018
            1987 Mercury Colony Park GS - August 2015 - Present
            2003 EZGO TXT - March 2015 - Present (it's road legal!)
            2018 Volkswagen Golf GTI 6-Speed (February 2018 - Present)

Comment

Working...
            X