Mopar to release 4.7 liter straight 6 crate engine

I feel obligated to buy a Wrangler now and drop this motor in there.

Make sure to get one before 06 since It doesn't sound like this will drop in where that piece of junk 3.7 v6 is.

I would love one in the 4 door wrangler, that would be a dream.

Make sure to get one before 06 since It doesn't sound like this will drop in where that piece of junk 3.7 v6 is.

I would love one in the 4 door wrangler, that would be a dream.

I'm sure you could make it fit.

I'd buy a rubicon , put this in it then get the AEV Brute Conversion done...

0710_4wd_01_z+jeep_wrangler_tj_aev_brute+right_side_view.jpg

Dear Mopar: weld two of these together to make an 9.4L V12. And then put it in the new Viper.
DO EET.

Yes it does.

What is the state of dress?

For a fully dressed motor that would be a pretty decent deal I imagine. (mind you I"m comparing this to V8's)

Fully dressed that sounds right. ECU, injectors, manifolds, etc are expensive.

Fully dressed that sounds right. ECU, injectors, manifolds, etc are expensive.

Oh yeah I know how expensive injectors are. When I replaced all the injectors in my 1990 cherokee back a dozen years ago they were 47 dollars a piece wholesale.

When we get a "long bock" from rover it doesn't include manifolds, injectors, etc. so it just depends on their definition if a long block.

Double post bump for an update.

This thread made me start thinking of this thread again...

http://forums.finalgear.com/automot...ease-4-7-liter-straight-6-crate-engine-40649/

SO I called up our Dodge parts department, we don't have a new Jeep dealership, and finally asked them to check on the price for that 4.7 liter crate motor.
It is kind of the end of the day though and my guy couldn't find that crate motor in his 2010 performance catalog. Some of the other new crate engines are in there but not that one.

I didn't have a part number for him so he couldn't look it up directly.

I have the part number now but everyone is busy so I can't get through.

Part number is P5155210 and a couple of different sources have said the price will be $4,690 which is kind of high IMO but I want our parts department to check.

http://www.moparmagazine.com/2009/nov-dec/dream_out_loud_with_mopar_blocks_and_crate_engines.html

You can buy a mid mileage 2003 or 2004 Grand Cherokee for 10k-12k so even if the crate motor is $4,700 bucks even after installation you would be well under 20,000. You could throw a trans rebuild with shift in plus a mild lift kit and still be under $20,000.

I have worked on 5.9s a lot when I ran a shop and they just always seemed sloppy to me. They run ok and are usually fairly reliable but guzzel fuel for the amount of power they deliver. I am much more comortable and familar with the 4.0 and feel confident doing any type of work on one, barring a full engine replacment because I just don't have the room or tools, and so I would prefer a XJ or ZJ with a 4.7 stroker over a ZJ with the 5.9.

Also IIRC the limited 5.9 models lock you into AWD all the time with no choice of 2WD. I like being able to switch to 2WD when AWD is not needed.

Oh and I got pricing on those 4.7 strokers from my dealerhship today.

My price as an emolpyee is

$3,495 for the P5155209 and $4,145 for the P5155210. My price for parts is typically 10 percent over cost so add about a $400 for regular retail pricing.

State of dress is still in question though. Gonna have to do more research on that and avaliblity is still limited for the moment.

pfhhh... Derailing that other thread is way more fun!