Burn it with fire: TAS 2011: 370Z to Porsche Panamera Convertible conversion

Aiolos

Car(s)
2005 Toyota Rav4 :-/ (Mom's)
Wow. That is pretty heinous. Those side fenders are ridiculous, and why are the front rims different from back. So much wrong I don't know where to start.

The only thing I like is the interior. Looks pretty cool IMO.

Source: MadWhips via Autoblog

If you wanted to create a Porsche Panamera drop-top, where would you start? Perhaps with a Panamera sedan or something else from the Porsche stable? Or at least something that hails from Germany?

A customizer at the 2011 Tokyo Auto Salon decided his ideal Teutonic convertible would begin life as a Nissan 370Z Roadster. It takes more than a body-kit and upgraded lighting to go from Japan to Germany, but we'll give the owner of this car an A for effort. Execution? Well... not so much.

porsche_panamera_roadster_1-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_roadster_2-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_roadster_4-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_z_roadster_9-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_z_roadster_19-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_z_roadster_15-568-426.jpg

porsche_panamera_z_roadster_28-568-426.jpg

Full Gallery: http://www.madwhips.com/porsche-panamera-z-roadster/

You know I wanna hate on it I really do.... But for one it's not bad looking for two its very well made, it looks almost stock.

:no: and :barf:

The only other way one could possibly emerge from something that hideous would be if Anne Widdicombe was your mother!!!!

ff1876e0-2762-4a9c-ad54-4dcd603e3d05.Large.jpg

Ironically enough they're practically the same colour!

:p

HEY! This thread had enough ugly without Anne Widdicombe.

Laughable, really. Not tear-your-eyeballs-out ugly for some reason when first seeing it TBH... although it really does belong between four steel plates pushed by hydraulic pistons.

Reactions: MWF
One for the "kill-it-with-fire" bin. I'm not sure a panamera drop-top would be THAT ugly (though possibly far out of proportion), but this thing ain't too awesome. Guy does have some skill though, maybe he should give a shot to for example building a real Panamera drop, or hell, even just converting that Z to just a 911.

One for the "kill-it-with-fire" bin. I'm not sure a panamera drop-top would be THAT ugly (though possibly far out of proportion), but this thing ain't too awesome. Guy does have some skill though, maybe he should give a shot to for example building a real Panamera drop, or hell, even just converting that Z to just a 911.

Like Rosie O'Donnell on Rohypnol, just because you can do it doesn't mean you should.

Sometimes I'm so ashamed of what I write.

Why? Why do something like this when you can simply go to a dealer and buy a Porsche Boxster?

Why? Why do something like this when you can simply go to a dealer and buy a Porsche Boxster?
Some people seem to enjoy building tacky cars. Otherwise Mansory wouldn't exist, and unfortunately it does. As does a hell of a lot more of more or less expensive carbage.

I'll be honest, and this is coming from someone who usually hates convertibles.

I think it looks loads better (with the top down) than the hard top.

It looks like a kind of overweight Carrera GT, but in a kind of good way.

You know the worst thing is, a quick look you think "oh well the profile is better with no roof and the interior is nice" then you notice all the stupid shit they tacked on. WHY. You could have left off the stupid wtf rims and sidskirt splitter things and all that and it would have looked good but they had to make it ridiculous.

You know the worst thing is, a quick look you think "oh well the profile is better with no roof and the interior is nice" then you notice all the stupid shit they tacked on. WHY. You could have left off the stupid wtf rims and sidskirt splitter things and all that and it would have looked good but they had to make it ridiculous.
Clearly you have not been paying attention to the Japantastic thread :)

@ that Nissamera.

http://img832.imageshack.**/img832/6640/azumangadaiohfacepalmby.jpg

Why is the key on the right side of the steering wheel? Don't these guys know anything about getting off to a quick start when racing?

Why is the key on the right side of the steering wheel? Don't these guys know anything about getting off to a quick start when racing?
Because the key on most RHD vehicles is on the right side...
And the shifter is on the left.

Anyway, ugly car. I thought it'd need 4 seats to be a 'Panamera'.